Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 8:19:19 PM EDT
With the expiration of the AWB, Kerry made a comment to the media criticizing Bush for having more respect towards his gun buddies than Law Enforcement Officers.  My question is, if an armed robbery were taking place inside Kerry's home and he had an AR15 fully loaded with a 30rnd magazine sitting next to a hunting rifle, which one would he grab?  More than likely, he would give up and get shot, in hopes of gaining another Purple Heart to throw away.
The point is Kerry, guns aren't the enemy, ignorant people are.  If someone wants to kill another, they're going to do it.  If they want an assault rifle, they'll get it, ban or no ban.  All this stupid ban ever did was discriminate against the working man and his "right to bear arms."; by limiting a few minor details of an "assault weapon"; limiting such weapons to possess 2 of 5 characteristics mainly being a pistol grip, and magazine well capable of housing high capacity magazines.  
A website known as http://www.stopthenra.com lists several incidents in which assault weapons were used to commit crimes, however it also listed very few in the last 9 years, mainly to direct attention towards a success of the Assault Weapons Ban.  
The Websters Dictionary defines "Assault" as: a violent physical or verbal attack.  
A weapon is not capable of such actions unless in the hands of the wrong person.  If a ban is set on assault weapons, a ban should also be set on other items as well.
Presently 25,000 people are killed each year in alcohol related accidents.
31,260 women were murdered involving domestic violence.
Each year, more than 400,000 Americans die from cigarette smoking.

To all the NRA activists, serve this country better by making a difference in something that matters more.
These are far more deaths than any assault weapon has killed in the United States in all its' years.
A little more research should have gone into this ban to begin with besides the feelings of one family who lost a loved one.  
An excellent example of the inconsistency with this ban is the North Hollywood Shootout of 1997.  The majority of all law enforcement departments are equiped with high power rifles now do to this incident.  This Shootout marked the turning point of law enforcement readiness, not the beginning of the ban in '94.  As for deaths of Officers, I am sorry but it will happen anyway.  In Arizona, several officers were killed in automobile collisions(fuel tanks erupting, head on collisions, etc.)  Recently 2 Phoenix police officers were killed by a gunman who opened fire on them, but he did not have an "assault weapon".
Guns don't kill, people do, by whatever means necessary.  
Crime will go down with observance of the second ammendment.  The same as it did when permission was granted to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon.  
No matter how dumb people can be, they're not dumb enough to barge into a citizens house if they think that person has an "assault weapon" next to their bed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
um, good read.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
BTW, just in case you didn't know, there were no police fatalities in that incident in california.   Many officers were indeed wounded, but the only deaths were the bank robbers. One of whom killed himself after he apparently realized his time was short, when his rifle jammed, leaving him with only a pistol to continue his insanity.  

Certainly doesn't lessen the whole thing one bit, Nor am I trying to.

I'm just tossing this out there....

JB
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I know, but my intent on that subject was the Brady bill didn't do a thing to change the minds of police officers.  That shootout did though.  I love the picture in one of these forums with the SS agent protecting Reagan with an Uzi.  Lets see, if the SS didn't have those, what would Mrs. Brady have to talk about now???  She should be bitching at her husband for taking that position.  It was his job to protect the president in life or death, and then she gets pissed because he gets shot doing it?  Not only that but he's not even shot by an assault weapon.  It's a freakin' revolver.  She has got to be the dumbest woman on the planet.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BTW, just in case you didn't know, there were no police fatalities in that incident in california.   Many officers were indeed wounded, but the only deaths were the bank robbers. One of whom killed himself after he apparently realized his time was short, when his rifle jammed, leaving him with only a pistol to continue his insanity.  

Certainly doesn't lessen the whole thing one bit, Nor am I trying to.

I'm just tossing this out there....

JB

Wolf ammo.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 She has got to be the dumbest woman on the planet.  

Don't underestimate your enemy.  She is not dumb, she knows exactly what she is doing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
<Don't do this.  4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any living person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.>
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually, if Kerry were attacked, he would pull out one of the grenades he has stashed away and throw it at the criminal.  The criminal would escape, and Kerry would be blown up with his own grenade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top