Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 6:23:43 PM EDT

THE HK INC. WEBSITE IS TEMPORARILY OFFLINE. IT IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/hkihometemp.htm

91,93, etc.

&

"Recent significant contract awards, as well as our assessment that the company is well positioned in competing for additional business, have convinced us to accelerate our plans to establish a manufacturing facility in America," said Vice President of U.S. Operations Peter Simon, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel.
Link to full article here:
www.conway.com/ssinsider/pwatch/pw030915.htm

Edit to fix dead link
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]

anyone know if H-K has any plans for US civilian market?  

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
a semi auto only version of the G36-K would take a serious bite out of the market
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

a semi auto only version of the G36-K would take a serious bite out of the market

The G36 has also been sold to the Spanish Army

Wow.  impressive.

The Spanish army............
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The G36 has also been sold to the Spanish Army

Wow.  impressive.

The Spanish army............

LOL
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah, the plan is to shit on the cilivian market and not give a fuck,

like they have been doing the last 10 years
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#7]
With exp w/ H&K on both sides of the fence... H&K can go play in traffic.
I've shot the G-36k with the different optics packages, it's cool, but I prefer the M4's. That could just be because of use.
I'd get one at the right price, but I wouldn't like H&K's nuts or anything.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe they've already said they will NOT be producing any of the 90-series rifles here.  I wouldn't hold out much hope they will make anything for the regular folks.  I was issued a G36 once- nice rifle, but it won't do anything an M4 won't for less money.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Like every time they redesigned their firearms to accomodate another ban by our govt? Wow, what jerks they are, I can count at least three different redesigns to their rifle series, at their expense, so they could continue to import for the US civvie market. SIG didn't bring 550s here after the import ban. Steyr didn't bring AUGs here after the import ban. FN didn't bring FNFALs/FNCs here after the import ban. IMI didn't manufacyture the UZI/Galil/Tavor here after the import ban.

And HK, after having no civvie market for their CIIIs in '86(MP5, G3, 53), no importable 90's series guns after '89 import ban(91,911, PSG1, 93, 94, SP89), goes out of their way to design, develop and market two long guns that are US importable after the '94 ban(USC, SL8), and they're the ones who have shit on the civilian market? Sounds like you need to retally that score, bro. What overseas SAW manufacturer did better than HK for civilians during the '94 ban years?

FWIW, I have NO vested interest in HK USA/GMbH, but it irks me to see people put blinders on to most overseas manufacturer's lack of civilian accomodation, and ignore HK's repeted attempts to accomodate.

I wonder what the new HK-usa site will look like in a few days?

J.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I suppose it will depend if they dupe the US Army out of buying American?  They are gonna have to do something with that factory they are building.

I think right now one of their reasons for opening the American plant was so they could sell to the airline pilots who get training to carry guns in the cockpit, since US production was a stipulation of winning the contract.

That said, if HK USA has any business sense whatsoever, they'd start cranking out rifles and firearms like nothing.  But past history has shown us that they could give a damn about the civilian market.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
But past history has shown us that they could give a damn about the civilian market.

Compared to what other overseas manufacturer of US-banned semiautomatic assault weapons(to use the ATF term)?

J.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But past history has shown us that they could give a damn about the civilian market.

Compared to what other overseas manufacturer of US-banned semiautomatic assault weapons(to use the ATF term)?

J.

Well, they have made it clear at the SHOT shows and through various channels that they do not plan to product much for the US market because H&K Gmbh wants military contracts.  Of course with the XM8's $26 Million being axed from defense department spending bills and their M4 being poopooed by Colt, maybe they've changed their mind.  But for the last few years they've said firmly and clearly that they will not be producing anything of note for non-military/LEO entities.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd like an HK 94.  I'd register it as an SBR, then put all the neat MP5 stuff on like a 3-lug barrel, wide handguards, collapsing stock.  Truly a Semi-Auto MP5.  I'd prolly stick an ambi selector on as I'm left-handed.

But I know how HK thinks about the civvy market.  A friend of mine owns an HK94 with a transferrable sear in it.  He called them to ask about parts and they hung up on him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#14]
The truth is that NO ONE KNOWS what HK is planning. Anyone who says otherwise does so out of ignorance and probable sour grapes.

Besides.. isn't it more fun to hope, than be a hater?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#15]
HK will not sell longarms to US civillians...

Even their pistol prices are astronomical...

And apart from the HK groupies, a US G36 would be a total flop... The AR is a 100% better weapon all around...

Quoted:
www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/images/hkismall.jpg
THE HK INC. WEBSITE IS TEMPORARILY OFFLINE. IT IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/hkihometemp.htm

91,93, etc.

&

"Recent significant contract awards, as well as our assessment that the company is well positioned in competing for additional business, have convinced us to accelerate our plans to establish a manufacturing facility in America," said Vice President of U.S. Operations Peter Simon, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel.
Link to full article here:

Edit to fix dead link

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah their real Civilian friendly .........

Try and find even a stinkin 10 round mag for a USPC 45 , and I'm not talking much
here , all they have to do is not stamp in the indents down the sides that keep the 8 round from
being a real double stack mag
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Like every time they redesigned their firearms to accomodate another ban by our govt? Wow, what jerks they are, I can count at least three different redesigns to their rifle series, at their expense, so they could continue to import for the US civvie market. SIG didn't bring 550s here after the import ban. Steyr didn't bring AUGs here after the import ban. FN didn't bring FNFALs/FNCs here after the import ban. IMI didn't manufacyture the UZI/Galil/Tavor here after the import ban.

J.

Ummm, I also haven't bought any Sig products and the last and only Steyr product I bought was the 1895 Steyr clone of the Mauser, made in 1895.  I haven't bought any FN products either, never will

Thanks for playing!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And HK, after having no civvie market for their CIIIs in '86(MP5, G3, 53), no importable 90's series guns after '89 import ban(91,911, PSG1, 93, 94, SP89), goes out of their way to design, develop and market two long guns that are US importable after the '94 ban(USC, SL8), and they're the ones who have shit on the civilian market? Sounds like you need to retally that score, bro. What overseas SAW manufacturer did better than HK for civilians during the '94 ban years?

FWIW, I have NO vested interest in HK USA/GMbH, but it irks me to see people put blinders on to most overseas manufacturer's lack of civilian accomodation, and ignore HK's repeted attempts to accomodate.

I wonder what the new HK-usa site will look like in a few days?

J.

Seems to me Juggernaut has it right. That is how I remember it. Does anyone remember the sp89 attempt by HK after the Bush import ban of 89?  They did everything they could to get it to americans.  And they have continued to do so. The tried to introduce a version of the UMP and like the sp89 it was shot down by those wonderful people at the ATF.  

I suspect that once the factory is up and runnning we might see some cool things come to us from HK not that the awb is done.

It is possible they will suck up to the govt to get military contracts.  They have designed a real niffty AR m4 that (imho) will eclipse the current one.

But I don't see the betrayal from Hk that we got from colt and ruger.  

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#24]

I don't know, HK is making an improved ArM4 that I bet will end up being sold to the public. Or at least the new gas system will end up in public hands.  

It is a dandy little thing.  

Here are links to photos of it.

http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm4.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm42.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm43.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm44.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm45.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm46.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm47.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm48.jpg

I just think HK thinks in business terms first, and if they can make a buck selling stuff to us, they will.  

I guess time will tell.  I will be watching.

Zen

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#25]

.....and it ain't an HK.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:21:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I don't know, HK is making an improved ArM4 that I bet will end up being sold to the public. Or at least the new gas system will end up in public hands.

Right now HK is making no such thing because Colt is suing them and Bushmaster over infringement of the M4 copyright and other clauses.

www.defense-aerospace.com/cgi-bin/client/modele.pl?session=dae.3675439.1082652982.QIf5NsOa9dUAAAFWDKU&manuel_call_cat=3&manuel_call_prod=37556&manuel_call_mod=release&modele=jdc_inter

The last thing I remember hearing on the subject was that they had stopped any attempts to bring it to production until the lawsuit is settled.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It is a dandy little thing.  

Here are links to photos of it.

http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm4.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm42.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm43.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm44.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm45.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm46.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm47.jpg
http://www.bcairsoft.com/images/Jason/hkm48.jpg

I just think HK thinks in business terms first, and if they can make a buck selling stuff to us, they will.  

I guess time will tell.  I will be watching.

Zen

In this article it states:

"The Army is considering the XM8 as a replacement for its M4A1 carbine and M16A2 rifle. "

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:58:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I just want 20-30 round mags for my HK USC... That's all.

Call it a Christmas present.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#29]

HK has made the rifle, but I think you mean they aren't producing it yet.

The lawsuit from colt may just end up being about symantics.  The NAME HK and Bushmaster uses for their ARs and such.

I will make a bet right now that you will see HK producing these rifles.  At least that is as a limited production run for the military to test. (much in the same way that 6.8 calibre ARs are being made for special forces right now)  

I don't own an HK, but I would like to someday.  I think they make nice dependable weapons.

Zen

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Other than the name, what exactly is the big difference between the HK and Uzi clones that companies like Vector Arms sells and the non-importable real guns?  They are equally reliable.  I know the POF stuff puts people off, but making gun parts is not rocket science, and only Todd of SW infamy has even come close to screwing it up, and that was mainly just his customer service.  So despite all the political BULLSHIT we have had to endure (and don't tell me Bush is in favor of free trade, because he obviously doesn't understand the meaning of the word "free"), we still have an unbelievably rich diversity of choice of firearms.  Over on Sturmgewehr.com this morning, I saw an ad for US legal new Sig 550s--$4495.  Steep price, but available with the appropriate US parts count to make them legal.  More will come.  

It's too bad we can not convince the powers that be to back off of the free market and stop regulating it so damn hard--it is ridiculous that we can't import whatever guns we want and stop all this crap about US parts counts and such.  Hey, maybe Americans would be able to get decent jobs again if this interference ceased at a broad enough level.  The firearms market is but one small example of a terrible problem our country is enduring thanks to politicians and their do-gooding lack of basic understanding of economics.

As far as HK goes, who needs them?  There are more HK-type rifles on the market now, and great prices, than I have ever seen in my lifetime.  This is the new golden age of gun collecting!  Need mags? Shit, G3 mags are like $4--that is unheard of.  I even see semi-auto HK21s for god's sake!  I soon expect to see a US made UMP clone, and probably a G36 clone as soon as whatever patents run out.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

And HK, after having no civvie market for their CIIIs in '86(MP5, G3, 53), no importable 90's series guns after '89 import ban(91,911, PSG1, 93, 94, SP89), goes out of their way to design, develop and market two long guns that are US importable after the '94 ban(USC, SL8), and they're the ones who have shit on the civilian market?

Yep, they tried to sell two ugly, crappy rifles, which no one really wanted and which were quickly dropped.  Nice try.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Anyone know if H-K has any plans for US civilian market?

Absolutely!

They plan to continue their ongoing policy of ignoring the US civilian market.

*edited to add, is that the REAL ZEN or an imposter???
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top