Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 6:05:47 PM EDT
He just went on a rant against the AWB, saying nobody needs to hunt with an Assault Weapon. He also said "Nobody needs fully automic M16 Assault Weapons". He bought into the "Assault Weapons are fully auto thing. Stupid media people

He just called Wayne Lapierre a Hack also.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I never did like him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, he was right about one thing: Wayne LaPierre IS a hack.

That guy couldn't coherently argue his way out of a wet paper bag.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Frankly, he wasn't too far off on LaPierre.

He represents me...but not very well.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I was just starting to like him. He isn't stupid though and has proven that he can change his mind when presented with facts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I will say this for DM.  He is an ARDENT supporter of the President.

So much so that he has accompanied the Prez on AF1 for various trips.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
So lets edumacate his ass !!
Email him and lets set him straight.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like Mr Miller needs some information / education on the subject, instead of kneejerk condemnation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So lets edumacate his ass !!
Email him and lets set him straight.

someone needs to take him on a range trip!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Let him have it. Be a smartass.

[email protected]

Sent him this:

AWB NONSENSE:

C'mon, Denny, you're smarter than that.

I cannot believe you are so naive as to have bought into the anti freedom crowds' bullshit regarding these firearms. The AWB was nothing more than a paper tiger, meant simply to infringe upon the rights of honest people to keep and bear arms. I am really kind of shocked that you appear so uninformed on this issue.

Fact: Fully Automatic weapons, such as the M-16 are Heavily regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934. they were not then nor are they now affected by the 1994 ban.

Fact: The AWB did not ban anything based on power or function, but rather purely cosmetic features such as collapsible stocks and bayonet lugs. Further fact: virtually indistinguishable, perfectly legal "post ban" versions of these guns have been sold in the millions in the ten years that the Wicked Witch of the Far Left's gun ban was in effect. And yet, by the anti's own admission, and backed by stats from the justice department, crime has gone down. While gun ownership has increased. Hmmmmmm...Might be something interesting about that if we'd only disengage the cranial-rectal interface and look. It's even more pragmatic to realize that criminals, by their very definition, ain't gonna give two shits if they break a gun law. As in the jungle, as with terrorists and other predators, the only way to keep from being eaten is with a nice sharp set of teeth, and I for one don't want the criminals to have a better orthodontist than me.

Dennis, you are much smarter than the rest of the snarling pack of left-leaning drones so prevalent in the media.

But you're just flat wrong on this one, sport.

SG
Alabama

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#10]
[email protected]

I emailed a complaint to the show after he said AWB was about "machine guns" LAST night.

I'll see tonight's repeat showing in an hour.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Let him have it. Be a smartass.

[email protected]

Sent him this:

AWB NONSENSE:

C'mon, Denny, you're smarter than that.

I cannot believe you are so naive as to have bought into the anti freedom crowds' bullshit regarding these firearms. The AWB was nothing more than a paper tiger, meant simply to infringe upon the rights of honest people to keep and bear arms. I am really kind of shocked that you appear so uninformed on this issue.

Fact: Fully Automatic weapons, such as the M-16 are Heavily regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934. they were not then nor are they now affected by the 1994 ban.

Fact: The AWB did not ban anything based on power or function, but rather purely cosmetic features such as collapsible stocks and bayonet lugs. Further fact: virtually indistinguishable, perfectly legal "post ban" versions of these guns have been sold in the millions in the ten years that the Wicked Witch of the Far Left's gun ban was in effect. And yet, by the anti's own admission, and backed by stats from the justice department, crime has gone down. While gun ownership has increased. Hmmmmmm...Might be something interesting about that if we'd only disengage the cranial-rectal interface and look. It's even more pragmatic to realize that criminals, by their very definition, ain't gonna give two shits if they break a gun law. As in the jungle, as with terrorists and other predators, the only way to keep from being eaten is with a nice sharp set of teeth, and I for one don't want the criminals to have a better orthodontist than me.

Dennis, you are much smarter than the rest of the snarling pack of left-leaning drones so prevalent in the media.

But you're just flat wrong on this one, sport.

SG
Alabama

I had my brain at maxpower bro! I see you got it. Good catch!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]
On his old HBO show he did say that he is for the Second Amendment and he is for gun ownership, but he didn't think that AK47's were what the founding fathers had in mind.

He is like the willow tree, bends whichever way the wind blows....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1, from an NRA life member.

Remember the Almo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, from an NRA life member.

Remember the Almo, and God Bless Texas...

+2, from another NRA life member.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Sent my e-mail telling him he's incorrect.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#17]
email sent
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#18]
And comedians don't need to use the word 'fuck' to be funny, sorry Dennis, time to ban those evil words...

(If I could talk to animals, I wouldn't...)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:11:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Dennis Miller has ALWAYS been somewhat anti-gun.  He's become more conservative wrt foreign policy and some social issues, but that hasn't changed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I saw this, too, and decided to e-mail him after work today.
Watching his mini-monolog with all the familiar phrases and bullshit of the anti-gun faction really fucked me off!
The first thing I thought of was 'he needs to be corrected and taken to the range'...preferrably one where both a full-auto and semi-auto rifle are available.  That'd put a shit-eatin' "Bubba" grin on his face!
I couldn't believe the insult to the NRA ( to members, that's US ) and generalizations he was spewing.

Glad you guys were on it right away and put the link up.
Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:00:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I saw his HBO show once when he had Heston on to rail him over gun control issues and the whole "cold dead hands" thing.

What a hippocrite to scream for peoples rights, and then turn right around and select which ones.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:04:12 AM EDT
[#22]
He was ...is...and will be an asshole.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:05:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Dennis Miller may be an asshole, but he is an intelligent, thinking asshole.  If someone made a concerted effort to educate him, I believe he would come around.  He's pretty conservative on many other issues.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:09:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Dennis Miller may be an asshole, but he is an intelligent, thinking asshole.  If someone made a concerted effort to educate him, I believe he would come around.  He's pretty conservative on many other issues.

If you went to high school with him, you would consider educating him by beating the shit out of him every day for being an annoying little asshole.... According to a friend of mine who went to scholl with him.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I guess the RNC's check must've bounced.

Miller went from far left to far right in just under a year, right before the Iraq invasion.  He used to come on Leno and push pro-war, anti-Saddam propaganda.  I was always confused by that--WTF?  When did this guy become a neocon?  

I think he did too much coke.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I guess the RNC's check must've bounced.

I think your reality check has bounced.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Dennis Miller (like most people) is probably just ignorant of what the law actually did, so it is our job to educate him without completely turning him off to our point of view.  I just sent him this letter:

Dear Mr. Miller,

I have always been a big fan of yours and I have especially appreciated your steadfast support of President Bush, but I was disappointed by your reaction to the expiration of the Assault Weapon Ban. Most people really still don't understand what the 1994 law actually did. The law focused on four features: bayonet lugs, collapsible stocks, flash suppressors and pistol grips, and stated that any semi-automatic weapon that had a detachable magazine could only have one of those "evil features." As an example, while the law was in effect I could legally own an AR-15 style rifle with a pistol grip as long as it did not also have a collapsible stock, bayonet lug or flash suppressor. The only effect of the law's expiration is that I can now put those features on my rifle if I so choose. It did not deregulate the possession of machine guns (they have been regulated since 1938), nor did it mean that "Uzis would now be flooding the streets" as some have suggested (they have been illegal to import into the United States since 1989.) The semi-automatic rifles targeted by the ban are functionally indistinguishable from any other semi-automatic rifle, their only "sin" was that they were perceived to be more intimidating-looking by most people. The only real effect of the high-capacity magazine ban (which expired at the same time) was that the high-capacity magazines manufactured before the ban (which were plentiful and still perfectly legal to own) suddenly became more valuable.

I have been a law-enforcement officer for nearly twenty years, and I can safely say that the 1994 law had absolutely no effect on violent crime. Semi-automatic rifles (or rifles of any kind) are rarely used in the commission of crimes, due mostly to the fact that they are very difficult to conceal (contrary to what Sarah Brady would have you believe, a collapsible stock on a rifle does not allow you to put it in your pocket.) It was a useless law that only served to make ignorant people feel safe and get some politicians re-elected.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and keep up the good work on your show.  If you are ever in North Dakota again (my wife and I saw your show in Grand Forks) drop me a line and I'll be happy to take you to the range to shoot my "evil black rifle."

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
He just went on a rant against the AWB, saying nobody needs to hunt with an Assault Weapon. He also said "Nobody needs fully automic M16 Assault Weapons". He bought into the "Assault Weapons are fully auto thing.

No surprise, he's always been a gun hater.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Damn good letter Nimrod1193.
Let's see some more from the peanut gallery...
I'll work on mine tonight after work.
Post any responses you get back, if any.

Bus

Quoted:
Dennis Miller (like most people) is probably just ignorant of what the law actually did, so it is our job to educate him without completely turning him off to our point of view.  I just sent him this letter:

Dear Mr. Miller,

I have always been a big fan of yours and I have especially appreciated your steadfast support of President Bush, but I was disappointed by your reaction to the expiration of the Assault Weapon Ban. Most people really still don't understand what the 1994 law actually did. The law focused on four features: bayonet lugs, collapsible stocks, flash suppressors and pistol grips, and stated that any semi-automatic weapon that had a detachable magazine could only have one of those "evil features." As an example, while the law was in effect I could legally own an AR-15 style rifle with a pistol grip as long as it did not also have a collapsible stock, bayonet lug or flash suppressor. The only effect of the law's expiration is that I can now put those features on my rifle if I so choose. It did not deregulate the possession of machine guns (they have been regulated since 1938), nor did it mean that "Uzis would now be flooding the streets" as some have suggested (they have been illegal to import into the United States since 1989.) The semi-automatic rifles targeted by the ban are functionally indistinguishable from any other semi-automatic rifle, their only "sin" was that they were perceived to be more intimidating-looking by most people. The only real effect of the high-capacity magazine ban (which expired at the same time) was that the high-capacity magazines manufactured before the ban (which were plentiful and still perfectly legal to own) suddenly became more valuable.

I have been a law-enforcement officer for nearly twenty years, and I can safely say that the 1994 law had absolutely no effect on violent crime. Semi-automatic rifles (or rifles of any kind) are rarely used in the commission of crimes, due mostly to the fact that they are very difficult to conceal (contrary to what Sarah Brady would have you believe, a collapsible stock on a rifle does not allow you to put it in your pocket.) It was a useless law that only served to make ignorant people feel safe and get some politicians re-elected.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and keep up the good work on your show.  If you are ever in North Dakota again (my wife and I saw your show in Grand Forks) drop me a line and I'll be happy to take you to the range to shoot my "evil black rifle."

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#30]
What's wrong with Wayne LaPierre????  I think he's done a prety darn good job lately.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#31]
No matter how much the winds howl, the mountain will not bow to it!

Email will be forth coming form another NRA Life Member.

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Before this is really old news and not enough of us take Dennis Miller to task on it, I tried to use the link and came up with a dead end there.

Is there a better link to e-mail him at, or did they cut the e-mail because he got slammed by the 'Bubba Gun-Nut Militia Wanna-be's' he insulted so much?  

Somebody post a good link and I'll get my letter started.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Before this is really old news and not enough of us take Dennis Miller to task on it, I tried to use the link and came up with a dead end there.

Is there a better link to e-mail him at, or did they cut the e-mail because he got slammed by the 'Bubba Gun-Nut Militia Wanna-be's' he insulted so much?  

Somebody post a good link and I'll get my letter started.  Thanks.

This is the email address fresh from the CNBC website:  [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top