Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 2:44:25 PM EDT
I bet to put the screws on gun makers they will mandate after another ban that "assault weapons" can only be sold to law enforcement agencies and not to individual officers.

What say you?

CRC
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#1]

What say you?

*<sigh>*
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I bet to put the screws on gun makers they will mandate after another ban that "assault weapons" can only be sold to law enforcement agencies and not to individual officers.

What say you?

CRC

If another  ban is introduced, they should go after deer rifles and shotguns first. Especially 12 gauge trap guns. You know they can bring down airliners and the space station!

The more this issue comes up the more pissed I get. I saw this asswipe skeet shooter from Ohio say, that Kerry was a hunter and a skeet shooter, so he was alright in his book and he didn't think Kerry was against the 2nd Amendment. There's an idiot in every crowd.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If another  ban is introduced, they should go after deer rifles and shotguns first. Especially 12 gauge trap guns. You know they can bring down airliners and the space station!

The more this issue comes up the more pissed I get. I saw this asswipe skeet shooter from Ohio say, that Kerry was a hunter and a skeet shooter, so he was alright in his book and he didn't think Kerry was against the 2nd Amendment. There's an idiot in every crowd.

1.) No more bans.

2.) We're not all that stupid here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I watched earlier as Kerry said "I've been a hunter and a gun owner all my life, and I've never once thought about hunting with an Assault Weapon." I get so sick of these type of comments. The second ammendment says nothing about hunting! He's also continued to say how President Bush had lied to every police officer in America by misquoting him on his position on the AWB. Then continued the same ole BS about how President Bush has put us all in danger by letting the AWB to sunset. WHERE DO THESE ASSHATS COME FROM?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Reading the text of the two "tougher" bans (S 1431 and HR 203), there's no mention of an exemption for LEOs or retired LEOs (as allowed in the 94 ban).

It's pretty much guaranteed that the antis will reintroduce the "expanded" ban next legislative session regardless who controls the House and Senate. There's one big problem with that; the antis place a lot of importance in getting the support of rank and file LEO organizations. Without it, it severely weakens their argument. When hearings were taking place at the beginning of the year Sen John Warner testified...

"Not only does President Bush support this legislation--law enforcement does as well. The men and women of law enforcement know that this legislation makes communities safer. In a letter dated February 18, 2004, the Grand Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police writes, ``It is the position of the Grand Lodge that we will support the re authorization of current law, but we will not support any expansion of the ban.'' This endorsement comes in addition to the endorsement of just about every other major law enforcement organization, and in addition to the endorsements of chiefs of police all across Virginia. "

So, either the antis will try to pass a tougher ban without the support of the FOP, or they'll have to re-write it to grant an exemption for LEOs (which would weaken their argument if the FOP pulls a flip-flop and endorses it).
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to see as many manufacturers as possible to voluntarily cease sales to police agencies if another ban was passed. It'd take brass balls the size of Montana, but if every one of them did that, it would send a powerful message. No FBI, no DEA, no state police, no Mayberry police. No one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I only ask because that was William Hughes' idea with machine guns, which he got banned in 1986.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'd like to see as many manufacturers as possible to voluntarily cease sales to police agencies if another ban was passed. It'd take brass balls the size of Montana, but if every one of them did that, it would send a powerful message. No FBI, no DEA, no state police, no Mayberry police. No one.

They should threaten to stop making weapons for the Military too. Oh yeah, then they would just be made from some overseas company. My stupid.

Manufactures ceasing sales to LEO's or anyother government agency? Never happen. Closest thing was Barrett telling the LA cops to kiss his butt.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I think 90% of the Cops don't need guns at all let alone AW's.  Why do they need to be armed to write a speeding ticket?  Way too many of them are trigger happy and shoot people without good cause.  Give em' Tasers and Pepper Spray and send them on their way to do their job, if something happens that fire power is needed call in SWAT.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think 90% of the Cops don't need guns at all let alone AW's.  Why do they need to be armed to write a speeding ticket?  Way too many of them are trigger happy and shoot people without good cause.  Give em' Tasers and Pepper Spray and send them on their way to do their job, if something happens that fire power is needed call in SWAT.

Oh Bullcrap!

Cops need guns and so do I.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I think Frank was being Sarcastic. Anyway, that's how it is in Britain.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think Frank was being Sarcastic. Anyway, that's how it is in Britain.

LOL, I'm glad that someone around here gets it.  Cops need to be armed and so do citizens. I just get tired of hearing about the "Poor Cops" being out gunned by Mr.Bad Guy but the same people turn right around and say that Law Biding Citizens don't need guns, WTF, we're the ones that the Bad Guys prey upon, if we don't need to be armed then who the heck does?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Joke if you must, Laughing Boy, but answer me this: is Skylab still up there? What happened to the Challenger? What happened to the Columbia? Were shotguns - specifically designed for the elimination of airborne targets - regulated by the AWB? NO! Can you say "emotionally informed cause-and-effect?"  If America is to have a viable space program, the AWB must be revived, and shotguns (particularly super accurate high-altitude shotguns capable of using MAGNUM shells) must be brought under the regulatory umbrella.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Joke if you must, Laughing Boy, but answer me this: is Skylab still up there? What happened to the Challenger? What happened to the Columbia? Were shotguns - specifically designed for the elimination of airborne targets - regulated by the AWB? NO! Can you say "emotionally informed cause-and-effect?"  If America is to have a viable space program, the AWB must be revived, and shotguns (particularly super accurate high-altitude shotguns capable of using MAGNUM shells) must be brought under the regulatory umbrella.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Unfortunately I have found there are a lot of idiots in the skeet and trap crowd...That is not a unique comment around those places...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone ever asked Feinstein or Brady why there is always an exemption for law
enforcement in gun ban legislation? If "the only purpose of these guns(so called assault
weapons) is to kill as many people as quickly as possible", why can law enforcement use
them? Do we want the cops killing as many people as quickly as possible? Why doesn't
some pro 2A congressman ever raise the apparent contradictions and idiocy of gun bans
on the floor of the house or senate rather than the half assed replys I usually hear?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top