Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 12:04:13 PM EDT
usually wayne is a pretty eloquent talk show guest, but last night i thought he got his ass handed to him by seattle's police chief.

anyone else catch this?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#1]
WLP didn't seem to be able to get away from his talking points to address issues brought up by either the host or the Police Chief, especially regarding flash hiders and telescoping stocks.  I saw him on 3 or 4 news shows yesterday and WLP wasn't really challenged except on the News Hour.  Disappointing performance - we will probably need to do better to fight off efforts at a new ban in the future.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
glad i wasn't the only one who thought he whiffed
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Every show I've seen him on in the last few days, he seemed inadequate.  He doesn't bring up the most important points and doesn't go into proper details to explain what the AWB really was about.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Was that Seattle's chief?  When I heard that guy start his "easier to conceal the weapon" bullshite about the telestocks, I lost interest.

Man, when polititions in uniforms start yapping to the masses it really makes me wince...  

Blah, blah, blah ... anything to disarm the public.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Was that Seattle's chief?  When I heard that guy start his "easier to conceal the weapon" bullshite about the telestocks, I lost interest.

Man, when polititions in uniforms start yapping to the masses it really makes me wince...  

Blah, blah, blah ... anything to disarm the public.

he was probably the most lucid anti gunner i've ever heard speak.

an underfolding ak isn't more concealable than a fixed stock?
if you were a jbt taking fire at night, wouldn't you be in favor of muzzle breaks vs vortexes?
yeah, 10 rds is as good as 30

i'm not saying i agree with the chief's argument, but wlp did little to refute it.  rather than saying any gun control was anticonstitutional, and pushing us down the slippery slope, he stuck with the argument that the awb was purely cosmetic.  i didn't put a collapsable stock and 30 rd mag in my ar cuz they look cool.

not your typical blabbering moron
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Wayne doesn't appear to know what the purpose of a flash suppressor is either.
The chief said people shooting at cops at night with a FS would be undetectable. The Popo wouldn't be able to tell where the incoming fire was from.

Wayne said it was a cosmetic thing.
Pretty weak, Wayne. Pretty weak.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Flash hiders are cosmetic.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Wayne LaPierre is no better at providing factual, common sense reasons in the defense of the 2nd Amendment than most of the NRA's paid lobbyists. There's a good many of them that are quite pathetic, actually.

Rather sad, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#9]
WLP  has never been that good at these things

who was the gal who used to be president, Tanya Metaksa ??

she was usually excellent at debating the 2nd ammendment & gun control
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]
NRA needs to replace him with someone who can speak!  Also the Armalite interview last night on Cavuto was  that guy could not sell water to someone dying in the desert.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I griped about this a few days ago but no responses. I just thought that everyone on arfcom thought he was good in an interview.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=274296
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh by the way, I wrote the NRA and let them know how I felt about it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#13]
christ, i hate to say it but, "WE NEED AN ACTOR!"

sheeple follow anyone who's been in movies, regardless of their qualifications.

are there any pro gun actors out there other than tom selleck?  NOTE:  i didn't say "good" actor.

i just refuse to believe wayne is the best we can do.  i remember that old lady (metaska?) kicking ass on 60 minutes and everything else she showed up on.  it's a hard enough arguement to win; the nra doesn't need a wooden spokesman making the case.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#14]
The Armalite guy sucked on that interview.  He had a great chance to rip on that Brady weenie and didn't take it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm curious to know what you guys would have said to justify flash suppresors and folding/telescoping stocks?

Not being smartass,I'd really like to know the argument.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Wayne LaPierre is no better at providing factual, common sense reasons in the defense of the 2nd Amendment than most of the NRA's paid lobbyists. There's a good many of them that are quite pathetic, actually.

Rather sad, if you ask me.

BIG FRICKIN' DITTOS!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#17]
anyone see john stewart making fun of him on the daily show?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top