Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 11:19:09 AM EDT
What an AWESOME series!!!

Last night focused on the new pipeline being built by BTC from the Caspian to the Persian Gulf to move Georgian oil through Turkey to western tankers docked in the gulf. Supposedly this will be online in 2005 and will reduce the west's reliance on Arab oil by 30-50%.

No wonder Russia is rattling the political sabre with Georgia again.

Anyone else catch this show??
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Missed it.  Sounds like it was informative.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I caught it.  They're doing the third episode on oil drilling in the arctic and Canada.

If you liked this, look for the PBS series of "The Prize" or read the book by Daniel Yergin.  An amazing story about the highest stakes in the world; the development of the Persian Gulf oil fields.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I was shocked at the magnitude of the project and how far along they are. Of course, trading with crazy Georgians isn't much better than trading with the crazy Saudis.... But it does give me hope that my dream of not sending money to the Middle East anymore may come true someday....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top