Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 9:14:12 AM EDT
Who sells the best 4 position stocks? Are there any particular ones that should be avoided due to poor quality? I saw the one at Tapco for $29.99 in OD here ---> Tapco Stock Is the Tapco one low quality junk or not? I thought they would cost more than that. I am looking for a black one for my Bushy so the OD Tapco one wont work for me but I need to know what to watch out for if anything. Is there a Mil-Spec on these? I checked the "Build Your Own" section but I couldnt find any info on stocks. Sorry for the newbie questions but up until yesterday I had no reason to bother looking at them.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Hit the AR15 forum....

Your thread is here
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow! Thanks macro that was a fast reply. I feel stupid now. I guess I should have dug further.

ETA: Upon full review of your link macro, I am still left with my original question. Thanks for trying to help tho, it is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay, upon further review of macros link I think that I should have asked my question a little differently. I asked who makes "the best" 4 position collapsible stock. I am not looking for a fancy multi-function stock. The stocks in the above link are way more than I need. They are also very expensive. I am looking for a standard M4 style stock of good quality. So my original question about the Tapco stock still stands. Can anyone else help me out here? Where can I find a stock like the one in the Arfcom logo?  That is the configuration I am looking for, a basic M4 clone.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a used COLT M4 stock with the Heavy buffer in the EE.  Are you looking for the OLD style. (my favorite) or the newer M4 style?

I would suggest COLT.  I'm not familiar with the $29 stock to which you refer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Rock River, ribbed style.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I would recommend you stick with either Colt, RRA Ribbed M4 Style, or if you want to get pricey, VLTOR or Crane.  Those are all of true quality, and can be had in our EE for bvarying ranges of  dough. I would not expect to pay less than 70.00 for a quality stock (That includes buffer and tube) and perhaps a bit more. Alot more if you go with a Crane, VLTOR, or ACE.

For pure butt-stroking fun, the ACE M4 SOCOM is built like a brick shithouse, but is priced like the Taj Mahal. Some like the different look, some don't. I love mine.

SG
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I picked up a used COLT M4 stock with the Heavy buffer in the EE.  Are you looking for the OLD style. (my favorite) or the newer M4 style?

I would suggest COLT.  I'm not familiar with the $29 stock to which you refer.

I believe I am looking for the old style. I am not up to par on these at all. What exactly is the difference between the old style and the new style that you are speaking of?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone. The RRA (Rock River Arms) CAR stock is what I was looking for. I assume this is the "old" style markm was referring to lol. At any rate I'm good to go.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Dang!  I don't have pics, but the OLD style is smaller and has no angle to it from the toe to the heel of the stock.  The newer style has a more ribbed appearance and an angle on the end of the buttstock.  The new also has a sling attachment like the fixed stock.

The old style is now discontinued by COLT, so I had to pay $160 to get mine with a wrench and all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#10]
DUH!  the new style is like the carbean at the top left of this web page!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
DUH!  the new style is like the carbean at the top left of this web page!

Yeah, the "new style" you keep referring to is a CAR Tactical six-position Stock. They have em at Rock River Arms for $90
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top