BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 8:30:19 AM EDT
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5999223/

I wonder how this would pan out if we conducted exucutions for bank fraud
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]
They will bill the family for the bullet and make the perp dig his own grave before they shoot him behind the head.  They have no qualms about executing their criminals.  In some cases thats probably a good thing.  5 cents for the bullet versues millions of dollars to jail some 16 yo for the rest of his life.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#2]
maybe we can do a prisoner exchange for Martha Stewart, I heard the Country Club Jail she wants to serve her time in is booked up.

On a serious note -  I'm all for the death penalty, don't think bank fraud is deserving of a bullet to the back of the head. Of course it is wrong and deserves punishment, but those type of executions  are reeminisent of the behaviour of Muslim countries -

i.e. Saudi Arabia -steal a loaf of bread, get your hands chopped off -
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess communism DOES pay!!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]
What's in your wallet?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Amazing how efficient the criminal justice system is without due process.  For those in admiration of the PRC CJ system remember they don't have a 2nd Amendment either.  OSHA?  Unions?  Forget it!  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats fucked up, the only think bank fraud hurts is the insurance company. And the insurance company hurts you. Its part of life. But getting a bullet in the head. Jesus, little fucked up... Maybe if they had robbed the bank at gun point and shot some body.

But a violent end for a non violent crime, thats China for yeah. What a wonderful country.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#8]
There's one thing for certain.  Those guys will never defraud another bank.  Their justice system is harsh, but the recidivism rate is near zero.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#9]
It sounds like China is serious about cutting down on the corruption that's flourished there in past years.  

Did anyone see the other "death penalty" offenses at the end of the article?  Butt pinching was one of them...............
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Outstanding.

Do the crime, do the time.  For them in China, it's forever.

It's like like they stole $20 from the collection box. they stole millions.  

We would have less murders, less rape, no more he's really a good kid, just got caught up in a bad group.  

Certain areas of this country would be cleaned up real fast.

No one forced them to commit the crime.

btw, WTF does unions have to do with this?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Very un-communist of them...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#12]
The PRC has so many, what is a few less.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#13]

btw, WTF does unions have to do with this?

Just that you have zero rights in China and that though you may admire their system of law, it is by no means a system to emulate.  You can say what you want about the US legal system but at least the accused has a right to a trial.  What if someone framed you?  What if you're falsely accused?  Its all good until it happens to you.  

Unions & OSHA?  In the US you are protected from a dangerous work environment and your employer must conform to legal parameters.  All the stuff you buy at Walmart that is made in Chinese factories are probably made in conditions more akin to slave labor.

Bottom line, I'll take the US legal system with all the good and bad.  I would rather have an OJ get off free than a Gestapo any day.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#14]
The trial lawyers benefit, the felons benefit, the victims and the taxpayers lose in our systems of justice.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Quoted:

(cough) Neil Bush (cough)

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

(cough) Neil Bush (cough)

(cough) Bill & Hillary (cough), (cough) LBJ (cough)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The trial lawyers benefit, the felons benefit, the victims and the taxpayers lose in our systems of justice.

+1
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd like to pull the trigger on our Ex-CEO scumbag crook who drove our company down the toilet.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top