Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 7:38:48 AM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=118x86385

21stcentprogressive (97 posts)       Mon Sep-13-04 10:43 AM
Original message
GITN SPECIAL - POST AWB BLOODBATH WATCH, DAY 1

Edited on Mon Sep-13-04 10:46 AM by 21stcentprogressive
Hopefully we are all braced for the bloodbath beginning today now that the ban is expired and banned weapons are flooding the streets. Please post the many stories that are likely to occur regarding the coming massacre to this thread. Rules are below, slightly modified from the usual GITN.

1 - Post only stories where the weapon used to commit the blood-bath is an assault weapon as defined by the recently expired assault weapons ban and is legally transferred to a civilian after September 12, 2004; the story must be clear in the configuration of the weapon and the transfer date to determine it was indeed at one point banned; news stories are not always clear on this point, as in the case of the DC area snipers who used a weapon that was not banned, so please use caution; the definition of assault weapon under the ban was:
Any on this list
Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);
Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;
Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);
Colt AR-15;
Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;
SWD M-10; M-11; M-11/9, and M-12;
Steyr AUG;
INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9, AND TEC-22 ;
revolving cylinder shotguns such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12.
Any firearm produced with more than one of the following features
Rifles
Folding/telescoping stock
Protruding pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Threaded muzzle or flash suppressor
Grenade launcher
Pistols
Magazine outside grip
Threaded muzzle
Barrel shroud
Unloaded weight of 50 ounces or more
Semi-automatic version of a fully automatic weapon
Shotguns
Folding/telescoping stock
Protruding pistol grip
Detachable magazine capacity
Fixed magazine capacity greater than 5 rounds
2 - Feel free to add any CURRENT stories to this thread by replying to this message. In order to be considered current, stories should have been originally posted on the Internet within the previous 24 hours, or provide follow-up to a story that was previously posted on the J/PS board. EXCEPTION: On Mondays (since many people do not log in to DU over the weekend), stories can be posted from Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.
3 - Bear in mind that any links to intentionally pro-control sites (such as the VPC or the Brady Campaign) are not considered reliable sources by many DU-ers. If at all possible, try to find a link for your story from a more mainstream source, such as a general-circulation newspaper or magazine site. If you choose to use a slanted site, be prepared for any negative feedback you may receive.
4 - Please try whenever possible to provide links to web sites that do not require you to subscribe to the site to read the story. If a subscription site is the only source you can find for a story, please note that fact in your message so people can decide whether they want to follow the link to read the entire story.
5 - Do not change story titles. In other words, if the Oskosh Gazette's web site runs a story titled "Two Killed in Holdup", the title of your message should read "Two Killed in Holdup". Don't change it to "Gun Owner Kills Two People", or anything else that changes the meaning of the story.
6 - If it's not clear from the title where the story occurred, add the city, state, or country in parentheses after the title.
7 - The person adding a news story to the "GITN" thread is allowed (and encouraged) to comment on that story, indicating their position on the topic being discussed. These comments can appear either at the beginning or end of the post; if possible, place comments in a different typeface so readers can separate the comments from the story. Others who wish to comment on a posted story can do so by replying to that story; this allows other readers to follow the comments by scrolling through the subthread.
8 - Please direct your comments to the story, rather than attacking the person posting the story or any person responding to the story. In accordance with DU rules, any message that appears to be a personal attack against another DU-er or a violation of any other DU rule will be reported to the moderators.
9 - If you object to these guidelines, do everyone else a favor and go to another thread.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#1]
im gonna guess that most of the fruit-loops on that site don't know what half (if not more) of those features are.

Example Description:
- Black Gun
- Sprayed at least 30 dozen bullets in under 5 seconds
- Used a 60 bullet clip
- Looked like an Uzi or AK47
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
im gonna guess that most of the fruit-loops on that site don't know what half (if not more) of those features are.

Example Description:
- Black Gun
- Sprayed at least 30 dozen bullets in under 5 seconds
- Used a 60 bullet clip
- Looked like an Uzi or AK47

It's kind of sad/funny that many of those assclowns use "Uzi" like people use "Xerox machine" as an all inclusive. My sister did that in a debate with me once. I had all I could do to keep from losing it from laughter.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:48:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:49:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I had to run in the bathroom and turn on the tap! Phew! Just water, no blood. I dont take baths but a 'blood shower' would have been icky.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Bear in mind that any links to intentionally pro-control sites (such as the VPC or the Brady Campaign) are not considered reliable sources by many DU-ers. If at all possible, try to find a link for your story from a more mainstream source, such as a general-circulation newspaper or magazine site. If you choose to use a slanted site, be prepared for any negative feedback you may receive."

Huh? sounds like one of us with a troll account, those sheep would believe anything on the VPC or Brady site "Hey it's on the internet!"

Yeah, I thought that too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Bear in mind that any links to intentionally pro-control sites (such as the VPC or the Brady Campaign) are not considered reliable sources by many DU-ers. If at all possible, try to find a link for your story from a more mainstream source, such as a general-circulation newspaper or magazine site. If you choose to use a slanted site, be prepared for any negative feedback you may receive."

Huh? sounds like one of us with a troll account, those sheep would believe anything on the VPC or Brady site "Hey it's on the internet!"

Yeah, I thought that too.

Yeah, I thought so too but I'm not sure.  If it's a troll account, it's a real good troll.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#7]
It will be one of their smallest post count topics ever.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#8]
why is grenade launcher on that list?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
why is grenade launcher on that list?

"Detachable magazine capacity"

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I noticed something interesting:

It was Pro-Gun Troll!

Check out the second message the Threads Originator wrote:

4. Okay, but according to all the news stories and editorials I read,
the streets should be knee-deep by tomorrow.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#11]
(sound of crickets chirping)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top