Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 4:20:38 AM EDT
This news paper is the most liberal news paper I've ever come by. It's editor can't define objective news. It drives me crazy, every one and everything they report on is repressed and pathetic. I've already posted a rebuttle, but it would be great if RKBA'ers descended on them with intelligent replies. I've never seen a worse infection of the frenchy-poofagnasties

Jackson Free Press

http://www.jacksonfreepress.com/comments.php?id=3980_0_27_0_C

Federal Assault Weapons Ban Expiring
AP reports: "The expiration Monday of a 10-year federal ban on assault weapons means firearms like AK-47s, Uzis and TEC-9s can now be legally bought - a development that has critics upset and gun owners pleased. The 1994 ban, signed by President Clinton, outlawed 19 types of military-style assault weapons. A clause directed that the ban expire unless Congress specifically reauthorized it, which it did not. Studies done by pro- and antigun groups as well as the Justice Department show conflicting results on whether the ban helped reduce crime. Loopholes allowed manufacturers to keep many weapons on the market simply by changing their names or altering some of their features or accessories. ... But advocates for the ban, including the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, point to some particularly vicious shootings in which military-style weapons were used – including the 10 killings in the sniper shooting spree that terrorized residents in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C., in 2002. National police organizations such as the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the International Brotherhood of Police Officers and the Fraternal Order of Police all support the renewal of the ban. President Bush has said he would sign such a bill if Congress passed it."

Posted by: ladd on Sep 13, 04 | 9:24 am | Profile
COMMENTS
BushCo allows a ban protecting us from easily accessible ASSAULT weapons to fade (note: Assault is all the weapons can be used for... Try killing a deer with an assault weapon and see if there's any meat left to consume that isn't riddled with holes and blood). Meanwhile, BushCo is proposing a drastic cut to the COPS program that provides grants to hire police officers on a local and/or state level.

Seems BushCo is more interested in protecting Iraq than America from my vantage point. Of course, my vantage point is one in billions.

Are people really this blind when it comes to this man and his administration? I understand not liking or even loathing Kerry (I'm not a fan) but does it make sense to turn a blind-eye to an administration that has repeatedly put them before us? Sadly and quietly, we are all becoming second-class citizens as more and more money and lives are drained and funneled into securing Iraq.

Posted by: Knol Aust on Sep 13, 04 | 11:37 am
AP reports:

Democratic Sen. John Kerry on Monday accused President Bush of ducking his responsibility to protect the country from crime and terrorism by allowing a national assault weapons ban to expire. Kerry outlined his own $5 billion plan to fight crime and picked up the endorsement of the National Association of Police Organizations, a coalition of more than 2,000 police unions and associations.

"Today George Bush made the job of terrorists easier and made the job of America's law enforcement officers harder and that's just plain wrong," the Democratic nominee told a Washington audience. Kerry said, "George Bush made a choice today. He chose his powerful friends in the gun lobby over the police officers and the families he promised to protect."

Presidential spokesman Scott McClellan said that was "another false attack from Senator Kerry." Bush believes the best way to curb gun violence is to enforce laws that are on the books, McClellan said, and he added that violent crime was at a 30-year low.

On CBS'"The Early Show," gun control advocate Sarah Brady said that allowing the ban to lapse was "purely political." "The real onus fell on President George W. Bush," she said. "He has exerted absolutely no leadership. We have a president and leadership in the House and Senate that simply do not want to face this."

Posted by: ladd on Sep 13, 04 | 2:06 pm
I happen to recall a campaign ad broadcast on one of the big 3 networkd about 12 years ago from ANOTHER Senator Kerrey (not the different spelling) -- Senator Bob Kerrey of Nebraska. In that ad, he was in obvious sportman outfit holding an ordinary hunting rifle and he said "This, you DO need to hunt". Then he picks up a military-style assault rifle and says "This, you DON'T need to hunt". Simple, but effective
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Shut-up you frenchy-poofagnasties

Does that count ^  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top