Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 4:07:13 AM EDT
news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=18309

Pilot stable after US jet crashes
20:49 AEST Tue Sep 14 2004

A United States Marine Corps pilot escaped death on Tuesday when he ejected from his F/A-18 fighter jet moments before it crashed in the Northern Territory outback.

The US Marines pilot was on Tuesday night in a stable condition at Tindal Royal Australian Air Force base after he was rescued by a military helicopter late on Tuesday afternoon.

He was found about 16km from the base, about 320km south-east of Darwin, the Australian Defence Force said.

The pilot was the only person on board, and it was believed he ejected from the hornet before the accident.

He is believed to be one of about 300 US servicemen currently deployed to the NT base to take part in the joint US-Australian military training exercise Southern Frontier.

"The US pilot was rescued by a search and rescue helicopter from the RAAF base," the spokesman said.

Remember the thing about the US F/A18 that went off the end of the runway a while ago?  Your F/A 18s might not like the dust, or Aus is just bad juju for F/A18s....unless you have accidents all the time...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:12:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Australia is quite obviously

A TRAP!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:13:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Happens all the time.
Last year we had 4 F-16s crash in seperate incident here in Arizona.
Mechanical failure, plus pilot error takes it's toll.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:26:51 AM EDT
[#3]

and it was believed he ejected from the hornet before the accident.

Ya think?....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:33:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, the media cant tell if he ejected or not?  Hint: Did he auger in, or did he come fluttering down under a big parachute?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:36:27 AM EDT
[#5]

A United States Marine Corps pilot escaped death on Tuesday when he ejected from his F/A-18 fighter jet moments before it crashed in the Northern Territory outback.

But it says this at the top.
I guess the media is the same everywhere...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:51:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:55:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
or Aus is just bad juju for F/A18s

Juju can't be that bad, because even you Aussies fly the F-18, Mate!

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=22429&iGalleryUnq=557&iImageUnq=29843

Aussie F-18
photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=22429&iGalleryUnq=557&iImageUnq=29844

I mean US F/A18's .  We have 120?  Hornets total or so....I forget the proper number but its pretty small.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Probably had to many VB's!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I suspect that the Aussies are great hosts.  

Oz and Texas ought to merge.  That way we can turn Oz into a bastion of conservatism.  We could share all the best things we have with each other.

I am under the impression that the Aussies are oppressed by their English-style government.  They would be so much happier as a conservative representative republic.

So that's my offer.  I am willing to open negotiations.  Embassy is at the Down Under Pub & Grill, Tyler, Texas.  Guiness is on draught.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#10]
When I lived in St. Louis I worked right by (then) McDonnell-Douglas and the Aussie AF had a bunch of pilots there training on simulators. Sometimes they'd end up at the same bars we did.

Whoa! Those guys were a ton of fun and laughs.

And I admire their ability to pound down the beers and report for duty the next day. Weak-assed American beer or not, these guys were getting LOADED everytime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top