Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2004 1:03:35 AM EDT
Hello,

What do you guys think? When the next AWB is pushed into a law it's unlikely to have a grandfather clause. This -of course- is just my prediction. I think the democraps learnt their lesson and when the next opportuinty arrives they are likely to push a new wider, more restrictive AW ban..which probably doesn't have a sunset nor a grandfather clause. Hell, if it's up to them they will probably ban all SEMI auto weapons regardless of make or model. I sure as hell don't wanna see that day coming but I'm affraid it on it's way...and it might be sooner than any of us think.

I don't wanna bring you guys down with my stormy forecast but I think everyone's better off prepared for the worst case scenario. The key in preventing all this is to remain vigilant and continue the fight against the gun-grabbin' democraps.

Regards,
Petri
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:06:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]
so what are they going to tell us turn them in, no there would have to be a grandfather clause.  If they had a grandfather clause for the Machine Gun ban why wouldnt they have one for another AWB
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:09:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Politically, it`s suicide right now. The typical gun banners are mouthing off because they don`t have any serious challenges in their reelection campaigns. Tom Dasshole has been silent on the national stage because he`s fighting for his political life in a close election. He starts pushing gun control in North Dakota and he`s dead.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
so what are they going to tell us turn them in, no there would have to be a grandfather clause.  If they had a grandfather clause for the Machine Gun ban why wouldnt they have one for another AWB

Remember who is running against Bush, I would not put it past Kerry to think he could tell us to turn them in if he wins. Stupid move, but then again he is a stupid person!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:12:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I think you're right. What I'm truly affraid of is that people actually buy tons of stuff because no-one can say what the future will bring...and then the new AW ban gets pushed into a law and Sen. Feinswine gets her way

"Mr. and Mrs. America, TURN THEM ALL IN!!!"

Think about that....truly scary. Some people probably have tens of thousands of dollars "invested" in their gear.

Should anything like that happen it would call a new civil war to restore the rights of American people .
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#6]
You might have already guessed but I'm not turning in shit and neither are millions of Americans who own so-called 'assault weapons.'
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:16:21 AM EDT
[#7]
A larger ban would get alot more people against it, targeting evil stuff worked for them, going at all semiautos would affect alot more people.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:18:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:21:01 AM EDT
[#9]
You have to understand, Mr. Finn, the Democrats lost control of the Senate and House, something they had held steadily since the 1950's, the election two months after after the assault weapons ban was passed.

The media has either ignored or forgotten that, but I assure you the congressmen and senators in office today haven't.  Add to the fact the House is thoroughly dominated by Republicans and Bush is going to get re-elected?  There will be no new anti-gun legislation that will even make it to the President's desk, for at least four more years.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:25:17 AM EDT
[#10]
If so, the forces of collection will be greeted with my assault weapon.  Pointed at them, most likely ejecting lead and brass in perpendicular directions.

But, that really isnt what will happen.  In reality, they will declare us all terrorists or domestic enemies,  use the 4473's and find each of us while out of our house, arrest us, and then get a warrant to break into our house and implicate us as domestic terrorists.

Remember kids, when its time to bury the guns, its time to dig them up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:21:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Let's just hope nothing like a new ban will happen in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:24:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If so, the forces of collection will be greeted with my assault weapon.  Pointed at them, most likely ejecting lead and brass in perpendicular directions.

But, that really isnt what will happen.  In reality, they will declare us all terrorists or domestic enemies,  use the 4473's and find each of us while out of our house, arrest us, and then get a warrant to break into our house and implicate us as domestic terrorists.

Remember kids, when its time to bury the guns, its time to dig them up.

Mopar Mike is 100% right. The day guns that were legally owned are are illegal and we are forced to turn them will be the start of the next civil war. What do you thnk the Patriot act is really for? That law has the ability to declare any of us enemy combat/terrorists and when that happens all of our Constitunal rights are null and void. It was not put in just for Arabs.

God forbid that that day really happens but, I see that it is closer then ever to happening if the wrong person gets in office along with a weak Congress. I feel that 90% of gun owners would break and turn in there guns with out even firing a shot . But here in America that 10% would be impossible to control. That 10% could be 1 million people. Look at Northern Ireland ant the havoc they caused for the Brits. It has been noted that at the hight of the IRA conflit that only about 500 fighters were involved. If that is true then 500 fighters keep the entire Brithish Army at bay. Think about what just 10,000 guys would do. If it evey does happen it will not be pretty because at that point we will either lose our life or our rights and when it's down to that point there is no easy way out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:39:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Well as for now there is such thing as a AWB, and if we fight hard, dont give up, and get in there and VOTE in people who are like minded, then I dont see why we have to worry about another AWB.

As others have said, the people in congress and the senet know that it costs alot of thier buddies thier jobs 10 years ago, even klinton admitted it.

The battle will shift, and has shifted form the federal level to the state level, it will be the hottest there.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:46:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You might have already guessed but I'm not turning in shit and neither are millions of Americans who own so-called 'assault weapons.'

+ 1 and probly 1 millon more fee; the same way
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:48:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
... to remain vigilant and continue the fight against the gun-grabbin' democraps...

Regards,
Petri

Would we include the gun-grabbing redumblicans that helped that bill get passed in the Senate last spring or do they get a pass ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:09:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Forgot to add that. There are anti's across the party lines, I know.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:18:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... to remain vigilant and continue the fight against the gun-grabbin' democraps...

Regards,
Petri

Would we include the gun-grabbing redumblicans that helped that bill get passed in the Senate last spring or do they get a pass ?

You wouldn't happen to be refering to our two wonderful senators would you Bill?

Mike
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:23:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Regards,
Petri

You wouldn't happen to be refering to our two wonderful senators would you Bill?

Mike

Yep, they are right in the mix.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:29:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Its our turn to be on the offensive, not the defensive.
The antis were at fourth and goal and they got nowhere, now we're at first and ten.  We need to keep the momentum in our favor, after the election we should start an immediate push for nation-wide CCW recpriocity.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:32:47 AM EDT
[#20]
The next gun ban will more than likely be worded like this:

Any caliber rifle, handgun, shotgun (center fire, rim fire, blackpowder) that is capable of holding more than 6 rounds by any means is banned.

Any rifle in a caliber larger than .30, any handgun in a caliber larger than a .38, any shotgun in a caliber larger than 20 gauge is banned.

Any ammunition whether assembeled or parts of, any reloading equipment, any equiment used in the manufacture of  ammunition whether assembled or parts of rifle calibers above .30 cal, handguns above .38 cal and shotguns above 20 gauge are banned.

There is no grandfather provision.
There is no registration provision.
There is no "buyback" provision.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:47:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Any caliber rifle, handgun, shotgun (center fire, rim fire, blackpowder) that is capable of holding more than 6 rounds by any means is banned.

Any rifle in a caliber larger than .30, any handgun in a caliber larger than a .38, any shotgun in a caliber larger than 20 gauge is banned.

Any ammunition whether assembeled or parts of, any reloading equipment, any equiment used in the manufacture of  ammunition whether assembled or parts of rifle calibers above .30 cal, handguns above .38 cal and shotguns above 20 gauge are banned.

I'm sure there has been a dozen already worded worse than that...but they go nowhere..

The one that sticks though will probably be identical to britain or australia's....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:59:49 AM EDT
[#22]
it will never happen if republican lawmakers rule wisely.  as long as we defend america from it's enemies and "grow" the american economy so all working american's can share the wealth in some small way radical liberalism will wither and die...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:11:06 AM EDT
[#23]
You can bet your bottom dollar that the next time the stupid liberals get some position of power in the US they will try and pass another AWB.  The next time they will go after all semi autos and there will be no sunset clause.  They will lie about it being fully automatic weapons and used in every crime commited in the US.  Tens of millions of stupid Americans will believe the lies thinking they will be somehow "safer".
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:26:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
You can bet your bottom dollar that the next time the stupid liberals get some position of power in the US they will try and pass another AWB.  The next time they will go after all semi autos and there will be no sunset clause.  They will lie about it being fully automatic weapons and used in every crime commited in the US.  Tens of millions of stupid Americans will believe the lies thinking they will be somehow "safer".

And the 2nd American Civil War will begin.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:39:34 AM EDT
[#25]
The  Federal AWB is dead and probably for good.  Sure, there are always going to be lunatics like Finestein and Schumer, Corzine, et al. calling for renewed bans, but the main battlefield has already shifted to the states.  What we're going to see are many more initiatives on the state level.  Ultimately we'll see more Kalifornias, New Jerseys, Massachusetts and Hawaiis.  The cuckoo clocks are already preparing to go on a rampage here in PA.  They probably won't get anywhere here, but they'll spread enough fear and uncertainty among gun owners to fuel panic buying sprees, etc.  And they WILL make progress in some states SOMEWHERE.
The future, as I see it, is a "checkerboard" America where there are "Gun Ban States" and "Gun Rights States".
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:50:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I think it will be a state by state ban. Like dominos one after the other.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:54:56 AM EDT
[#27]

I think the next ban will be weapon specific. As in all ar15's, ak's, sks's or anything else in a rifle caliber with a high capacity potential. The .22's will be alright but they will be nuetered down to 10rd capacity. Handguns would go back to 10rds.
       I can't see a total confiscation in the future. It would be way too dangerous!!! It would also be too expensive for any buyback program either. The only solution would be a grandfather clause and special registration like with the Class 3 machine guns. Anything other kind of ban would cost the politicians there job.

I actually think the government let this ban die on purpose. So they can bring about a new one with more and stricter laws!!!!!!!!!!!  I am planning on stocking up on everything. Mags and fun guns especially. After this coming election is when the politicians will show their true colors. Right now they are trying to keep their jobs.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:58:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:00:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:00:34 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:        I actually think the government let this ban die on purpose. So they can bring about a new one with more and stricter laws!!!!!!!!!!!  I am planning on stocking up on everything. Mags and fun guns especially. After this coming election is when the politicians will show their true colors. Right now they are trying to keep their jobs.

Ding Ding Ding Ding we have a winner !

Ditto on that, the only way to beat them is to buy up every piece of gun related items out there so there is nothing left to ban !!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:01:04 AM EDT
[#31]
I will disreguard any new state level ban in PA.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:07:16 AM EDT
[#33]
I'll be damned, if I spent 20+ years in the Military protecting people's consituitional rights, to have mine stripped after I retire.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:10:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
What do you thnk the Patriot act is really for? That law has the ability to declare any of us enemy combat/terrorists and when that happens all of our Constitunal rights are null and void. It was not put in just for Arabs.

I really don't admire your choice- either a government which enacted the Patriot
Act - with all its wide implications- or one that outright says "ban the AW"...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:11:46 AM EDT
[#35]
More "next ban" BS.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:14:05 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember who is running against Bush, I would not put it past Kerry to think he could tell us to turn them in if he wins. Stupid move, but then again he is a stupid person!

That statement shows a complete lack of understanding of how these things work.  Kerry couldn't just say "Turn them in" and make it happen.  That's a Congressional matter.  And the only way they could confiscate them would be to compensate each and every last one of us for them.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:14:41 AM EDT
[#37]
There is some serious ignorance being displayed here.  Instead of writing letters and making phone calls, I think time would be better spent for a while reading and learning how our Government works.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:21:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Molon Labe.

Nuff said
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:23:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You just got rid of everything but bolt action rifles.  Even hunters won't stand for that if they have to give up their shotguns.

Ok, with that statement you just got rid of every deer gun and most hunting shotguns.  The hunters won't stand for that.

Good luck with that one.  

So,  basically you're saying that the federal government is going to ban every gun capable of hunting medium+ sized game?  I don't think you've really considered what you just said.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:24:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The  Federal AWB is dead and probably for good.  Sure, there are always going to be lunatics like Finestein and Schumer, Corzine, et al. calling for renewed bans, but the main battlefield has already shifted to the states.  What we're going to see are many more initiatives on the state level.  Ultimately we'll see more Kalifornias, New Jerseys, Massachusetts and Hawaiis.  The cuckoo clocks are already preparing to go on a rampage here in PA.  They probably won't get anywhere here, but they'll spread enough fear and uncertainty among gun owners to fuel panic buying sprees, etc.  And they WILL make progress in some states SOMEWHERE.
The future, as I see it, is a "checkerboard" America where there are "Gun Ban States" and "Gun Rights States".

+1.  The states are the battlegrounds now.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:26:16 AM EDT
[#41]
By all means, let all their proposed bans be as broad as possible. That way they will meet the most opposition.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:26:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:28:18 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I would bet the new law would have a grandfather clause however in exchange you will lose face to face sales.  They will say they have found a way to keep weapons out of terrorist hands while protecting law abiding citizens.  They will do away with private sales and require a nics check on all private gun transfers and require them to go through an FFL.

It is my understanding that the authority that requires an FFL for out of state sales is the right of Congress to regulate interstate commerce.  What Constitutional premise would they be able to base an end of face to face sales without a judicial challenge?

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:32:35 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

+1

MOLON LABE!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:35:31 AM EDT
[#45]
man, i dont know why i bother reading this bullshit...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#46]
NRA GOA SAS
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:51:23 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
man, i dont know why i bother reading this bullshit...

for the same reason we read Zombie/SHTF threads
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:58:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I actually think the government let this ban die on purpose. So they can bring about a new one with more and stricter laws!!!!!!!!!!!  

Then you guys need to elect people who WONT pass those laws, don't you???
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:01:04 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

"Mr. and Mrs. America, TURN THEM ALL IN!!!"

Molon Labe.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Good Lord in Heaven, we just got rid of the first one and some of you are already speculating on the next one?

How pessimistic can you be?

It's dead and it won't come back as long as you VOTE!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top