Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2004 9:47:31 PM EDT
Robinson Armament is now taking orders for a folding stock & flash suppressor on the M96 rifle and will be coming out with the new XCR Modular Weapon System in .223,6.8, &.308.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#1]
link.....?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
[iXCRTm MODULAR WEAPON SYSTEM

The XCRTM Modular Weapon System was designed specifically for the U.S. Special Forces.   It consists of an Upper an Lower receiver.  The lower receiver is the serialized part containing the fire-control components.  The upper receiver has an integral rail system and quick change barrel mechanism. The XCRTM is almost completely new.  While the magazine well, trigger, and pistol grip are reminiscent of the AR15/M16 rifle, the components are completely different internally.  

The  XCRTM has a completely new bolt system which is more durable than the Stoner AR15/M16 bolt.   It was specifically made to fire 5.56x45mm (.223) and the New 6.8 Remington Cartridge.  It is available now in both these calibers.  A .308 version will be available later this year.  Pictures of more configurations will be posted on this website in the next few days.  The following is a list of some of the important features of the      .

FEATURES:

The XCRTM is designed to be the finest assault rifle available anywhere.  The XCRTM is a multi-caliber, piston-driven, gas operated rifle with a proprietary bolt which provides unmatched reliability and durability.  

Usually, weight is sacrificed for durability.  However, the XCRTM is both durable and light at just under 7.0 lbs. empty.

The rifle has 1913 spec. rails machined right into the upper receiver at the 3, 6, 9, and 12 O’clock positions.  These rails are machined parallel to the bore for easy mounting of sights, lights, grenade launchers, and other accessories.

The sights (optional) are in the right position for quick target acquisition and can folded against the receiver when not in use.  

Furthermore, the XCRTM has ambidextrous controls which are very intuitive.  The magazine release, bolt hold open, and selector controls can be easily controlled by either hand.  The charging handle is on the left side of the rifle and contains a forward assist mechanism.

Caliber changes only require the replacement of the barrel, bolt, and magazine.  The change can be made in less than 5 minutes with little loss of zero.  Available in 5.56 NATO and 6.8 calibers in barrel lengths of 11.5”, 14.5”,  16.2, 18.5” , and 20”.  The rifle uses standard M16 magazines for .223 and 6.8 magazines for 6.8.

Of course the folding stock (locks in and out) and a flash hider are standard equipment.

The XCRTM is simply the finest assault rifle available today.  It is available in select-fire for military and law enforcement and in semi-auto only for civilian collectors.  To order yours, contact us immediately. More pictures and information to be posted the week of Sept. 14, 2004.

Marketed by Robinson Armament Co.
PO Box 16776, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Tel:  801-355-0402; Email:  [email protected]

Specifications Subject to Change without Notice.

Copyright 2004, Robinson Armament Co., All Rights Reserved

mg]www.robarm.com/xcrtm_modular_weapon_system.htm
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Too late everyone else posted pics
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#6]
sorry about that.   www.robarm.com
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#7]
That would be sweet in .308!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Damnit!!! here is more money Im gonna have to come up with!!what is the price on these?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Just looks like another AR Clone...Anything signifigant about it?

Reading now.  Will edit if anything stands out...

OK A new and more reliable bolt system than the AR-15/M-16  Strange how a "New" gun can be more reliable than decades of use on the AR system.  It would be intersting to know how they arrived at this decision.  Cool looking rifle though...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#10]
i'm not a big fan of the folding stock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#11]
It will be expensive, like their other M96 rifles.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
His website is so full of shit

"m96 the choice of soldiers returning from iraq"
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!

Whats the price?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Is it so hard to welcome a new EVIL BLACK in to the family.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#16]
OOps RIFLE
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#17]
...an' dey also gots a foalin' stock fo deh ebil black commie-guns, too...

www.ak47.com
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Now that VEPR looks a whole lot better.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
i'm not a big fan of the folding stock.

Ah your just pissed you don't have a sig line anymore........
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Actually, I believe a 6.8 will do anything the .308 will.  With a flatter trajectory, less wind deflection at long range, and only slightly reduced energy on target.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#21]
But .308 will be cheaper since it already exists in bulk. The 6.8 is a new caliber and will take awhile for different manufactures to begin making it and the price is reasonable.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I believe a 6.8 will do anything the .308 will.  With a flatter trajectory, less wind deflection at long range, and only slightly reduced energy on target.

........and how much for 6.8 ammo?
Guns are made to be shot without going bk.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
But .308 will be cheaper since it already exists in bulk. The 6.8 is a new caliber and will take awhile for different manufactures to begin making it and the price is reasonable.

The 6.8 is the better cartridge.  What would make the cost come down?  Easy: mass issue to USGI's!  Failing that, more people buying them and the ammo.

That is a damn nice rifle.  I would like to see that compete for a .gov contract instead of HK.  Screw the Euroweenies.  Buy American!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#24]
If you read his (robinsons) posts on the Firing line, he sounds like another TOAD.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#25]

" The 6.8 is the better cartridge. What would make the cost come down? Easy: mass issue to     USGI's! Failing that, more people buying them and the ammo.

That is a damn nice rifle. I would like to see that compete for a .gov contract instead of HK. Screw the Euroweenies. Buy American!"

I agree, but it will take time. The military does not move that fast. Each branch will do it's own thing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Hell Yeah!
Gimme, I want one!
Looks like an HK roller locks gas system?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#27]
That rifle is the worst parts of the AK crammed in to an AR-style package...

Any rifle with a piston (note RIFLE, not belt-fed MG) is a step backward...

And since when has the AR had a problem with bolts breaking, which would merit a new bolt design...

AK bolt + AK gas system + .223 & AR mags/lower...

Just get an AK if you want that... I'll keep the superior AR, though...

PASS...

P.S. Untill a 'new' rifle costs ~$700 and reliably outshoots a $700 AR at 200yds with open sights & the same skilled shooter, it's not 'better', 'improved' or worth the time of day, IMHO...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The 6.8 is the better cartridge.  What would make the cost come down?  Easy: mass issue to USGI's!  Failing that, more people buying them and the ammo.

That is a damn nice rifle.  I would like to see that compete for a .gov contract instead of HK.  Screw the Euroweenies.  Buy American!

This gun is actually one of the few things the XM8 may be better than...

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

And since when has the AR had a problem with bolts breaking, which would merit a new bolt design...

PASS...

P.S. Untill a 'new' rifle costs ~$700 and reliably outshoots a $700 AR at 200yds with open sights & the same skilled shooter, it's not 'better', 'improved' or worth the time of day, IMHO...

Whaaaaaa?

The gas system on the AR, though modified and now reliable, still blows gas and particulates directly into the action.  

The gas piston/AK style of action is the most reliable system there is.

The Robinson appears to have the modularity of the AR, PLUS quick change barrels, mated to the superior AK style gas piston action.

It's a step forward, rather than backward, PROVIDED the barrel assembly has no drawbacks that we aren't aware of.  If it is as accurate as an AR, it's GTG IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This gun is actually one of the few things the XM8 may be better than...

Lets hold off judgement until people have them in their hands and get to play with them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PASS...

Whaaaaaa?

The gas system on the AR, though modified and now reliable, still blows gas and particulates directly into the action.  

The Robinson appears to have the modularity of the AR, PLUS quick change barrels, mated to the superior AK style gas piston action.

It's a step forward, rather than backward, PROVIDED the barrel assembly has no drawbacks that we are aware of.

I bought an m96 several years ago. What a piece of shit!!! Crappy welds, wobbly stock and pistol grip.
Ok accuracy, did I mention the quick change barrel will blow off when you shoot? I traded it off for a real colt m4. The vepr" which is only imported by this Toad actalike" is next on my buy list.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PASS...

Whaaaaaa?

It's a step forward, rather than backward, PROVIDED the barrel assembly has no drawbacks that we are aware of.

I bought an m96 several years ago. What a piece of shit!!! Crappy welds, wobbly stock and pistol grip.
Ok accuracy, did I mention the quick change barrel will blow off when you shoot? I traded it off for a real colt m4. The vepr" which is only imported by this Toad actalike" is next on my buy list.

That sheds a little different light on things.  I had heard about that, but had also heard that they fixed the issue.  Is that true?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PASS...

Whaaaaaa?

That sheds a little different light on things.  I had heard about that, but had also heard that they fixed the issue.  Is that true?

I never kept up with it after that. Also they upgraded the gas system and trigger I believe because the original was faulty, that asspipe charged for the upgrade. He should have refitted at his cost since it was a design flaw.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PASS...

Whaaaaaa?

I have a M96 recon carbine and it shoots just fine. It's not as accurate as a AR-15 but I have never had a malfunction of any kind. It does need a bolt catch and a brass deflector though.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The vepr" which is only imported by this Toad actalike" is next on my buy list.

Not exactly sure what a "Toad actalike" is...

...but anyway, VEPR rifles are also imported by EAA.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#36]
How much for the AK stock???????
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PASS...

Whaaaaaa?

Is the Vepr built very well?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The vepr" which is only imported by this Toad actalike" is next on my buy list.

Not exactly sure what a "Toad actalike" is...

...but anyway, VEPR rifles are also imported by EAA.

You know Toad over at speeshul weepons
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If you read his (robinsons) posts on the Firing line, he sounds like another TOAD.

S.O.

I know Alex and I have never made it a secret with him that I totally disagree with his views on the M16...TOTALLY.     HOWEVER:  the folks at RA know how to turn out a damn good rifle.  The M96, still a rather new system, has been slowly evolving into one of the toughest rifle designs ever built.  It does have a couple of remaining hurdles BUT it is a DAMN GOOD GUN....

AND unlike companies such as my dear, sweet Colt or my beloved Smith and Wesson, Robinson Armament makes absolutely NO bones about supporting the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Looks like it takes AR mags too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:59:01 AM EDT
[#41]
I've fired an M96 and loved the way it shot. In time, I'd like to get one of my own. By the time I've got the money, hopefully most/all the bugs will be worked out and the price will come down some.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:37:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Just Got a Email

Subject:Re XCR Rifle Price Please

Rob,

The XCR will be $1,199.99 retail.   If you compare it to an AR15 with a rail system, it's a good deal.  With the quick change barrel system, you'll also be able to shoot the 6.8 which is becoming very popular.

"Robxxxx" <robxxxxxt> wrote:
>
>
>  

---------------------------------

Looks Like My Next Rifle  Time To start selling Un wanted Rifles In My StockPile
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:01:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Don't need to buy the XCR just to get an M96 with a folding stock...

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:14:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...an' dey also gots a foalin' stock fo deh ebil black commie-guns, too...

www.ak47.com/VEPR%20K%207.62x39%20FS.jpg
www.ak47.com

+1 Agreed!  That looks like a MUCH better rifle now...  

Thats what I have been waiting for.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

S.O.

I know Alex and I have never made it a secret with him that I totally disagree with his views on the M16...TOTALLY.     HOWEVER:  the folks at RA know how to turn out a damn good rifle.  The M96, still a rather new system, has been slowly evolving into one of the toughest rifle designs ever built.  It does have a couple of remaining hurdles BUT it is a DAMN GOOD GUN....

AND unlike companies such as my dear, sweet Colt or my beloved Smith and Wesson, Robinson Armament makes absolutely NO bones about supporting the Second Amendment.

Amen brother!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Don't need to buy the XCR just to get an M96 with a folding stock...

www.supercharger.net/private/m96fold3.jpg

Don't it look all evil & black.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#48]
That rifle, in 6.8 IS the future of US military arms.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't see how you can compare this guy to Toad... from what people have posted who actually have these guns (M96 for example) they did have flaws at first but they were worked out.  Was anybody screwed out of money and no product? Was a working version "coming soon" for years?  Is RA claiming to buy HK or Bushmaster or Colt?  Has anybody been threatened with legal action when they said their barrel was launched?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top