Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 9:14:02 PM EDT
I was thinking about how this may just be a momentary lapse in between AWBs. We won't have a Repub in the White House forever and sooner or later the Dems will get congress back and I'm affraid that when this happens it will be the end of our happiness and our rights for good.

The next ban will be 10 times worse than what we had and there won't be any sunset clause the next go around. So I guess enjoy it while it lasts and get'um while the gettings good.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#1]
FATALIST!  CURSE YOU, SIR!!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I had this thought as well.

Fight the good fight, and do your duty and get out there and vote.

Call your reps and such when things like this pop up!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The original AWB only passed by one vote, only because they agreed to drop some of the more hideous provisions and include a sunset clause – and that was back when the Dems controlled both the White House and Congress.

I think we've turned the corner, at least at the federal level. From now on, the only significant skirmishes in this war will be fought on the state level.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The anti's will continue to fight, and so will we.  Don't be so damn negative.  We are winning. We have them on the ropes.  Like the "war on drugs" And the "war on terror" This is a fight that will never be over. But that is still no reason to be defeatest.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#6]
DON'T GIVE UP...Have faith in GWB and vote.  The vocal minority has you going....ignore it!
The silent majority hardly speaks, but believe that come election time, they will stand up. You are thinking in pessimistic terms...Lose that mentality and get up and fight for what you believe in!   You may think that the Democrats are winning-thats because the media wants you to think and breathe that. Look beyond and read the real polls and try to find out whats really REAL.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
It's the state level crap that's got me worried.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#8]
if it does get renewed it wont be for a while and we would have stockpiled millions of high cap mags and Lower recievers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:15:14 AM EDT
[#9]
our happiness will be short lived. pro 2nds on our side in the right places are retiring & what not. our way of life and it getting phased out is just a matter of time.

while i took a slight breather on this huge topic thats been front & center since the constant "what ifs"  to its (AWB's) demise. while a great victory, the fight has just begun. i'm not getting complacent. its only gonna get worse.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think that if they don't replace it by the end of the year, it won't be back.

and i doubt it wil happen. They couldnt even pass a extension.
Still we need to keep the pressure up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top