Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 8:23:45 PM EDT
Just when you thought you could take a breather from writing your elected reps., here I am again to poke at you with a stick & badger you into sending off a few more faxes, letters, and E-mails!  

See, as important as it was to twist the arms of the politicians & the NRA BEFORE the ban's expiration, it is equally as important to thank and reward them AFTER the ban is dead. They responded favorably to our needs & concerns, and now it is time to give them their due!

Why bother you may ask? Well... not only is it a polite & classy thing to do, but it also shows the powers that be that there is an up side to taking our future correspondence seriously. As sweet as this victory is, rest assured that there will be other gun control battles to fight. We want to cement a positive impression of gun owners into the minds & memories of the people & organizations that can help us in the future.

To this end, it is time to reward a bunch of fine folks with some positive, optimistic, & forward looking "thank you" letters, and if your budget will allow, to send out some $$$ to drive the point home that we don't just complain... we compensate!!!

As always, I'll start the ball rolling by posting some sample letters to Republican lawmakers, the Republican National Committee, and the NRA. Feel free to use them as you see fit...

Dear Senator / Congressman / President,  

I am writing this note to thank you for allowing the so-called “Assault Weapons” ban of 1994 to expire without renewal or replacement. It is a fine day for liberty when such a restrictive and unconstitutional “law” is allowed to wither on the vine, & die the proverbial death it so richly deserves. America’s law abiding gun owners have regained a large measure of freedom through your actions, and your foresight & wisdom will be fondly remembered, especially on Election Day.

I am also writing to inform you that because your actions have allowed the “Assault Weapons” ban to expire, I am going to send a cash donation to the general election fund of the Republican National Committee. It is my sincerest hope that my contribution helps in the election of as many fine Republican candidates as possible.

Thank you once again for responding to the concerns of America’s freedom loving gun owners. May the expiration of the failed social experiment known as the “Assault Weapons” ban herald in an era of renewed respect for our God given, and constitutionally acknowledged right to bear arms.

Best regards,

NYPatriot

Mr. Ed Gillespie
Republican National Committee Chairman
310 First St. SE
Washington, DC 20003

Dear Chairman Gillespie,

I am writing this note to thank the Republican Party for allowing the so-called “Assault Weapons” ban of 1994 to expire without renewal or replacement. It is a fine day for liberty when such a restrictive and unconstitutional “law” is allowed to wither on the vine, & die the proverbial death it so richly deserves. America’s law abiding gun owners have regained a large measure of freedom through the actions of the Republican Party.  The foresight & wisdom of Republican lawmakers will be fondly remembered, especially on Election Day.

Included in this correspondence is a cash donation to the general election fund of the Republican National Committee. It is my sincerest hope that my contribution helps in the election of as many fine Republican candidates as possible.

Thank you once again for responding to the concerns of this nation’s freedom loving gun owners. May the expiration of the failed social experiment known as the “Assault Weapons” ban herald in an era of renewed respect for our God given, and constitutionally acknowledged right to bear arms.

Best regards,

NYPatriot

NRA President Kayne B. Robinson
The National Rifle Association
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030

Dear Mr. Robinson,

As we celebrate the expiration of the so called “Assault Weapons” ban, I want to let you know that America’s gun owners realize that the NRA utilized it’s vast resources to defeat all efforts to reauthorize this unconstitutional ban, and for this we are extremely grateful.

I recognize that compromise is a hallmark of the NRA’s negotiating style, but in this case, it was refreshing to see that the NRA deemed compromise neither desirable nor possible.  The “Assault Weapons” ban was clearly an infringement of our God given, and Constitutionally acknowledged right to bear arms, and as such, it needed to be cast upon the ash heap of history. I am glad that the NRA understood this fact, and I am very proud to be a member of this fine organization.  

Thus, included with this correspondence is a cash donation to help ensure that the NRA is up to the challenge of fighting future battles to protect and restore our birthright as free Americans.  Long live the National Rifle Association & may freedom ring!

Best regards,

NYPatriot
NRA Member # XXXXXXXX

As for WHO needs to hear from you, well that's easy...

President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20500
Phone: (202) 456-1111
Fax: (202) 456-2461

Ed Gillespie
Republican National Committee Chairman
310 First St SE
Washington, DC 20003
Fax: (202) 863-8820

Congressman Dennis Hastert
Speaker of the House of Representatives
235 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-2976
Fax:     (202) 225-0697

Congressman Tom DeLay
House Majority Leader
242 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-5951
Fax:     (202) 225-5241

Senator Bill Frist
Senate Majority Leader
461 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-3344
Fax:     (202) 228-1264

Senator Mitch McConnell
Senate Majority Whip
361-A Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-2541
Fax:     (202) 224-2499

Locate & Contact YOUR Pro Gun Representative Here

And...

NRA President Kayne B. Robinson
The National Rifle Association
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Being giddy with excitement is no excuse to be lazy!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#3]
10-4 ..on it!

Would have done it sooner but I was outside netting a bunch of assault rifles....they are just pouring down the street....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Tack?  Just as important as before the Ban lifted. My Momma always use to tell me "Always say Thank You! Or I'll kick your ass!"  Really, she did.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Tack???
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump for ya
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#7]
One last request for a short term tack... please.

C'mon... a few days up top should get everyone up to speed!

NYP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top