Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 7:34:03 PM EDT
it seems that ANY criticism whether justified or not is considered "cop-bashing."  my last topic was a complete factual undertaking yet it was locked.

so just what IS "cop-bashing" here at ar15republicansandcopscandonowrongandlockdownyourtopicifyoudisagree.com?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything that gets a thread locked...
...!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
it seems that ANY criticism whether justified or not is considered "cop-bashing."

I think you pretty much answered your own question.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]
edited just to be safe
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

7.) Posting topics or discussions with the desire to do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally.

I like that one.

In a word "trolling" for hate.

I guess that's three words [sigh]

...and posting the job fatality statistics fall under THAT?.

are you implying that POSTING STATISTICAL FACTS = COP BASHING?

that bs comes up in every cop thread and everyone glides right over it as if it is a given.  it is bs and it needs to be stoped.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#9]
face it we are all grown up responsible men and we dont like authority and people telling us what is best for us.  It is natural to resist and dislike the police.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
 The consensus was that the guy the cop stopped should have been arrested for child endangering.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Non-specific, generalized spouting of bullshit......pouting over a ticket and saying stupid shit about cops and wishing they would all die is usually gonna get you locked.  Using disrespectful slurs and such usually gets it done too....

We have quite a few cops on this board.  Most of them are good guys.  Some are pricks.  Pretty much like any other group dynamic.

If you have SPECIFIC discussion material you can hammer on cops or whoever all day long as long as you remain within the rest of the CoC.

i dont know about that.

my topic was well within YOUR discription, but was locked anyway.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 The consensus was that the guy the cop stopped should have been arrested for child endangering.

thats what I was about to post

the classic
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

7.) Posting topics or discussions with the desire to do the site or community harm. More specifically creating topics meant to disrupt the site's day to day management, disrupt member's resources, or disrupt the ability for the site to function normally.

I like that one.

In a word "trolling" for hate.

I guess that's three words [sigh]

...and posting the job fatality statistics fall under THAT?.

are you implying that POSTING STATISTICAL FACTS = COP BASHING?

that bs comes up in every cop thread and everyone glides right over it as if it is a given.  it is bs and it needs to be stoped.

Well, to be honest, it is a tribute to the skill of most police officers out there that more aren't killed in the line of duty.   So to use bare statistics to say that their job isn't dangerous is a bit unfair, yes?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it seems that ANY criticism whether justified or not is considered "cop-bashing."  my last topic was a complete factual undertaking yet it was locked.

so just what IS "cop-bashing" here at ar15republicansandcopscandonowrongandlockdownyourtopicifyoudisagree.com?

Gee, a quick search reveals in the last 30 days you have not participated in ONE discussion on this board about guns.

so what if i havent been in any firearms discussion for 30 WHOLE DAYS.   that only means that i have a fulfilling life away from my computer, and judging by your post count over time i find that your life is here.

I'll count the days until we see something funny happen with your account

...and ill bet you'll be the one to do it too.  thats just the type of thing that makes you feel like a powerful stud, huh?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#16]
What is with all the whining manginas as of late? Dude clean the sand out of your pussy and move on
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Criticism based on an emotional response, without giving the proper attention to law, training, or policy.

It's not your fault though. You don't have the core knowledge to intelligently debate the issue, so you revert to an emotional response.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#20]
cop bashing, you say? no such thing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#21]
If you're gonna argue, you gotta bring skills. If ya don't bring skills, you lose
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Most cop haters are just jealous because they don't have enough dick to hold up a gun belt

....plus how many cop haters have ever seen a shot fired in anger??

My guess they would cry mommy and wet their pants.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Well, to be honest, it is a tribute to the skill of most police officers out there that more aren't killed in the line of duty.   So to use bare statistics to say that their job isn't dangerous is a bit unfair, yes?

i would say no, because you could say the same thing about any career?  

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If you're gonna argue, you gotta bring skills. If ya don't bring skills, you lose

You're damn right.

I don't remember having my stuff locked. I have been called a cop-basher, but I only criticize specific instances or condense thoughts from multiple instances. I don't say cops are dumb, out to get me, pigs, etc.

Specific instances versus broad generalizations. THAT is the difference between discussion and bashing.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#25]
LOCK LOCK LOCK
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most cop haters are just jealous because they don't have enough dick to hold up a gun belt

you're kidding, right? cops have the highest rate of wee dick syndrome of any occupation in the united states. how many cops have fired a shot in anger? all of them because they get pissed that they keep missing, unless it's a dog.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
What is with all the whining manginas as of late? Dude clean the sand out of your pussy and move on

manginas  

Shit I hadn't seen that one yet.  I nearly spewed my drink.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Shit I hadn't seen that one yet.  I nearly spewed my drink.

Do A google search for it and click images and you will spew. (in my best Yoda voice) You Will Spew.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Criticism based on an emotional response, without giving the proper attention to law, training, or policy.

It's not your fault though. You don't have the core knowledge to intelligently debate the issue, so you revert to an emotional response.

if you are refering to me i would say that you have a hard time telling emotion from fact.  i gave the facts the others give the visceral responses.

i would have to say that YOU are the emotional one since you cant refute anything about the facts and resort to simply trying to imply that i am ignorant of the issue.  i assure you i am not.

sorry, wont fly pards.  you have to debate the FACTS -- which you are obviously not prepared to do, because the very stipulations (law, training, and policy) you "presented" can be applied to most all other occupations as well.

you are consantly "looking" for a reason to hold cops above the rest.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're kidding, right? cops have the highest rate of wee dick syndrome of any occupation in the united states. how many cops have fired a shot in anger? all of them because they get pissed that they keep missing, unless it's a dog.

Thats an ingnorant, uninformed statement. My guess either you are either criminally inclined or you have a cop fetish and want to be handcuffed and maced right before the spanking
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
face it we are all grown up responsible men and we dont like authority and people telling us what is best for us.  It is natural to resist and dislike the police.

Where the hell do you get off callin' me  "responsible"   ???  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

No, what it indicates is you're a chickenshit that hides behind troll accounts rather than someone that wants to be part of this site.

seems you are violating the code of conduct pards.  tisk, tisk, tisk  a moderator no less.

are you challenging me?? and if so are YOU prepared to back this statement-up?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, what it indicates is you're a chickenshit that hides behind troll accounts rather than someone that wants to be part of this site.

seems you are violating the code of conduct pards.  tisk, tisk, tisk  a moderator no less.

is this a challenge?? are YOU prepared to back this statement-up?

lumpy is an artist. he would deconstruct you in ways you can't even imagine. have you not seen his news photos for gun nuts? all he needs is motivation and you're the poor sap that's going to give it to him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're damn right.

I don't remember having my stuff locked. I have been called a cop-basher, but I only criticize specific instances or condense thoughts from multiple instances. I don't say cops are dumb, out to get me, pigs, etc.

Specific instances versus broad generalizations. THAT is the difference between discussion and bashing.

*** BINGO ***
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Actually, its stating that you hate cops because you saw some news article that you don't know all the facts that the reporter missed

(1) I have no problems with you or any other cops I've met from this board, some I would be proud to call friends.

(2) "don't know all the facts" really gets to the heart of the matter of why I don't instinctively trust LEOs that I don't know.  Why?  Because they have the man-given authority to put my life in danger (to kill me in the extreme case) if they initiate a situation that could potentially make them believe that I pose a threat to their lives.  That's pretty far down on the cool scale.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Whoa!! Is this guy stirring trouble, or asking a legit question? Before it starts, I'm not choosing sides here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Actually, its stating that you hate cops because you saw some news article that you don't know all the facts that the reporter missed

(1) I have no problems with you or any other cops I've met from this board, some I would be proud to call friends.

(2) "don't know all the facts" really gets to the heart of the matter of why I don't instinctively trust LEOs that I don't know.  Why?  Because they have the man-given authority to put my life in danger (to kill me in the extreme case) if they initiate a situation that could potentially make them believe that I pose a threat to their lives.  That's pretty far down on the cool scale.

Bingo. Our problem with cops is that when they come into our lives we are no longer in control of our lives. That really sucks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Daring to confront the blue wall will get you labeled cop-basher. It will not neccesarily get your account locked or even a warning.
As a "cop-basher" on this site I will say there are some good cops here, some of them I have the greatest respect for. There are also some JBT's that would look great in a brown uniform, particularly the shirt.
One thing I have learned from this place is to avoid the po-po at almost any cost, too much chance of getting one of from "the dark side". Too bad, I really would like to meet a few of the good ones.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#39]
I can't stand the us vs. them mentality some folks have , I've been an LEO for many years and still consider myself a citizen FIRST , you will not find a more pro-gun LEO than I am.

I have so much respect for the collective knowledge of firearms I find on this board most of which comes from civilians. I tell people who are interested in firearms to check this site out for a real education.

I think part of the reason some folks hate on LEO's is because of a minority of power hungry , abusive individuals who give us a black eye, and the very real lack of understanding of what our jobs are REALLY like. Not the stuff you may hear about or see on tv. Most of really care and take pride in our jobs , no one I know comes to work with the intent on hurting someone or violatings rights etc...

I retire in 2 years and one of the things I like to tell my co-workers is how much fun its going to be to be a civilian again. I welcome it.

Peace  

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit-I'm a LEO and I don't instinctively trust LEO's that I don't know !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top