Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 6:44:25 PM EDT
This isn't exactly a BOTD thread, but I thought it was pretty cool that Iraqi WOMEN are serving. Sure as hell haven't heard about this from the liberal media. Just think, these are women who used to be very oppressed...............................................................

Vian, a recent graduate of Iraqi Army basic training in Amman, Jordan, holds rank insignia of captain she received on June 18, 2004. The training lasted 10 weeks.  U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt Ashley Brokop

Recruits from the second training course for female Iraqi Army trainees receive their scored military administration test, aimed at challenging them on their knowledge of military rank, customs and structure, June 23, 2004 at the Jordanian Royal Military Academy, Jordan. U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt Ashley Brokop

As a part of training, recruits from the second class of female Iraqi Army soldiers practice drill and marching on June 23, 2004, at the Jordanian Royal Military Academy, Jordan.  U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt Ashley Brokop

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno... one on the right in that first pic is kinda nice  

Good to see some hope for the decent people over there, great post !

JB
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent!

Now I wanna see 'em WASTE some TANGOS!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

JB

That's what I was thinking.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you guys realize that in the arab world she could be STONED to death for what you said and that you could be killed for saying it and it would NOT be murder.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I'll say it! Arab culture is TOO conservative. They need to loosen up a bit. Wow, never thought I'd say that.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do you guys realize that in the arab world she could be STONED to death for what you said and that you could be killed for saying it and it would NOT be murder.

Yep, I realize it.....  And I'm not an arab, nor do I live in an arab state.

So ??

I say more power TO her for  standing up to thousands of years of oppressive bullshit and trying to make a difference  !!!

Lot more than I can say for many of the 'MEN' over there in that ass-backwards part of the world ...

...... And she's kinda hot too, can't beat that combo
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JB

That's what I was thinking.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top