Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 5:51:08 PM EDT
kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1944&tid=39385409&sid=&style=2

I was surfing my local sports message board's political discussion forum and found at least a couple of people who really understand what the AWB was really all about, how effective it was and why we have a 2nd Amendment. While some of the people there are very misinformed, at least some are smart.

BTW, I am one of the 'smart ones' but don't tell anyone! LOL. Tell me how well I did in presenting our message to the ignorant masses. I am the creator of the post in question. Please excuse a few typos I made. I'll attempt to go back and correct them as time permits.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Good Job.

That little young turd wants all guns banned. Asshat!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have something for MacCard:

Asshole! [whinybitchvoice] "I don't need them so YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU don't need them either"[/whinybitchvoice]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Great job!  One comment--never forget the fact that the phrase "the people" means 'the individual' when used in the Bill of Rights.  The phrase appears in the first, second, fourth, ninth, and tenth amendments.  The Supreme Court, in 1996, ruled that "the people,' as used in those amendments, meant the individual, while the phrase "the state" meant exactly that.

In other words, the Supremes have ruled against those folks who insist the 2d applies only to the National Guard.

Also, keep hammering the point that we aren't saying everyone should have one, and you respect their right to NOT own a gun; but they also need to respect YOUR right.  Otherwise, they're just being hypocritical.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks folks, I appreciate the responses. It seems most of the people against guns in this state are around Louisville (which doesn't surprise me). That's probably why the Cardinal fan is in support of the AWB. But what more could you expect of someone who would willingly attend UofL!

BTW, that is only a little ribbing from a diehard UK fan. We are big rivals and pester each other pretty often. Hehe.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Great job but I think some sheeple are just hopeless.  Don't loose to much sleep over them...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Great job but I think some sheeple are just hopeless.  Don't loose to much sleep over them...

You are correct sir. There hasn't been one rational thought presented by the antis on that site yet (not that I've ever seen a rational argument for it ever). I think some people just lack the intelligence to figure out things like this. You give em facts and they accuse you of being condescending! You present them facts and they choose to not even argue because they can't! I guess they just take pride in being stupid. But if I can help one other person see the light, I will continue the battle. Now I await the next dumb statement so I can counter it with more reality.

I guess the work of a patriot never ends. LOL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top