Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 4:42:16 PM EDT
Forgive me if this was already posted here. Just heard it on the radio on the way home from work.

Montgomery county politician introduces another bill to ban "assault weapons" in PA.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Molon Labe
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard it also on KYW 1060 Radio, our governer Rendell is in Narberth Pa for a assault weapons vigil, I'm sure it will be on the local news tomorrow. The area is mostly soccer mom liberals, "white socks and perfect world"
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
What can we do to stop this? Who should we call?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought Dan Frankel already introduced a bill in PA to ban certain guns?

Didn't it flop?

CRC
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
FUCK.... SHIT...  FUCK... MOTHAH-FUCKAH
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Uh oh!

You PA guys better fight to the death or move, just like all the CA guys!

I wonder how many more state bans will be passed before all of you "I'm glad I don't live in ___" will get it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#7]
There are plenty of other good reasons to leave PA

California is not on the list of places I would consider moving to (along with NY, Mass and a few others)

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#8]
MOLON  LABE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy crap!

You folks better slam this thing down. I've been thinking about moving to PA when I graduate! Also, my parents might be headed to PA from DE in several years too!

Geez...what is up with state legislature?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#10]
OK - Calm Down for a minute
Look up your State Rep and Senator and get on the phone/email/snail mail.
Plus let your friends and neighbors know whats going on.
Always said that Rendell (ASSPHATT) would take the state down the same way tht he took Philly down.
Otherwise -  Molon Labe!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:39:23 AM EDT
[#11]
The sky is falling... the sky is falling...

State AWBs have been proposed EVERY session for the past half-dozen years. Not ONE has ever made it out of committee in either House. Write and call your reps and senators, and this one will suffer the same fate. I've already contacted mine and will continue to do so.

This also points to how important it is to keep the legislature in Republican hands. With Dems in charge of the committees (which would mean mainly  Philly and Pittsburgh liberals), it's a whole other story.

We can kill this one with a little effort. The bill was referred to th3e Senate judiciary Committee the end of August. Call and write the members f this committee to let them know where you stand. Senate Judiciary Members
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:44:44 AM EDT
[#12]
As others said, contact your state reps in your legislature and let them know how you feel.  When I do that here about flaky anti-gun stuff brought up by mainly Memphis based Democrats, I get candid comments from my reps to the effect that "don't worry about it, this will never go over".  So far they have always been right.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#13]
This shit is not a case of "the sky is falling...", this is a case where the states are now going to shove gun control down your throats.

FIGHT IT AT ALL LEVELS!!

Before all of the bru-ha-ha over the sunset of the AWB a state bill like this would have been burried, HOWEVER, now that the spotlight is on gun control AGAIN the shit is being pushed out of the assholes of the gun banners and it's getting attention.

FIGHT IT!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I just wrote Sen . John Rafferty. He is a good man.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Letter sent to Joe Conti. He's Chair of the Judiciary Committee and my State Senator. We'll see if I get a response.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Forgive me if this was already posted here. Just heard it on the radio on the way home from work.

Montgomery county politician introduces another bill to ban "assault weapons" in PA.

The idiots here in AZ are trying the same thing.

Little chance it will pass, but I am starting to write letters to my reps just in case.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:31:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Who in Montgomery County sponsored this rubish?  They need to go!

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:35:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone have the text of the bill? Just out of curiousity.

I want to compare it to the abomination that they are trying to pass in Michigan.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Lots of details in this thread:

PA Hometown AWB Thread

Including who sponsored the bill and links to the text of the bill.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:22:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Lots of details in this thread:

PA Hometown AWB Thread

Including who sponsored the bill and links to the text of the bill.

Done!
Email sent to Dominic Pileggi.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Letter sent to Joe Conti. He's Chair of the Judiciary Committee and my State Senator. We'll see if I get a response.

Conti is Chair of Law and Justice Subcommittee. Stewart Greenleaf is Chair of the Judiciary Committee, where is bill is currently sitting (and DOA).

Full Text here: SB 1216 Note the whopping 3 co-sponsors.

We need to keep this bill in our sights, but please, there is no need to panic. Gun control bills are about as popular in this state as a fart in church. Especially when the bill contains the word REGISTRATION (which this one does). That scares even the duck and deer crowd (of which I am a proud member).
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#22]
using the bill history link, you shoudl be able to keep track of it here:

www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/BI/ALL/2003//0//SB1216.HTM
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Conti is Chair of Law and Justice Subcommittee. Stewart Greenleaf is Chair of the Judiciary Committee, where is bill is currently sitting (and DOA).

Full Text here: SB 1216 Note the whopping 3 co-sponsors.

We need to keep this bill in our sights, but please, there is no need to panic. Gun control bills are about as popular in this state as a fart in church. Especially when the bill contains the word REGISTRATION (which this one does). That scares even the duck and deer crowd (of which I am a proud member).

Very similar to the bill being proposed in Michigan, except that you would not have to submit to storage inspections conducted by the state police. We would.

Fight hard guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top