Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 4:03:11 PM EDT
Some Iraqi resistance group say they have kidnapped 2 Australians and will execute them unless we pull out our troops within 24 hours.

Thing is, all our people are accounted for.  All 88 Aussies in residence in Baghdad are all fine and good.  The men taken werent soldiers, but supposedly security contractors.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Here's hoping - whoever it is - will be okay!   Fingers crossed  

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard it was two women...unless it's a different grab I'm thinking of?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Heard it was two women...unless it's a different grab I'm thinking of?

I think you are thinking of the two Italien aid workers kidnapped last week
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Apparently 20 Australians are unregistered and live in Baghdad.  Could be one of them

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I just read somewhere online tonite (sorry, can't remember where) the Aussies saying that all of their folks have been accounted for.  Sure hope that's right...

edited to add - guess i should read all the replies before posting.  hope that threat is just bullshit, fuckin' barbarians.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#6]
They can be saved if the "religion of peace" would stand up and call for them to be released unharmed under the islamic law of protection. Do you think the muslim community will stand up and save these men? Nope, their bodies will soon be removed from their heads and the silence will continue.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They can be saved if the "religion of peace" would stand up and call for them to be released unharmed under the islamic law of protection. Do you think the muslim community will stand up and save these men? Nope, their bodies will soon be removed from their heads and the silence will continue.

Im willing to bet the Australian muslim community will.  Im willing to bet that the peaceniks are going to go OMGOMGOMGOMG PULL TROOPS OUT NOW OMGOMGOMG
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top