Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 2:45:12 PM EDT

Sep 13, 5:01 PM EDT

Worker Allegedly Spits in Officer's Drink

LUFKIN, Texas (AP) -- Two young men face felony charges after one of them allegedly spat in a drink he was serving to an East Texas police officer.

Brian Strban, 19, and Nathaniel Allen Baker, 22, were workers at a Lufkin Sonic Drive-In where the incident allegedly happened Sept. 3, according to a police affidavit.

Both were arrested last week and charged with second-degree felony tampering with a consumer product. If convicted, both could be sentenced to 20 years in prison and fined up to $10,000, The Lufkin Daily News reported in its online editions Monday.

In a statement, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma City-based Sonic hamburger chain said both workers were fired.

According to the affidavit, the officer ordered a soft drink, but when he received the beverage he noticed several workers inside the kitchen laughing. The police officer, who was not identified, opened the drink and noticed what appeared to be phlegm floating on the surface.

The affidavit says lab tests confirmed his suspicions. It alleged that Strban planned the prank after recognizing the officer as one who had interrupted him and his girlfriend having a romantic interlude at a local parking spot. According to the affidavit, Strban has acknowledged encouraging Baker to spit in the drink.

Police say both suspects have given DNA samples, but no test results have been disclosed.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
20 years in prison seems a bit harsh.  They should not destroy these two kids lives because one of them hawked in the cops soda.

The punishment should fit the crime. Maybe they deserve an atomic wedgie or something.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Like all basic necessities of life such as food, self protection, freedom.....DFWI!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

..........The punishment should fit the crime. Maybe they deserve an atomic wedgie or something.

How bout a free trip to the hospital.......let their remaining buddies pick up their teeth in the parking lot after work!!!

Infecting someone with a biohazard is not a minor offense. It's the same as if they would have tried to infect him with tainted blood or urine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#6]
They'll probably just get a few thousand dollar fine when it does go to trial.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I want a LITERACOLA.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I was in Lufkin when the first report was published in the newspaper there.  I am happy to see that these two losers are going to pay a price.  Every one of the employees there ought to be fired.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Those 2 are a couple of fucktards if there ever were any. 20 years seems a bit stiff though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Temporary insanity defense. The sight of the cop caused incontrollable fear, and spitting was perceived to be an irrational defensive behavior by the suspect.

Sue the cop for emotional distress, loss of consortium, etc...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Officer Farva...LOL
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I DONT WANT A LARGE FARVA........I WANT A GOD DAMN LITER O' COLA............
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was in Lufkin when the first report was published in the newspaper there.  I am happy to see that these two losers are going to pay a price.  Every one of the employees there ought to be fired.

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#14]
20 years for spitting in someone's drink that puts their life in jeopardy every day to ensure the safety of the community because you were too cheap to get a hotel and got caught fucking your slut girlfriend in your car sounds EXACTLY what they deserve.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
20 years in prison seems a bit harsh.  They should not destroy these two kids lives because one of them hawked in the cops soda.

The punishment should fit the crime. Maybe they deserve an atomic wedgie or something.

Are you one of those "progressive thinking" individuals who believe that the laws in our country proscribe excessive punishment? Perhaps you believe the death penalty should be abolished? In my opinion I think 20 years is just about right for this type of senseless, dangerous behavior, as well as for anyone who is involved in the conspiracy of said act. I'll bet most people who would be at the drinking end of this "prank" would agree. How about you...you wanna big slug of that "slug" or "goober", or "phlemmie" or whatever you think is the cutsie word of the day for it?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate to think of what I've eaten but if I ever caught someone, it woud likely be me catching the charge cause I beat that motherfucker down.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you one of those "progressive thinking" individuals who believe that the laws in our country proscribe excessive punishment? Perhaps you believe the death penalty should be abolished? In my opinion I think 20 years is just about right for this type of senseless, dangerous behavior, as well as for anyone who is involved in the conspiracy of said act. I'll bet most people who would be at the drinking end of this "prank" would agree. How about you...you wanna big slug of that "slug" or "goober", or "phlemmie" or whatever you think is the cutsie word of the day for it?

20 years is more than most rapists and murders get, that's ridiculous. They're a couple of asshates and watching them shit their undies when they find out it's a possible 20 years would be priceless ,but in reality some local jail time (i.e. under a year,like 6 mo) is what these too shitheads deserve.

Too bad we don't have stocks anymore, putting these two in stocks outside the mall in their town with "spits in people's food" signs around their necks for about 8 weekends would accomplish more than jail.

I also happen to believe that 99% of the scum that goes through the criminal justice system DO NOT get what they deserve, let alone come close to getting the possible maximum penalty, usually thanks to "girlie judges". I guess it is because I saw the miscreants get away with most of their crimes, for 25 years as a State Parole/Probation Agent, not too mention what a "dog and pony show" the whole thing usually is.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree, Aimless
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top