Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 1:16:13 PM EDT
Just wondering cause the more I think about it,the more I'm thinking to just screw Colt and get a Rock River(when I can of cource).Anyone have problems with their Rock Rivers?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock River makes a good product. I had one about 3 years ago and it worked great for me. The only reason I sold it was I went in a different direction. I'm not sure what their plans are for making after ban guns...but regardless you can build one to your liking anyways...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Well,I would get one from ADCO and I would get the Entry Tactical.I would just take off that little nubber of a stock and get a sight for it.Plus a number of other things.....So what does yall think,Rock River or Colt?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I built one. Grizzly lower, RRA CAR A-4 upper (HBAR). Shoots like a dream! Just put 240 rounds through it this morning. No problems, absolutely reliable, VERY accurate (I still need to adjust to the AR aperature sights, so groups should get even better), and smooth operating. Range steel out to 300 yards all day with it. The little carbine is a keeper!

EDIT: Not sure about the Entry Tactical. I like my CAR A-4. Maybe get a slightly lighter barrel contour to lighten things up some. I put an ARMS #40 on mine, and had no problems dialing the thing in within the first 15 minutes of range time. Not precisely dialed in, but like I said, it was close enough that I hit a 16" steel diamond at 300 yards for a few hours, about 75% of the time. They're stuff's quality. Go for the RRA. Problem is, you MIGHT have to wait a bit if you don't order soon. Seems most everybody is backordered. I had to get my upper 2nd Day Air'd to me in order for it to get here before today, and I ordered it July 27th!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well,I would get one from ADCO and I would get the Entry Tactical.I would just take off that little nubber of a stock and get a sight for it.Plus a number of other things.....So what does yall think,Rock River or Colt?

Well, I'm partial to Colt...so...but either would work great...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Almost 100% ADCO.
RRA M4gery.
I was very happy with the service from ADCO, as I have been with previous build.
I was happy with RRA quality, when putting together.  Everything fit very well.
I had one problem with an upper that had a hole drilled wrong for gas tube.  I assume it was just one of those things.
ADCO made it more than right.  
It's getting an AIMPOINT next.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top