Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 12:29:42 PM EDT
They're debating this on tonight's show. This could be amusing. Hopefully our side can get the point driven home that we are not talking about machine guns. Every show I've seen on this does not emphasize this enough and the hosts don't seem to get it.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,110858,00.html

Edit: Correction
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Colmes is such an ugly bugger.  It's gonna be especially painful to watch him later tonight.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Colmes is such an ugly bugger.  It's gonna be especially painful to watch him later tonight.

Very true. I call him skeleton boy
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope they dont have the guy from Armalite.  He really did us no good at all on Cavuto.  Maybe hes had time to prepare.  We should have had Jesse from Doublestar on as an evil assault weapon mfg.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Those bastards. They did the old "bait and switch" if you check the link now it reflects the show I just watched. Nothing about the AWB.

Weenies!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Zip, zero, nada. Bait and switch.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
No AWB! WTF? I wanna see how bad Colmes squirms on this one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuckers...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very true. I call him skeleton boy

Heh, I've called him Skeletor for years!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]
They all know the AWB issue is over so they are just dropping the story.  It was beaten like a dead horse all day long and all they got was a lot of pro-gun people complaining, so they decided it wasn't that great of a story.  At least this is what I'm hoping happend.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:41:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They all know the AWB issue is over so they are just dropping the story.  It was beaten like a dead horse all day long and all they got was a lot of pro-gun people complaining, so they decided it wasn't that great of a story.  At least this is what I'm hoping happend.

I agree.  I figure their base (conservatives) let em have it about the misrepresentations they perpitrated.  I for one was disappointed, but not at all surprized.  All of themainstream media is liberal, including FOX.  Rupert justrealized that too many people could be had by acting conservative.  ie...Geraldo (aka Jerry King)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Colmes looks like a Anaconda
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

On Monday when AP/Yahoo released the headline, I had an email off to the author Chuck Oxley within 20 minutes.  The original version said stuff like "AK47's and Uzi's will soon be legal".  My letter pointed out the diff between Semi-Auto's and how what he was talking about were machine guns regulated by 70 year old law.   Well, the same story got edited and reposted, with the AK and UZI references softened.... as the day progressed, it softened even more.  I'm guessing more than just I wrote in, and I like to think we played a role in getting the story revised.  I recommend you all do this too... when you see non-factual "agenda" in news stories, call them on it... write the editor and the author.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On Monday when AP/Yahoo released the headline, I had an email off to the author Chuck Oxley within 20 minutes.  The original version said stuff like "AK47's and Uzi's will soon be legal". My letter pointed out the diff between Semi-Auto's and how what he was talking about were machine guns regulated by 70 year old law.   Well, the same story got edited and reposted, with the AK and UZI references softened.... as the day progressed, it softened even more.  I'm guessing more than just I wrote in, and I like to think we played a role in getting the story revised.  I recommend you all do this too... when you see non-factual "agenda" in news stories, call them on it... write the editor and the author.

I did e-mail Hannity prior to the show and did exactly that. Indicated that everyone was incorrectly using the "AK47 / UZI flooding the streets" teaser  and misleading people.  I'm not sure if he actually got it, but perhaps others did the same and it had some effect.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#14]
This story will be gone totally next week...they will be back on Scott Peterson or some other fluff fare...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top