Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 12:06:39 PM EDT
I don't know what they're called, they attach to the handle of the handgun and look like a rifle butt, thus the handgun becomes in effect a short barreled rifle. Does that mean they are regulated like other short barrled rifles and smg?

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends of how they were originally manufactured. If they indeed were cut for a stock ala' the Mauser Broomhandle then there's no problem. If you're trying to fit one onto a H&K USP then ATF may have a problem with it.

AFAIK, the only exemptions to this is the Thompson Contender-style guns.

Which gun are you trying to attach a stock to?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]

A long time ago Sportsman's Guide was selling 16" barrels and shoulder stocks for the 1911, $150 for both.  I am still kicking myself for not buying a set before they sold out.  I have never seen this deal anywhere else.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A long time ago Sportsman's Guide was selling 16" barrels and shoulder stocks for the 1911, $150 for both.  I am still kicking myself for not buying a set before they sold out.  I have never seen this deal anywhere else.

Just by a mechtech conversion for the 1911. Instant carbine
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What has a stock must have a 16" barrel
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What has a stock must have a 16" barrel

EXCEPT the old broom handle Mausers, ATF ruled them non-SBR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top