Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 11:19:37 AM EDT
Whenever you watch cops and theres a sting operation the hooker/drug dealer/whoever asks if the person is a cop.  Why? Do they think cops can't lie?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
One of those urban myths about entrapment.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont know but they always do it. Never fails. I dont see how those undercovers keep a straight face....           Nah...I aint no five O dawg.....I just want a blast.......   LMFAO
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought when seeing the title...

"What'd I do?" - After the fuzz chases them down for 15min

or

"I'm not resisting." - As they struggle, kick and bite
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#5]
To judge their reactions.  I ask people questions that I know the answer to all the time.  Just want to catch them in a lie and let them know

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They think the cop has to tell them the truth.

You'd think after seeing their homeboys all get locked up they would wise up, they are fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I like when they swear they know they're a cop and swear they've been arrested by them before.......and then sell to them anyway or give 'em a quote for various sexual activities.  If you knew, and he denies, but you're pretty sure, why do it?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I thought when seeing the title...

"What'd I do?" - After the fuzz chases them down for 15min

or

"I'm not resisting." - As they struggle, kick and bite

Same here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Something about entrapment defense IIRC...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#10]
just because they are arrested or coted doesnt mean anything about wether or not they are actually convicted.  many times the crap they pull on those shows is nothing more than a textbook definition of entrapment.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw one episode where a guy noticed a camera in the cab of the undercover cop's truck ... the cop told him:  "oh, that's just a infra-red deer detector" , and the guy believed him!!!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I remember seeing one where they tried to pull a guy over for like 10 over, and he ran. Led them on a nice little chase, and when they finally got him, he was yelling "What'd I do?". The cops yelled back "45 in a 35" or something like that, and he's yelling out "No I didn't!". Of course, he's probably committed 20 other crimes while running away. And he probably also hasn't figured out that if the police try to pull you over and you don't think you're doing anything wrong, running won't help anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top