Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 10:41:44 AM EDT
They just said "Fearful predictions being made by John Kerry.  But, local gun store owners explain not much will change.  AK47's and Uzi's are still banned by 1989(see bully-doxzer's post below) legislation." (I know, exec order)  

When I woke up this morning they were saying, "Later tonight, when the AWB sunsets, and Uzi's and AK47's will become readily available for sale again"

That is a huge change in 6 hours.  I have been emailing them all day, with links to ATF site, and other links regarding NFA, 89 Import Ban, etc...  Now they are talking about it in past-tense, since it already expired.  And explaining that not every gun is legal now.

Don't know if I made a difference or not.  Hope so.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, why would the media be interested in the truth when the hype is so much juicer?

sorry to hear about your wasted efforts...better luck next time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you miss my point?
They have been improving their coverage thoughout the day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#3]

I need to start listening to 610
on the internet...I miss BucksLine
with John and George. Is that ass
Munch still on?

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is that ass
Munch still on?

Yes.
But less than before.
He's a Dumbass.
I guess they are starting to realize that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They just said "Fearful predictions being made by John Kerry.  But, local gun store owners explain not much will change.  AK47's and Uzi's are still banned by 1889 legislation." (I know, exec order)  

When I woke up this morning they were saying, "Later tonight, when the AWB sunsets, and Uzi's and AK47's will become readily available for sale again"

That is a huge change in 6 hours.  I have been emailing them all day, with links to ATF site, and other links regarding NFA, 89 Import Ban, etc...  Now they are talking about it in past-tense, since it already expired.  And explaining that not every gun is legal now.

Don't know if I made a difference or not.  Hope so.

WOW!

I didn't know they were that old!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
WOW!

BigDozer66

A simple IM would have fixed that..... You're probably one of those mean, gun-types, aren't you?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Why do I have to be factual about gun laws?
No one else seems to be held to any sort of standard today?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They just said "Fearful predictions being made by John Kerry.  But, local gun store owners explain not much will change.  AK47's and Uzi's are still banned by 1889 legislation." (I know, exec order)  

<snip>

WOW!

What, you've never seen bolt-action
Uzi bullet hoses?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did you miss my point?

Not in Columbus?  I wonder how the news channels will talk about it tonight on the 6 O'clock news.  With as liberal as this city is, nothing will surprise me.  

I'm crossing my fingers for a field report with Andrea Camburn at a local range tearing it up with an AK or AR....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What, you've never seen bolt-action
Uzi bullet hoses?

don't give them any ideas!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you miss my point?

Not in Columbus?  I wonder how the news channels will talk about it tonight on the 6 O'clock news.  With as liberal as this city is, nothing will surprise me.  

I'm crossing my fingers for a field report with Andrea Camburn at a local range tearing it up with an AK or AR....

I was just talking about 610.
I never watch the local news.
I never even thought of them.
Andrea was a hottie 10 years ago.
She is getting awful old now.
Her bias certainly doesn't help.

did you email any of them some FACTS?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I completely forgot about the angry Left channel on my XM.  If ever there was an appropriate use for the word "atwitter" this is it.

Some guy named Ed Schultz says this is more important than terrorism.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]
They really sqeal like a stuck pig over this, don't they?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is that ass
Munch still on?

Yes.
But less than before.
He's a Dumbass.
I guess they are starting to realize that.

Ya gotta luv 'Munch on the Bucks'!

He nothing if not passionate about the Scarlet and Gray.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ya gotta luv 'Munch on the Bucks'!

He nothing if not passionate about the Scarlet and Gray.  

Although he is passionate, he is
still a loudmouth moron. Is he still
bemoaning the hiring of Tress over
Glenn Mason? Munch, call me back
when Mason wins a NC...

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you miss my point?

I was just talking about 610.
I never watch the local news.
I never even thought of them.
Andrea was a hottie 10 years ago.
She is getting awful old now.
Her bias certainly doesn't help.

did you email any of them some FACTS?

Haven't listened to 610 in a long time.  I'm on an older chick kick right now, and Andrea is on the list.  

As far as email, no, haven't had time.  Hurricane Ivan is sucking up all my free time.

Are there any local media outlets that are getting it way wrong?  I'm not looking forward to the Op-eds and letters to the editor in the Dispatch the Other Paper.  I might have to fire out some replies this weekend.  I doubt that they would print an educated and logical response, though.  

From what I've seen everywhere else, they seem to be hanging their hats on the "fact" that over 60% of the U.S. is said to be in favor of the AWB and Police "all across the nation."  

Also, I've yet to hear the word "magazine" be used...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top