Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 10:33:16 AM EDT
Just bought a Mustek $100   3.0 megapixel camera.  It will be fine for what I want to use it for, however, the pictures are huge when loaded onto my computer and when I email them, the pictures are huge.  Any way I can shrink these pics down before emailing them off?  Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Saving them as .jpg, changing the photo dimensions either by changing the option in your camera or with a photo editing software, or changing the quality level on your camera.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#3]
So what you're saying the ability to read would come in handy here??    Dammit.  Just spoils the fun of everything.  Thanks!!

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Run them through the dryer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Move closer to the subjecth.gif

camper
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to paint and open the file. Click "Image" and scroll down to Stretch/Skew. Under Stretch, change the 100% to 50% for both horizontal and vertical. Save file.

Should work

RJ

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So what you're saying the ability to read would come in handy here??    Dammit.  Just spoils the fun of everything.  Thanks!!

vmax84

Yeah, I just checked my digital camera's manual at work and it has a small section on how to scale down the photo memory size.

Keving67
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#8]
1) Right Click the Photo you want resized, Select "Open With" --> "Paint"
2) Select the "Image" menu, then "Stretch and Skew"
3) Change the Horizontal and Verticle Stretch to like 50% or 25% then press "Ok"
4) Select "Save As" from the "File" menu NOT "Save"
5) Save the file as "<youfile>_sm.jpg" where <yourfile> is the photo's name, press "Save"
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Photoshop
Image -> Image size - pretty straightforward from there
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
camper

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh...er...on topic...if the included camera software is not to your taste (some of this included software stuff is crap, others work out nicely). Photoshop does it...and it'll do a whole batch automatically, but that's a bit over the top...very pricey too.  Paintshop Pro is nice, but it's like $100.  MS Paint will do it, but it's clunky.  The Gimp does it for free, but the learning curve is a bit steep.  One of the easiest free software titles is Irfanview. It's doesn't batch like Photoshop, but it's fast, free, and easy (insert joke about the mother of somebody you want to lampoon).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top