Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 10:23:38 AM EDT
The very definition of assault weapon was written by this legislation. I am curious if the portion of the law that redefined semi automatic rifles with certain features was removed. If so, then there is no longer such a thing as an assault rifle beyond the military definition of select-fire. Here's hoping. Planerench out
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#1]
No, you can't mount .50 cal's on planes now.

edit to add: sorry, I didn't read your post, just your title. J/K
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No you can't mount .50 cal's on planes now.

Actually, yes, you can, but only if they take magazines that hold less than 200 rounds.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you serious?

I suspect they would have to be semi-auto.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Under Federal law there is no longer a definition of an "assault weapon." The only place this term existed at the federal level was in the now expired AWB.

There are still some states whose laws define an "assault weapon" in similar, or even identical terms.

BTW, the correct military term is assault rifle. "Assault Weapon" was a made-up term designed to confuse people into thinking the ban had something to do with military arms.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are you serious?

I suspect they would have to be semi-auto.

It's a thread about the AWB. Traditionally, I have been less-than-serious in such threads.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Under Federal law there is no longer a definition of an "assault weapon." The only place this term existed at the federal level was in the now expired AWB.

There are still some states whose laws define an "assault weapon" in similar, or even identical terms.

BTW, the correct military term is assault rifle. "Assault Weapon" was a made-up term designed to confuse people into thinking the ban had something to do with military arms.

You are correct. I misspoke. Edit comming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top