Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 8:29:49 AM EDT
Check this out.

www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/9/13/10046.shtml

Kerry broke Massechussetts gun laws when he accepted and brought home that shotgun he received as a gift.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
dude, that would be so sweet if he was arrested
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Throw him in the slam!

ETA - He's an admitted war criminal, and an illegal arms trafficer, yet he still has a shot at the presidency!

God Bless America!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't you realize he's not like us normal folks?  The rules don't apply to him.  He's special!

BUSH `04

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure he did.  

Will they do anything about it ?  

Nope.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#5]
good God man
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Dupe, Da Dupe de dupe, Do dupe La dupe.

Dupe
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Everybody here knows that if anyone of us did the same thing, we'd have LEO's on us like flies on sh##.  I'm ticked that he's getting a free pass.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dupe, Da Dupe de dupe, Do dupe La dupe.

Dupe

Sorry.  Missed it the first time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#9]
lock him up!! they would anyone else! or is kerry above the law?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Why is the GOP campaign not bringing more of this incident into the lime light?

I would think this would make a pretty good commercial. Flip Flopp'n FrankenHeinz.....what an asshole!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Nothing will happen to the old boy. There are basically 2 types of laws in the USA. One for the elitist type crowd like John Kerry, and one for the little people.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#12]
BTT

Because I love these threads, and really hope the ATF throws him in jail.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Just heard on the news a clip of Kerry saying that he's "never even thought of using a military weapon to go duck hunting" when asked about the AWB sunset.

A CANDIDATE FOR POTUS DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE CONSITUTION IS ABOUT!

Yeah, I know that I'm preaching to the choir on this. But geez... where in the hell did the Founders say they WANTED TO PROTECT HUNTING? I am SO tired of all of these idiots and even the pundits on our side ignoring the fact that the 2nd Ammendment is NOT ABOUT HUNTING RIFLES.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#14]

2. Bringing the firearm back to Massachusetts, if he received it from a private party, would be a federal felony under the 1968 Gun Control Act (five years in prison, $5,000 fine, 18 USC §922).

3. The only exemption that would allow him to bring it into his home state requires that he obtained it in a face-to-face transaction with a federal firearms licensed dealer (FFL). A private gift would not qualify.

4. If Kerry did get it from an FFL, he would have had to personally fill out and sign a 4473 form, required by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), before the gift was given, under penalty of federal felony.

5. If Kerry did not personally undergo a "NICS" instant background check before the transfer from an FFL, he would have put the person conducting the transfer in some legal jeopardy, though the law contains a loophole that probably would save Kerry from additional harm (the dealer, not the recipient, suffers from failure to do the NICS check).

"I didn't received the firearm as a gift, the family received it."

"I filled out a 4473 form, before I did not fill it out."

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I refuse to read any more about this.

Blood pressure and all

Someone update me if he gets arrested/killed.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I dont agree with those laws, but I think they should make an example of him. Maybe then people would realize how stupid some of the gun regulations are and we could get some changes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#17]

The national clamor over the Democratic presidential candidate, who took possession of a Browning semiautomatic shotgun outside his home state, reflects a problem with the laws and should not be used to arrest and prosecute the man, Korwin says.

I guess if I go convert my AR to full auto and get arrested, I should just say that this "reflects a problem with the laws".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top