Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 7:24:55 AM EDT
The battle in the federal governement is temporarily over.  The fighting will now start in the state legislatures.  Michigan has already have some laws being discussed.  CA, NJ etc have already fallen. So enjoy it now but get ready to fight again.

If you havent join the NRA, do so.  Write and call your congressmen.  I voted for several Dems last election because they supported us.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#1]
There is not going to be a major movement at the state level.  Because most states ALREADY have shot down AWB like efforts in flames.  There are only a few marginal states.  

The anti-gun lobby has no power outside a few large urban areas that are also heavily democratic.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#2]
ARDOC, our fight has just begun.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I really dont think these anti will roll over and die.  They WILL continue to attack our rights at different levels.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]
It's getting warmed up in Oregon.  We have at least one very active anti-gun State Senator who has already promised legislation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:00:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree. But I don't think our fight at the Federal level is anywhere near being over. It would not surprise me to see a new piece of legislation introduced in Congress before the week ends. I would not expect it to pass this soon, but if a few more liberal congress critters get into office, the tide could change.

I also agree that they may concentrate on making more state oriented hits on gun owners. I feel good about my area because even the dems are pro-gun. But we can't let our guard down anywhere. Instead of relaxing, we need to pick up the pace even more. You can bet the dems haven't given up yet, so neither can we.

-CH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top