Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 7:01:20 AM EDT
I called their media department to ask if they have any statement and to let them know their countdown clock is wrong.  

They are aware that the countdown clock on their site is wrong and are working to correct it.  

They may release a formal statement this AM.  Apparently they thought they had until tomorrow AM so had not finalized one.

I find this amazing.  They are so scared that the AW's will flood the street and will mean the end of the world, but they don't know or care enough to be accurate about this "critical" issue.    It really shows their true colors.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#1]
AMEN!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I called & they couldn't tell me jack shit. I finally faxed them repeatedly about how much of a bullshitter they were/are over the AW Ban, CCL passage, etc. I don't expect an answer.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]

You guys are leaving out the important part:

THEIR NUMBER. CALL THEM! 202-898-0792
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone called today & asked them why there's no carnage in our streets?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#5]
When you called, could you hear wailing and sobs of grief in the background?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#6]
tell em you just saw Dan Rather skulking around Manhattan with a "bullet hose" and he looked like he was ready to thrust and squeeze...

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#7]
The Brady Campaign against truth.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Just called and asked if they could point me to the streets flooded with AK and UZIs 'cause I don't have either in my collection, and there hasn't been so much as a drop of even just Tec9 or HiPoint fall in my neighborhood.

The stunned silence before being hung up on was PRICELESS.

SG
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Just called and asked if they could point me to the streets flooded with AK and UZIs 'cause I don't have either in my collection, and there hasn't been so much as a drop of even just Tec9 or HiPoint fall in my neighborhood.

SG

The other day when they told me machine guns would be legal to buy after monday, i promptly asked them for some names and numbers of the dealers as i looked forward to buying some. They quickly changed their tune.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

SG

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I called (202) 898-0792 and thanked them because if they weren't trying to ban firearms, I would have never really been this involved or owned so many.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#12]
what extension do I choose? how do I talk to someone?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#13]
i just called I told the lady, I asked the lady when it expired she said it already had  i said" OH SHIT It already expired!!" So should I just hunker down a ride the first few days out??"

she just started cracking up, I told her I think I am going to be brave and go to work!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I called (202) 898-0792 and thanked them because if they weren't trying to ban firearms, I would have never really been this involved or owned so many.

You hit the nail on the head! I had no interest in them whatever until they started they ban crap. Had that not happened, I would have missed out on a ton of good times.

I thought long range and handguns were my only interest. Thank you Brady/Feinsteine/Clinton.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You hit the nail on the head! I had no interest in them whatever until they started they ban crap. Had that not happened, I would have missed out on a ton of good times.

I thought long range and handguns were my only interest. Thank you Brady/Feinsteine/Clinton.

They did more to promote interest than just about anything else I can think of (certainly far more than Hollywood) Nothing like telling someone they can't do something or can't have something to fire their interest.

We should chip in and send them a gift basket...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They did more to promote interest than just about anything else I can think of (certainly far more than Hollywood) Nothing like telling someone they can't do something or can't have something to fire their interest.

Or a nice fruitcake or chesse wheel might just do the trick
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#17]
has anyone tried calling them collect?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmmm, Thanksgiving is coming up, maybe we could get them some turkeys... any chopper pilots around?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#19]

It really shows their true colors.

Yeah.....
YELLOW
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Can we get a list of their top 10 corporate sponsors to arrange a boycott?

I will definately boycott all of them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmmm, Thanksgiving is coming up, maybe we could get them some turkeys... any chopper pilots around?

I say a good tractor trailer filled with cigarettes dumped right at their front door would do the trick.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:15:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Anyone talk to them today?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:30:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say a good tractor trailer filled with cigarettes dumped right at their front door would do the trick.

Hell yeah!  Unfiltered Kings!  Go Sara go!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:34:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
has anyone tried calling them collect?

Yea, didnt work.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:19:29 AM EDT
[#25]
thanks for the phone number. guess it will be fun and games when i get home.
be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Latest - Letter from Sarah Brady on bradycampaign.org and my response....

=========================================

Dear President Bush:

I cannot begin to express my disappointment in your decision to let the Assault Weapons Ban expire yesterday.

Four years ago you said you supported renewal of the assault weapons ban, though you made it clear that you were generally opposed to reasonable gun violence prevention laws. I was very happy to hear you say it then, because it was a sensible position, and one long supported by such conservative leaders as Ronald Reagan and Barry Goldwater. As a lifelong Republican, it gave me hope that my party would move away from a knee-jerk tendency to oppose whatever the gun lobby said Republicans should oppose.

Now, these guns, designed by military scientists to inflict the maximum level of damage to human beings, are back on our streets.

You have broken your promise to the American people and you should be ashamed. Jim and I loved Ronald Reagan, and one of the main reasons we loved him was that he was always, always, true to his word.

This law worked, and it saved lives. It saved the lives of police officers and children. You cast your support aside for a political endorsement. We all pay prices in life for our actions. I hope the American people will make you pay a price for this decision.

In your current campaign, you are pledging to keep America safe. But your conscious decision to let this ban expire has placed us all in jeopardy.

The expiration of this law is temporary. It will be renewed: It is only a matter of how long it will take to renew it. There is still time for you to show leadership, do the right thing, and restore this law. But know that Jim and I will continue our efforts to restore the ban, with or without your help. And we will succeed. Lives are hanging in the balance.

Mr. President, step forward and do the right thing.

Sincerely,

Sarah Brady

=======================================================

Dear Sarah,

I cannot begin to express my disappointment in your decision to continue to attempt to pull down the 2nd Amendment by pushing for this so-called "Assault Weapons Ban".

You would take away all firearms from law-abiding Americans in order to "prevent" gun violence.  The problem is that you are facing west when you should be facing east.  

The problem is not with the law-abiding Americans and their firearms.  The problem is that we have criminals - people who intentionally disobey the written law.  

This law did not work. It did not save any lives.  The statistics are out there, but since they do not agree with you, you ignore them and invent emotional rather than logical or factual arguments.    

I won't go into all of the misleading statements in your letter, but one line greatly concerns me.  In your letter, you stated...

"I hope the American people will make you pay a price for this decision."

To me, that sounds like a threat against a sitting President.  I hope that the Secret Service is looking into this, but even more I hope that you do not wish harm on the moral man who holds that office.  He needs our prayers and our support, not veiled threats from people who would outwardly call themselves Americans while actually working as agents of darkness.  

Fortunately, our congress can see the facts that you have decided to ignore.  This law did NOTHING to secure us or our children.  It placed limits on law abiding Americans that are otherwise ignored by criminals.  

You may note that Britain and Australia are going down the path that you would have America follow.  In case you did not get the memo, a number of our ancestors left Britain many years ago, because they had the wrong way of doing things.  We lead, not follow.  Look where they are going.  They now wish to ban swords, knives, bats, and other items.  

It is because there will always be criminals, and they will ALWAYS find a way around the law.  

Rather than working to disarm us – which is what Al Queda desires for us - why do you not work for stronger enforcement of existing laws and stronger penalties for CRIMINALS which will make a difference?  

It would be far more productive than spinning your wheels on this failed effort.  

Sincerely,
lawsec

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Has anyone called today & asked them why there's no carnage in our streets?  

I just called them a half hour ago and asked if it was safe to go outside yet.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
thanks for the phone number. guess it will be fun and games when i get home.
be well
maxwell

They close at 5pm eastern.

They also have different people answering the phone every few hours.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"As God is my witness....I thought turkeys could fly!"
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

"As God is my witness....I thought turkeys could fly!"

"I'm livin' on the air in Cincinnati...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#32]

Today is a new day...

CALL THEM! 202-898-0792
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I just called and talked to a woman. I thanked them for their efforts, efforts that prompted me to start taking my 2nd Amendment Rights more seriously. I said I never had an interest in owning guns, much less "Assault Weapons" until 1994. Now I have many. She said that I have no individual right via the 2nd Amendment because it only grants the state the right to own firearms. Then she hung up.

No shit. She just said that.

There, I did my part.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#34]
The site now says the ban has "temporarily expired."
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Anyone else warming up their dialing fingers?

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#36]
They have to state that the ban has temporarily been lifted because these people want to keep the funds flowing their way.  Being anti-second amendment has been very profitable for them over the last 10 years and they don't want the gravy train to stop now!  Anyone see the pictures of kerry and sara brady that were taken on the 13th?  She gives hitlery a run and then some...yikes...all of the funds that she has gotten from mislead/misinformed soccer-moms really hasn't made her any betterlooking.  

keepandbeararms.com/information/Item.asp?ID=3674

edited to add linkage to pictures of two of our favorite people!  Actually, all of our favorites are on the page if you keep scrolling down....
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#37]

Just got off the phone with them.  I asked what "temporarily expired' means.  She told me about all the evil assault weapons and terrorists.  And that the issue "would come up again".  I gave her  a civics lesson about what it would take for a NEW bill to become law.  She said see  sure hopes so and  I said I sure hope not.  Just a little stammering after that.  She thought she had a believer until then.  I was polite but she was OWNED.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#38]
I just looked at their website for the first time ever and those people just want to take everything away...

I thought they just fought for the AWB but they don't want any guns anywhere...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#39]
yup!  and Kerry is their champion...they're knight in shining armor...be afraid people...VERY AFRAID!  If Scary Kerry makes it in we're so
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I just looked at their website for the first time ever and those people just want to take everything away...

I thought they just fought for the AWB but they don't want any guns anywhere...

Yes, they commented a few years ago, Josh Sugarman IIRC, about how they wish to join Feinswine in a "ban them all" bandwagon.

They're lieing, two-faced hypocritical cocksuckers IMO.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#41]

I wonder who is answering the phones today?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make sure they are frozen turkeys like that episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati".
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#43]

Interesting change of direction.

She told me today that "no machine guns wont be sold now"  so i asked her what the definition of assualt weapon was "call the NRA" was the response.

Did she suddenly get edumacated or have they figured out the American public isn't buying it?

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

hmmm, Thanksgiving is coming up, maybe we could get them some turkeys... any chopper pilots around

Make sure they are frozen turkeys like that episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati".

Those turkeys weren't frozen, they were alive, and being pushed out the helicopter, in the naive hope they'd fly down to their recipients. Splat! Splat! Ka-fump!

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

(Hey wait- haven't I been here before? )
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#45]
I just did and and SMOKED the lady on the other end.

I make an argument, and she can't counter it. She only changed it.

Evidently, she claimed that lew abiding citezens were not effected by the AWB. I asked her why she was making my choices, why she was criminalizing me for having a little piece of metal on my gun.

She went back on the same thing. What idiots. They can only change, dodge, avoid and confuse. They are idiots.

I did butter her up, and intend to call tomorrow. I suggest we sticky this for a full fledged fire mission. Nail those suckers into the ground.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm surprised she didn't hang up on you.  They did that to me the other day when I asked about their position on TASERs.  

If you look at their website, it tells oyu all you need to know.  They are screaming from a soapbox, not interested in anything from anyone else, and only want  donations.  That's their only interest.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Bigfeet

Edited to add:  Keep it up boys.  We need to let them know we will no tolerate any more of their lies.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#48]

Hmm i feel like thanking them for exposing me to the BRD and watching more and more people buy Assualt weapons in record numbers now that the ban has been lifted.

Anyone thanked them lately? 202-898-0792

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top