Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2004 4:18:22 AM EDT
I know you want to get one of those special prebans in some states, but beware and research.

After going down through the EE, some of the so called deals are not deals at all. More like theft.

A pre 94 ban AR receiver, whether pistol or rifle, is actually worth no more than the cost to replace it. Period.

Lower + parts kit + telestock + shipping + Transfer fee. Thats it. There are a million of them out there,  dont get ripped off.

The prices on them were falling faster than WalMart prices for the last year, and they are worth no more than a NIW one now. Not one penny.

Caveat Emptor.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:52:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Winston Wolf has a SMOKIN deal on a preban!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#2]
WOW...A new guy with 6 posts telling us about the EE.

Thanks man.

I am sure you mean well, but I think we are on top of it.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:03:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I know you want to get one of those special prebans in some states, but beware and research.

After going down through the EE, some of the so called deals are not deals at all. More like theft.

A pre 94 ban AR receiver, whether pistol or rifle, is actually worth no more than the cost to replace it. Period.

Lower + parts kit + telestock + shipping + Transfer fee. Thats it. There are a million of them out there,  dont get ripped off.

The prices on them were falling faster than WalMart prices for the last year, and they are worth no more than a NIW one now. Not one penny.

Caveat Emptor.

It depends on how you look at it, and I think we know where you stand.  If you're a collector, some things do hold more value (sometimes significant).  If you're Joe Tactical, get whatever meets your requirements...

I guess you feel that an original Shelby GT500 is worthless while the kit cars are being produced too...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:06:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

No need to be an ass, the guy was just trying to look out for us
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:09:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks,but I don't believe I will be selling my NIB Colt SP-1's for no 5-6 hundred dollars.In fact they have never been for sale.Consider the economic realities of collecting before you make such all encompasing statements.Advice only.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:16:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I guess you feel that an original Shelby GT500 is worthless while the kit cars are being produced too...

Not quite. The difference is the two are not close to being the same. The kit car will never be a Shelby. An AR is an AR as of 9+hours ago in a majority of the states. 90+%? Anyone who thinks my old ones are worth more than new ones,  would sell gas at $8.00 a gallon during a hurricane, just because they think they can.

There is no intrinsic additional value in most old AR lowers as of last night/ this morning.

Sorry for the mixup Sgtar, I was cautioning "New Guys", not doll guys. Does my post count matter if the contents are on target???

Dinkydow is right, there are a few collectables that will have some added value, but I think he will agree that most will not.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:23:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

I hate when people judge someone based on their post count, as if, by some miracle, more posts equal more intelligence.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:29:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I hate when people judge someone based on their post count, as if, by some miracle, more posts equal more intelligence.

I hate it when NEWBIES show up and start tramping around (literally), like tramps do, and running off at the suck.

Hey Commie, Guess What???.........

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:31:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate it when NEWBIES show up and start tramping around (literally), like tramps do, and running off at the suck.

web.wt.net/~quijanos/no%20one%20givesmod

Was this an attempt at humor?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:33:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

+1

More post counts don't equal more intelligence, just less of a life.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:35:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I appreciate your feelings. The profit motive surpasses all feelings of helping out our oppressed brothers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:35:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Perhaps both. I mean, look at Imbroglio!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:39:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

silent1,
Thanks for the info!
SGatr15,
Is there some magic post count that one has to aquire before being "allowed" to speak?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Thanks man.
SGatr15

Some people actually come here looking for help and information, sarge. I know better, you know better, but a lot of new folks looking for AR info may get ripped off.

Not all of us are angry cat molesting post whores with a GI-joe fetish and nothing better to do than stomp on peoples threads. (More adjectives available upon request.)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:58:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Former pre-bans outside of NY, NJ and CT are just that, "former pre-bans" and are, save the unusual collectable model, worth less than new units. However, take the "former pre-bans" that people are willing to sell or trade to owners in NY, NJ and CT and they become valuable pre-bans in finite numbers again. There is nothing stopping owners in those states from making a one for one trade on a rifle or lower then re-selling it within their state (as a pre-ban) for a tidy profit. So, these former pre-bans do have more value than new units, depending on who is buying it and where they live.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:59:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

Hey stupid, just because you have the time to post 18 thousand times!!!!! DOES NOT IN ANY WAY EQUATE TO INTELLIGENCE OR KNOWLEDGE. It simply means you are either unemployed, or mis-using company resources, along with the fact that you have no social life and no WIFE/HUSBAND or GF/ BF.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

Yeah i'd have to agree with that, he even said in his thread title caution to NEW guys.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have a new no ban Eagle Arms forged lower if anybody in a free state would like to swap that for a pre-ban for us NYers.

It may be intersting to see what pre-bans are going for within the banned states in a few months. If you can buy a pre-ban lower from a fellow New Yorker for the same amount as a new forged Eagle Arms lower then I'd say you're offer is fair. If not, it's not.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm just posting to get my number up! That way I too can become an "expert".
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey how do you double post?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:12:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Sorry for the mixup Sgtar, I was cautioning "New Guys", not doll guys. Does my post count matter if the contents are on target???

hehe..ouch
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:19:16 AM EDT
[#23]
This website is full of elitist gun experts....everytime anybody says anything that can be construed as newbie or uninformed..the "experts" come out of the woodwork to bash em!! Most of it's hilarious. WTF is up with all these slacker gunsites not having brand new websites for us to shop at? i.e. Bushmaster
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:19:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have a new no ban Eagle Arms forged lower if anybody in a free state would like to swap that for a pre-ban for us NYers.

incoming from a free state.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Thanks sukebe, but we have a national economy where interstate commerce is allowed.  If you can find somebody dumb enough to pay more than the replacement cost of your "pre-ban" beater receiver, by all means you are free to do that.  Fortunately there are many folks around here who are not opportunists looking to profit off of the misfortune of others.  But thank you for showing us your true colors.

First of all, I never offered to sell my "pre-bans".  Don't be so naive as to think that nobody within the banned states is a profiteer. The premise of this thread is that pre-bans have no more value than post bans and that if people living in banned states pay more for them they are getting ripped off. Looking at it from a different perspective, I have debunked that premise. I hope you make your trade. Many people within the banned states won't.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:29:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

you are SO correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:29:48 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Winston Wolf has a SMOKIN deal on a preban!

No such thing anymore!  Well, at least for those of us in free states.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:32:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Anything is worth what at least one person is willing to pay for it.  His/her reasons are irrelevant.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:38:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

silent1,
Thanks for the info!
SGatr15,
Is there some magic post count that one has to aquire before being "allowed" to speak?

Well, considering he logged on THIS month and has been here less than 13 days I would say its not the post count as much as the time on the board.

Kind of like getting a computer and telling everyone about this great new thing called the internet.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#32]
I hate it when post count is equated to intelligence or AR knowledge.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

silent1,
Thanks for the info!
SGatr15,

Well, considering he logged on THIS month and has been here less than 13 days I would say its not the post count as much as the time on the board.

Kind of like getting a computer and telling everyone about this great new thing called the internet.

SGatr15

Hey, Sarge!!  What's a internet?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

It matters here on arfcom. Home of the self righteous, high and mighty, judgemental posters, some of which are simple assholes. Always have been, always will be.

Welcome to the board though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:46:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Oh yeah...

welcome newbie!

Sgtar15

PS  get the goat.........
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:47:43 AM EDT
[#36]

Thank God this is free market economy and Pre-Ban AR's are still worth whatever the market will bear for them.

If you happen to live in a state where they have their own AWB then a true Pre-Ban AR is worth something more to you than a post ban AR because of the value in the features that can be added to it.

If you can get a Pre-Ban for the price of a new AR, more power to ya.

If you can sell your Pre-Ban for more than the price of a new AR, more power to ya.

Personally I would not purposely try and rape people, over price, but I would get more for my Pre-Ban than the cost of replacement.

WHY?

1. Because I can.

2. Because it's worth it to most people who understand the law. People in some states are still in effect under the AWB, because it is their own state's law. These people still NEED to own Pre-Ban AR's to have the "evil" features.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

silent1,
Thanks for the info!
SGatr15,

SGatr15

Do you know how long he lurked before joining?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Old Board mean anything? hame
Remember the troops we sent stuff to? Remember the hurricane relief? Remember all the talk of family???

You can justify it anyway you please, but your actions speak loudly to your true colors.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Old Board mean anything?

And as for some of you guys... Shame on you.

Remember the troops we sent stuff to? Remember the hurricane relief? Remember all the talk of family???

You can justify it anyway you please, but your actions speak loudly to your true colors.

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Old Board mean anything?

Likewise, does the term "ar15-l mailing list" mean anything?

(My great, great, great grampa told me about it. Really. Honest. I'm only 20 years old and I just got here.)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

You must have a minumum post count of at least 300 posts before being allowed to post anything here...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You must have a minumum post count of at least 300 posts before being allowed to post anything here... hr

Wee I guess I wont reststate my original sentiment. I cant believe guys from here are offering their prebans at $1500 in EE to "Help our brothers out". hat
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

web.wt.net/~quijanos/no%20one%20givesmod

Now, we should really remember to be more sensitive towards others.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not quite. The difference is the two are not close to being the same. The kit car will never be a Shelby. An AR is an AR as of 9+hours ago in a majority of the states. 90+%? Anyone who thinks my old ones are worth more than new ones,  would sell gas at $8.00 a gallon during a hurricane, just because they think they can.

There is no intrinsic additional value in most old AR lowers as of last night/ this morning.

Dinkydow is right, there are a few collectables that will have some added value, but I think he will agree that most will not.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

I think he was intending that for folks who also have around 6 posts...not you.  so if you are on top of it, shut your pie hole...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

SGatr15

What?  Is he wrong or something?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#47]
The thing is, something like 35% - 40% of the US population is still under a ban of some sort.

Couple that with the fact that MOST newer receivers are "high or narrow" shelf or the wrong pin size or blocked or...

...and that pre-pre PWA lower on your gun is STILL a bit more scarce than that $75 mega EE special.

I think I will just hold on to my lower until the market shakes out. The way it is now, somebody will feel like they got burned two or three months down the road.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

+1

Everyone's got an opinion...I respect SgtAR's opinion as much as Silent1's and Neomastino's.

If his observations are not credible, then simply spelling out deficiencies in his arguement is sufficient. I'm more than capable of making my own assessment based on the merits of one's arguement for or against.

Attacks ad hominam don't say much about the merits of any arguement.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Thanks man.

SGatr15

What ban is he referring to???

Could somebody sell me a vowel please?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Some people refer to low post counts as the Newbee has no Idea what the board is about,  I for one have lurked on the site for more than a year before signing up to post 7 months ago.  This could be the same for a lot of the Newbees
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top