Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/12/2004 10:12:43 PM EDT
ok guys, if we all remember a while back we came up with a sale program. I say we sell our pre-ban rifles to new yorkers since they can only have ones made before 94 and we buy new ones. good deal? lets all make an agreement not to sell over 1000 dollars. Don't rip em off. help them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yessssss, please - Bless you Vold, and all others willing to assist! Help us give a big FU to ole' Chuckie and Hitlery.

Dont tie up the thread with want to buy posts - but please, if you've got a preban '94, and you are willing to trade/sell, please visit the WTT forum or the NY/NJ hometown forums.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I would in a heart beat. Unfortunately, i do not have the funds to do so, or the guns. If i had a preban, it would be in a box this very morning to one of those people.

Sorry
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Great idea if it can be implemented.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would in a heart beat. Unfortunately, i do not have the funds to do so, or the guns. If i had a preban, it would be in a box this very morning to one of those people.

Sorry

+1

ETA: Maybe when people start selling pre-bans at normal prices around here I could pick up one or two for relocating
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one here, later I'm going to check into sell/trade on it, basicly as long as I can get a replacement.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I already have a deal going to trade a preban PWA complete lower for a new PWA or LMT. Anybody who charges these guys more than "No-Ban" lower prices is a complete scumbag.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]
BTT you all need to do this. help out the people in NY and other places affected by state sponsored tyranny.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I will have one up for a good home in a slave state...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I already have a deal going to trade a preban PWA complete lower for a new PWA or LMT. Anybody who charges these guys more than "No-Ban" lower prices is a complete scumbag.

I saw a preban PWA lower in the EE for $450, the seller specifically said it was for people in states with their own ban.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget CT, NJ and MA
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one Colt pre-ban lower that is listed as an SBR. I'd have to get the $200 back so I can SBR the replacement out of it....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw a preban PWA lower in the EE for $450, the seller specifically said it was for people in states with their own ban.

That seller should be flogged!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that guy is not really doing them much of a favor. If you looked you could find them for $500 months ago. There is a guy in EE that want s to sell his lower to a slave state person for $500 and still sound like he's doing someone a big favor.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that guy is not really doing them much of a favor. If you looked you could find them for $500 months ago. There is a guy in EE that want s to sell his lower to a slave state person for $500 and still sound like he's doing someone a big favor.

S.O.

With "Friends" like that who needs an enemy?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:11:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:36:20 AM EDT
[#17]
come on guys keep this going, don't abandon new york. I know Kalifornia is shit gone beyond help but NY and the others aren't.  Make Chuckie Schumer eat his shorts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I posted what I have in the EE on a thread about this.
It's a slabside SP-1.
Anything to thumb my nose at Schumer and Klinton!

if you can own it and are interested in swapping, IM me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:21:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey..  Send them to MA also..

ktm500
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:28:19 AM EDT
[#20]
With all due respect, trying to swap a post ban even up for pre-ban is an insult.

Why in the heck would someone who paid lots of money for a pre-ban during the ban sell or swap it for something that cost half or a third as much?  His preban lower may not be worth more than a post ban but he has a hell of a lot more in it. Why should he take the hit?

If you guys in occupied states want pre-bans it has to be a win-win situation.  I don't mean you have to bend over, but netiher should the guy with the pre-ban.

And no, I don't have a pre-ban for sale or trade.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:32:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If you guys in occupied states want pre-bans it has to be a win-win situation.  I don't mean you have to bend over, but netiher should the guy with the pre-ban.

Maybe just to be nice?

The guys with the pre-bans aren't going to make up that lost money anyways.  And if anything THEY are getting the better end of the deal since they are getting a NEW lower compared to the other guy getting a USED lower.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:38:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Amen brother! I paid $1500 for my gun. $1000 of that was basically the receiver. I would trade mike but not just for even up.  Would you sell a vintage car for cheap just because the company started making them again cheaper?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Amen brother! I paid $1500 for my gun. $1000 of that was basically the receiver. I would trade mike but not just for even up.  Would you sell a vintage car for cheap just because the company started making them again cheaper?

No, I would sell it for what I can get for it based on what it is currently worth.

Your AR is now worth $500-$800.

Deal with it....or not.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:41:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe just to be nice?

The guys with the pre-bans aren't going to make up that lost money anyways.  And if anything THEY are getting the better end of the deal since they are getting a NEW lower compared to the other guy getting a USED lower.

SGtar15

Being nice is nice.  But if someone said "Hey, I really need that, so I will give you half or a third what you paid for it."  That's not very nice.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:43:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Help out your fellow gun owners. Or if nothing else to piss off liberal cunts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:47:05 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a pre-ban Colt 6700 with removable carry-handle that I have $1500 invested in.  It HAS been fired very little , but is in excellent shape and almost like new.

If anyone in a slave state in interested please email me   [email protected]

I am not looking at making a profit but would like to at least break even no matter what the guy who plays with dolls says...

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I look at it this way:

If you have a "preban" that is collectable, as in a perfect old Colt, or something along those lines, the price should be high ($900-1200)

BUT, if you have a "preban" lower that is not collectable, and in no way of a higher quality than a new Eagle, RR, or Bushy...

...DO THE RIGHT THING.

Trade it for a new lower with a NYer.

A Colt lower with a "sear block"?
Trade it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
With all due respect, trying to swap a post ban even up for pre-ban is an insult.

Why in the heck would someone who paid lots of money for a pre-ban during the ban sell or swap it for something that cost a third or forth as much?  His preban lower may not be worth more than a post ban but he has a hell of a lot more in it. Why should he take the hit?

ITS TOO HELP OUT FELLOW ARFCOM MEMBERS STUCK WITH A STATE AWB!

I don't really understand your statement of "Why Should He Take The Hit". You already TOOK the hit! I would hope you took it with a smile. Your preban is now worth nothing more than a new "No-Ban" lower, except to the minority of members who to live with a state AWB. How exactly is the preban owner going to get "Bent Over"? He gets a brand new lower and the satisfaction of knowing he stuck it the man and helped out a fellow ARFCOM member.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Interesting thread.

I have a pre-ban AKS-762 with the goodies (mags, mounts), with perhaps 300rds through it that has been locked in a gun case for most of the last decade.  Not certain if any NY brothers would have a desire for such a weapon.

Never really gave any thought to parting with it... but it seems it might be of more use to someone up there.

My ARs are the only things I fire regularly, thus I might consider trading the AKS for an M4 or cash.  (no idea what the current values of the AKS are vs an M4... apologies if I just proposed ripping someone off... I will research the values later today)

My location is south central PA.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:59:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe just to be nice?

SGtar15

Contraire!
This does not make sense.  If there is a demand somewhere for a pre '94, then it is more desirable and thus worth more.  I guarantee that any of my prebans would go for more than $1000 in NY.  ...and really, what is the advantage of a new lower to an old lower?  Nothing.  All of mine are in excellent condition.

I paid $1500 for one of my prebans, and I will not be made to feel guilty by someone who wants me to just throw away my investment for an even trade.  There has to be a meeting in the middle.  Something equitable would be a brand new rifle in trade for my good condition preban.  Another option would be to split the difference between my pre-ban cost ($1500) and the cost of a new rifle ($800).

There are individuals who have kindly and politely inquired about the fate of my preban collection after the sunset.  These individuals will be given first consideration from me, and will be given the best deal.  For these people, I would be more inclined to take a hit for the greater good.  Guilt trips will be met with harsh words.

FWIW:  I have already received more offers than pre-bans I own, and those will be the only ones considered, and none of my Colts are for sale, period.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#32]
I stated in the other thread that I have a PWA Commando (hence my moniker) that I am willing to let go to help out someone behind enemy lines. I can let it go comeplete or seperate out. This is ~'89 vintage, IM or e-mail me. I'm not looking to make money off of it.

Nick
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#33]
You know how some folks charge extra for plywood and ice in Florida, after and before a hurricane?
What do you think about those folks?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
You know how some folks charge extra for plywood and ice in Florida, after and before a hurricane?
What do you think about those folks?

LOL, excellent post. I paid $450- for my Colt in 1986. It went up in value to $1600 or more, and now it's back to $800 or so (?).  I couldn't care less, it wasn't bought to be an investment, it was bought to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't have any ARs for sale, but I do have a pre-ban Cobray M11/ 9mm and M12/ 380acp new in box, unfired, if anyone thinks they would be interested. Never really thought about letting them go, but I guess I could.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I would sell it for what I can get for it based on what it is currently worth.

Your AR is now worth $500-$800.

Deal with it....or not.

SGtar15

Ouch. The truth is a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Dude: Your gun is now just a used AR. Period.
Deal with it.

SG
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Being nice is nice.  But if someone said "Hey, I really need that, so I will give you half or a third what you paid for it."  That's not very nice.  

What you paid for it and what it is worth are two very different things as of Monday.

You may buy a new car today for 25,0000 but in ten years it AIN'T gonna be worth 25,000.

The worth in Pre bans was the ability to accpet the evil stuff. Now, they all can and what you ave is the same as what I have: A  ten year old used rifle.

SG
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude: Your gun is now just a used AR. Period.
Deal with it.

SG

...and he doesn't have to sell it either...  Period.  Get over it!

You want it, you pay his price.  It's called a seller's market.

Nothing pisses me off more than someone wanting something I have, telling me how much it's worth, and trying to pull a guilt trip on me for not playing their game.

Edited to add:  We're not talking about plywood, generators, batteries or drinking water Floridians NEED.  Here raising prices unnecessarily would be unethical, of course.

Here, we're talking about something people WANT.  Market value is determined by demand.  There is obviously a demand.  I'll be generous and take a hit on my terms.

I'm all for taking a loss to help fellow New Yorkers out, but when the tone turns to demands, and not a gracious request- deals off.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Yeah!
Fuck ethics and solidarity!
If those poor saps are thirsty, let's make them pay more for a drink.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

So if someone, ......let say 2000 or 2001, paid $1k for a rifle (at the time preban status).....then they have no right to make their money back?  This would make them a scumbag?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#44]
I had some interest in a complete pre-ban Bushamster, M4gery, in EXCELLENT condition, but nobody followed through.

Last chance, then I'm keeping it.

I will sell the COMPLETE rifle only. (Letter from Bushmaster stating pre-ban status included), M4 upper(honestly, maybe 300 rounds through it tops), pre-ban Bushamster lower, M4 handguards, Phantom, Fobus G-27 grip, A3 w/ carry handle. Sale will be for the actual cost for replacement of a new M4 Colt or Bushmaster...their prices appear to be the same.

IM me with questions or interest in this and/or shipping/FFL cost details. Not seperating the lower, not parting it out. The rifle is beautiful.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#45]
If you people in comunist states want to buy guns with "BANNED" features then move. I'll be damned if I sell you retards a gun. Move to a FREE state or STFU.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
If you people in comunist states want to buy guns with "BANNED" features then move. I'll be damned if I sell you retards a gun. Move to a FREE state or STFU.

boy, that was graceful
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#47]
You cheesedicks bitching about the money you lost make me sick.

I've sold my Colt lower to a NY crew member for a double hell of a lot less than I paid for it.  It's called helping a brother out, and I'm not LOSING shit, because the gun isn't worth any more than I sold it to him for IN MY STATE.  Plus, I get a new lower with a pushpin and standard trigger/hammer pins.  

How's that losing?

You sound like those assholes with a safe full of MGs who DON'T want the ban to expire because they're going to lose money...

NEWS FLASH: this ain't about money.  If you look at your guns as an "investment" instead of freedom tools, you're a dickhead.  In my opinion, of course.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I ran this statement through babelfish.com

"I am a dickhead playing on my Daddy's computer."
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if someone, ......let say 2000 or 2001, paid $1k for a rifle (at the time preban status).....then they have no right to make their money back?  This would make them a scumbag?

In essence, yes.
There's more to this issue, than just the free market.
It's about solidarity amongst gun owners, and the lack of ethics amongst those who wish to profit from the assault weapons ban.

So what if you spent $2K on a preban.  You did so because you wanted the gun.
Or was it an investment?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#50]
It aint about money. It's about them getting off thier ass' and going something to improve thier situation.  If they don't like being opressed then they need to elect people with thier views, move  or just shut up. NOBODY is making them live where they do. It's a choice they are making. They can choose to do something or not. That is thier business. I will not help them to sit on thier ass and cry about how bad they have it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top