Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 9:22:28 PM EDT
Just had it as a thought a few days ago... while we appear to be out of the woods as of today (Allah is merciful and just), I will admit to more than just a passing concern that he might have done it as an "olive branch" to the HCI crowd.

While I wouldn't have put a Kerry sticker on my truck, my vote for W would have gone elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Executive Order???  NFW...only Congress can extend or reinstate the AWB...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Every Republican got EXACTLY what they wanted.  GW gets gunonwners en mass this fall without saying shit one way or the other for the past couple of years.  We all get our Flash Hiders back.  

Sarah/Barbara/Diane/Hilary get fucked in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
not at all.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely, NOT before the election.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Every Republican got EXACTLY what they wanted.  GW gets gunonwners en mass this fall without saying shit one way or the other for the past couple of years.  We all get our Flash Hiders back.  

It's fucking beautiful, ain't it???
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think Bush knows that an act of betrayal of a very dedicated voting block would move Kerry into the Whitehouse in Jan.

You make a lotta sense for a moderator..
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Only if Kerry wins.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#11]
You left an option off your poll -

X - Stop waisting bandwidth with this paranoid tinfoil BULLSHIT.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I woul not put it past GW  But he has to know if he did it it would cost him the White House in
November. The president could do anything via Exec. order...... Congress won't touch it for a while.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Only if Kerry wins.

If Kerry wins, the next AWB will appear as a UN directive, not an EO.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Giuys...

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO EXTEND A LAW BY EXECUTIVE ORDER

The only guns that can be affected by EO are:

Imported Guns

Shotguns with bores over 1/2 inch

And possibly machineguns (an EO could reverse 922(o) by declaring any gun duely registered to be 'posessed with the authorization of the United States'.

There is NO WAY this can be extended by EO. It's just not possible under current law...

However If Kerry wins and gets another AWB passed, the antis are VERY interested in putting a 'sporting purposes' test for US guns in there, as well as an automatic ban on anything used by military or police agencies!

IF A SPORTING PURPOSES TEST IS EVER ADDED FOR US MADE GUNS WE ARE SCREWED!

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Nope, a day late for renewal my brothers.  ITS FUCKING DEAD! www.atf.gov/firearms/saw-factsheet.htm
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#17]
AGNTSA!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I WAS going to go to sleep, but AAAAHHHHHHH!

Thanks, I'll be up for days, just trying to keep that image out of my head!

YUCK!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:12:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You left an option off your poll -

X - Stop waisting bandwidth with this paranoid tinfoil BULLSHIT.

Delayed because I'm at work.

OK... Not quite wearing the electrified colander. As I stated at the beginning, I was curious if it crossed anybody else's mind.  One doesn;t know without asking. It's part of being inquisitive.

Most of us know it would have been a suicide move as far as gun owners who support W goes, but there are other, well organized groups out there with voting blocs, who would have loudly applauded such a decision.

As far as it being total BS, or "impossible" to have done, I have a question...

Where are the $99 SKS's?
Where is the Cheap Chicom Ammo?

Maybe y'all forgot, with the noise of champagne corks and (now once again legal) 30-round mags cooking off, but President "Billy Bob" used the power of EO to stop importation of Norinco and PolyTech firearms and ammo in 1994 (remember the ships that were refused permission to dock, full of guns and ammo?), as well as Bush (41) ban on "non sporting arms"  importation - both done WITHOUT actions of congress.

Tinfoil that, bucky.

I think the 4,586,498 duplicate posts on "WOOHOO NO MORE AWB!!!" are eating more bandwidth.

But thanks for your subtlety and tact, rayra. It's appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:27:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
... Most of us know it would have been a suicide move as far as gun owners who support W goes, ...

More importantly, it would be an unconstitutional act that would never withstand judicial review.

The President can no more enact legislation through E.O. than ATF can enact legislation through rule making (despite the mistaken claims to the contrary by some of our members).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top