Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/12/2004 7:04:35 PM EDT
I have read through the posts on the previous thread, and most go like this:

“Boycott Bushmaster? Hell no! I love Bushmaster. They make great guns. I will buy two more tomorrow”.

Look, I like Bushmaster’s products too, but then again I liked S&W’s products – I boycotted S&W anyhow.

The fact of the matter is that Bushmaster caved in and paid out money to crime victims, thus establishing a precedent. This first drop of blood will get the trial lawyer sharks whipped up into a frenzy. Why? Because now they know that they CAN squeeze money out of gun manufacturers with bogus lawsuits.

It will be much more difficult now for us to pass a Gun Manufacturer Immunity law for the entire industry since the anti-gunners can point to this settlement of “proof” that they should be allowed to sue on behalf of the victims. They will parade those victims in front of the liberal media and say, “this poor person would not have been able to get compensation for his losses if we pass a Manufacturer’s Immunity Law”.  Thanks Bushmaster.

The payout of cash to the victims is a tacit admission that somehow manufacturers are guilty for crimes other people commit with their guns. It doesn’t matter if Bushmaster SAYS that it did nothing wrong because actions speak louder than words. If Bushmaster really believed that the Brady Bunch had no case in court, they should have waited it out until the case was dropped.

I don’t know if this case can be saved – I tried calling Bushmaster but they are off office hours. I suggest those of you who are interested do the same. 1 800 998 7928. If Bushmaster can withdraw from this agreement I think the firearms community would stand by them with financial support so that they can fight it out in court until the case is dismissed. Otherwise, I, for one, will boycott Bushmaster.

I know that Bushmaster probably did not think this through when they agreed to it, but it was most certainly a mistake. Bushmaster has been a great supporter of our cause in the past, but they screwed up this time.

Be loyal to The Cause, not the Company. Boycott Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope that works out for you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Enjoy your boycot.  I'm going to order a new lower or two.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, good luck that.

Now I'm going to have to pick up the slack and buy extra stuff from them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to bed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe you would have Bushmaster go out of business fighting the antis in court....?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
does the term, AGNTSA! mean anything to you?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok thats stupid. Bushmaster did not lose the suit. They choose to tell the Brady people to fuck off and they being a upstanding company chose to give some money to the victims.

They did not establish a precedent.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#9]
More importantly...

WHAT THE HELL WILL -Absolut-'s SIG BE TOMORROW?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#10]
A boycott of one isn't really all that effective, is it?

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh hell!  That's your first post?!  

Great introduction, hot-rod.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I won't fault their decision one bit.  They could give the money to lawyers, or donate the money to victims.  They chose the latter.  That takes a large set of cajones.

Dittos from here. If you want to get even with something, try our messed up legal system and trial lawyers.

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, if you can find their phone number, you should be able to find their website as well. On it, you will find, ina position of prominence, no less, a full and true account of their position on the matter. Please read it and report back.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Bushmaster...what is that? Some type of Colt copy???
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
goodby troll

dont bash a board sponser with your first post

dont come back

account locked

Fire mission over

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
goodby troll

dont come back

account locked

Fire mission over

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#22]
they paid directly to the victims.  The lawyers got absolutely nothing unless they charged the gunbanners up front.

Either way, the gunbanners didn't get anything but a bunch of lawyers bills...

So why are you saying they caved in?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Die a slow death, you one post troll.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
goodby troll

dont come back

account locked

Fire mission over

This is BS.

I don't agree with the poster, but the "don't bash a site sponsor" bullshit is over the line.....

If he wants a one or two man boycott, who cares? Should let him stay to dig his grave deeper.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#26]
A shit sammich got thrown out for lunch. Bushmaster had to take a big bite and I'm not going to fault them for that. Their overpriced stuff I do fault them for.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Great idea!  Since the anti's couldn't bankrupt Bushmaster, let's boycott them so that WE can bankrupt Bushmaster!  Nothing like doing the work of the devil.

Fucking retard.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I wonder what his next login name will be?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#29]
he is probably a member here that used his troll account to voice his real opinion on the matter
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
goodby troll

dont come back

account locked

Fire mission over

ASSHAT!

ETA - Actually, now that Bushmaster had to pay out big dollars to prevent yet another lawsuit, I think that we all need to go out and buy a Bushmaster product in order to keep a top notch manufacturer in business!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#31]
If you're a troll, go away.

If you're serious, I'm sure your "one-man boycott" will go great.

I'll be buying two bushy lowers this week, so I guess that make up for you buying none.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Just for all this crap, I'm going to order a new Bushy lower.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Well, if you can find their phone number, you should be able to find their website as well. On it, you will find, ina position of prominence, no less, a full and true account of their position on the matter. Please read it and report back.

Heh. Or not, I guess. Jackass.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:20:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The fact of the matter is that Bushmaster caved in and paid out money to crime victims, thus establishing a precedent. This first drop of blood will get the trial lawyer sharks whipped up into a frenzy. Why? Because now they know that they CAN squeeze money out of gun manufacturers with bogus lawsuits.
[snip]

Did you read their open letter to the gun community?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Let's get down to brass tacks...

$550,000 isn't that much much money.

Certainly not enough to whet the appetite of too many class-action lawyers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#36]
wow is this a record time from membership to bannishment?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Should have a new Bushy lower inbound by next week.  I won't fault their decision one bit.  They could give the money to lawyers, or donate the money to victims.  They chose the latter.  That takes a large set of cajones.

While not advocating a boycott, I am afraid that they have set a dangerous precedent.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Ok thats stupid. Bushmaster did not lose the suit. They choose to tell the Brady people to fuck off and they being a upstanding company chose to give some money to the victims.

They did not establish a precedent.

Again, not advocating a boycott, but they did set a bad precedent.  What makes those victims eligible for money from Bushmaster?  Bushmaster did not make a defective product that injured someone, the injuries were from the criminal misuse by a third party.

I think it was a bad move, even though I would not advocate a boycott.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Colt...what is that?  Some type of ArmaLite copy????
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Enjoy your boycot.  I'm going to order a new lower or two.

Great idea!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#41]
They paid $550,000?

They'll make that up in phone and internet sales before 11am tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#42]
How about this:  Log in as your real username and say it like a man.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

“Boycott Bushmaster? Hell no! I love Bushmaster. They make great guns. I will buy two more tomorrow”.

Look, I like Bushmaster’s products too, but then again I liked S&W’s products – I boycotted S&W anyhow.

It will be much more difficult now for us to pass a Gun Manufacturer Immunity law for the entire industry since the anti-gunners can point to this settlement of “proof” that they should be allowed to sue on behalf of the victims. They will parade those victims in front of the liberal media and say, “this poor person would not have been able to get compensation for his losses if we pass a Manufacturer’s Immunity Law”.  Thanks Bushmaster.

The payout of cash to the victims is a tacit admission that somehow manufacturers are guilty for crimes other people commit with their guns. It doesn’t matter if Bushmaster SAYS that it did nothing wrong because actions speak louder than words. If Bushmaster really believed that the Brady Bunch had no case in court, they should have waited it out until the case was dropped.

I don’t know if this case can be saved – I tried calling Bushmaster but they are off office hours. I suggest those of you who are interested do the same. 1 800 998 7928. If Bushmaster can withdraw from this agreement I think the firearms community would stand by them with financial support so that they can fight it out in court until the case is dismissed. Otherwise, I, for one, will boycott Bushmaster.

I know that Bushmaster probably did not think this through when they agreed to it, but it was most certainly a mistake. Bushmaster has been a great supporter of our cause in the past, but they screwed up this time.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Colt...what is that?  Some type of ArmaLite copy????

That's right...and Eagle Arms, I mean Armalite, is to the original Armalite like the last failed rebirth of Indian was to the original Indian.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll buy what you don't.  Business is business.  If you haven't read their response on their webpage, please do.  At least with the way they did it, the majority of the money goes to actual victims instead of trial lawyers (or so they claim, I know nothing about how that works).
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Your a dumbass of the first degree. Read the statement on their website. They didnt 'cave in' They won the case. They had quite a large sum of money left over from lawer fees. Because the people at bushmaster CARE they paid money out to the victims families. They didnt have to do anything and could have easily not paid a penny. They made a point of pointing out the fact that the VPC didnt donate ONE SINGLE CENT to the victims families for support and only served to upset their emotions and use them in an inappropriate manner.

Please research all of the facts before you open your mouth. i.e. Put you mind in gear before you let out the clutch on your mouth.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#48]
>>Your a dumbass in the first degree..."

should be "You are a dumbass in the first degree"; illiterate buffoon.

And yes, I did read Bushmaster's online statement - that's where I got the information.

I have noticed that a few people actually agree that Bushmaster has set a dangerous precedent, but they had to very politely state it with "while I don't agree with a boycott..." lest they get fragged by all the emotional dolts that can only rebut a valid point with vulgarites.

Think about it. Your beloved Bushmaster gave money to people that didn't deserve it. Don't you think the Brady Bunch will come back?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top