Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 4:56:48 PM EDT
A few years back, as a surprise for my dad, I arranged for him to get special veterans' license plates that MA offers with the Bronze Star on them which he got in Normandy. Today I went out to lunch with my folks, and he tells me this story. He had gone to the grocery store with my mom, and was sitting in the car while she shopped (he can't do a lot of walking anymore). All of a sudden, some woman that he'd never seen before walks over to the car and asks if he's a veteran. He says "yes", and she replies "thank you" and walks away. He said it made his day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Good Story!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]

What were the circumstances that earned him the Bronze Star?  Has he ever told you?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top