Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 3:40:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing technical.  They are very well made, accurate and reliable with ball ammo.  That's it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Uhhhh, yeah, that's mine. I,uhhhh, lost it! A long time ago!

Please send it back to its rightful owner.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I think they are just mucous that have gellified....and been ejected from a nostril.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Heard they are not forgiving of weak commercial ammo like Win White Box.  I love the design, but I'm not rich enough to get guns due solely to the 'neat' factor.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Hannah Reich was a member that was a luger collector.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]
From what I gather, it is a standard WW1 Luger.  Pictures are not so good.... Erfort was one of the govenment arsenals making them.

Mine is a 1920 Commercial model.  I recall I bought it for under 300 in 30 luger, as the rifling was so faint.  Bought it to rebarrel, but it is waaaay to accurate to touch.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 1918 Erfurt with all matching serials (except firing pin and magazine) and no import stamps or Nazi symbols which, according to the web, means it was a WWI military bring home.  The finish is worn but ok. Its shoots best with Winchester 115 grain ammo but jams like hell on everything else I've tried.  With the Winchester, it will go 4 or 5 magazines without a stovepipe jam so it is far from reliable.  It is, however, accurate as hell and fun to shoot.  I have been meaning to get it looked at but want to find someone that won't do anything to devalue it.  If anyone knows more, please post.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I know I have been looking for a beat up shooter for years, but am not willing to pay six hundred for one. I don't want to collect it, and I could care absoluely less if it is all matching or has been rebuilt five times. Of course I gues it comes down to they are worth whatever the owner is willing to take, and the buyer is willing to pay, maybe I will one day find someone willing to part with a shooter for the $300-400 I am willing to pay.

+1

I see the guys at Gunshows with a table of these things, but they are always priced in the 4 digits, so it's not even worth looking at them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a 1918 Erfurt with all matching serials (except firing pin and magazine) and no import stamps or Nazi symbols which, according to the web, means it was a WWI military bring home.  The finish is worn but ok. Its shoots best with Winchester 115 grain ammo but jams like hell on everything else I've tried.  With the Winchester, it will go 4 or 5 magazines without a stovepipe jam so it is far from reliable.  It is, however, accurate as hell and fun to shoot.  I have been meaning to get it looked at but want to find someone that won't do anything to devalue it.  If anyone knows more, please post.

Shoot Fiocchi Brand Ammo it may work better...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#11]
A Luger is like a damn good looking high maintenance woman. They are expensive and know they are worth it, very particular about what makes them function, and are difficult to put up with.  I've had three and kept one. I took a financial ass whipping on all three. The one I kept I have right at $1200 in and I don't shoot it exactly because of that reason. But it looks good.

rk
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top