Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 2:30:11 PM EDT
As many of you may have figured out I'm working this summer at Disneyland between consulting gigs.  I picked Parking and Trams, because, it's outside, get some exercise although mostly walking and not near as freaking repititive as most other jobs.

Anyhow I'm on the back of a tram yesterday and there are three obvious arabic/middle=eastern young men get on in the row a few rows ahead of me.  (Appearance, accent, conversation, Allah Ahckbar necklace, etc)  Hardly anybody else, middle of a very hot and humid afternoon, so we joke a bit as we got out to the lot.  

they get off and as we come back to the main plaza, I see it.  Cellphone on the "forgotten" on the seat.  "Aw shit" rewind memory, yes I had seen them using it, well that's good.   CAll the lead and driver back "look"  Yeah, what about it" "Left by 3 young Moslem men,"  "Yeah, so"  "9/11"  jaws drop. "I think it's ok, they were talking on it."  so I picked it up gave it to the lead, "Tag your it", you can take it to Lost and Found, the "bin" or call Security, I don't think it will explode if you put it down but you can never tell."  I got one of those looks I usually get from Ma Danby.  Turned out to be a cell phone.

My leads aren't sure what to make of me, I point out all the covert security precautions and what they guard against.  And how to tell when the level goes up.  We were a few notches up yesterday. I congratulated a few guys that just graduated from MCRD"How could you tell?"  I can tell
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I wasn't even thinking about that last night when we went downtown to eat.

But my wife was very watchful and she noticed the police presence on the pedestrian mall was stepped up.

Luckily no incidents.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
One just moved into our neighborhood.  Female was walking up the block in a fucking burka and her face was covered.  There goes the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I didnt know you worked there!!! Next time I will go wearing my ARFCOM shirt and Ill give you a heads up the night before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top