Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 1:50:38 PM EDT
How do I build one? Sorry If I got any ones hopes up. Do you think a co2 cartrige would have enough power to propell one? Do they make RPG parts kits? or blank fireing replicas?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
[spelling police]Did you perhaps means an RPG-7? :D [/spelling police]

Check out this website... the Softair junkies have beat you to the punch:

www.renegaderecon.com/article_details.php?id=30

Only $1228.00 plus shipping!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#2]
that thing shoots lumps of foam and clusters of BBs. I want something with a little kick.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few M31s laying around,and was thinking about the same thing. I think the way to go would be a cheap single shot rifle with a M16 flash hider mounted to it. But rifle grenades generate a lot of recoil so I don't know about shoulder fire.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
i fired an m31 from a pre ban ar15 twice, from the sholder. little bruseing nothing else. fired it twice befor it bounced into a pond. still got like 8 cartriges left. are you willing to sell one of your m31's?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How do I build one? Sorry If I got any ones hopes up. Do you think a co2 cartrige would have enough power to propell one? Do they make RPG parts kits? or blank fireing replicas?

RPG would be a destructive device by merit of tube size...

Also, the tube is not designed to handle pressure, so a firearm system would not work... Remember, the RPG ignites in the tube, and is self propelled (hence ROCKET propelled grenade).

You'd have to RYO inert rocket, and the permissable propellant is very limited....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I just checked I've got two in pretty good shape I get the camera out tomorrow and post a pic . One of the M31's fin are bent up a little.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks, I used to have one, but I only got to fire it twice befor it bounced into a pond and i never saw it again.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
ok, this is what I was thinking of,
Buy a .308 16" bbl with a nato Flash supressor or Grenade launcher, and bolt with firing pin. Hook some kind of hammer/ trigger mechignism up to the bolt. place it inside the launch tube so only afew inches stick out of the muzzle. Basicly makeing a single shot rifle that I can use cheap 7.62mm blanks in, and fire rifle grenadeds off of.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ok, this is what I was thinking of,
Buy a .308 16" bbl with a nato Flash supressor or Grenade launcher, and bolt with firing pin. Hook some kind of hammer/ trigger mechignism up to the bolt. place it inside the launch tube so only afew inches stick out of the muzzle. Basicly makeing a single shot rifle that I can use cheap 7.62mm blanks in, and fire rifle grenadeds off of.

Or you could find a FR-8 which I think has the right flash hider [HK type] mounted allready. I post that pic as soon as my dumb ass fiqures out how to post one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top