Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 9:44:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that a 30mm red dot site?  I can't find any in the fun stores for less than $100.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I dunno, I'm completely oblivious to aimpoints. As I said I'm an eotech person. Please educate me
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#3]
What you have there is the predecessor of the Comp M2.  That is the model you see mounted on the Delta M4's in the movie "Blackhawk Down".  The original Comp models were in wide use in the military before the M2 was released a few years ago.  There are actually a few of the older models still floating around judging from the military pics from Iraq.

The differences between the CompM and the CompM2 are that the M2 has a higher battery life, the M2 has a "crisper" dot, and a few more things that I can't think of at the moment.

The CompM is a great sight.  The mount that is on the sight now is a $150 or so mount by itself.  The other mount appears to be an Aimpoint factory ring and is not worth much.

Most of the CompM's I have seen for sale have been selling in the $250 range so you did VERY VERY well.

Raven, yes it is 30mm and it is a red dot sight.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I just hope it's not one of those cheap Tacpoint knock offs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just hope it's not one of those cheap Tacpoint knock offs.

No it's marked AIMPOINT and it says Made in sweden
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you loudly scold the $2000 gouger for his blatant dumbassness?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did you loudly scold the $2000 gouger for his blatant dumbassness?

I know the guy. He's a complete and utter asshole. He has a styer aug for $5999 (on sale btw)
3-7infantry gave him a piece of his mind a while ago. At the last gunshow that asshole was CONVINCED that the AWB was going to be renewed. (this was well after march 2nd 2004)
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What you have there is the predecessor of the Comp M2.  That is the model you see mounted on the Delta M4's in the movie "Blackhawk Down".  The original Comp models were in wide use in the military before the M2 was released a few years ago.  There are actually a few of the older models still floating around judging from the military pics from Iraq.

The differences between the CompM and the CompM2 are that the M2 has a higher battery life, the M2 has a "crisper" dot, and a few more things that I can't think of at the moment.

The CompM is a great sight.  The mount that is on the sight now is a $150 or so mount by itself.  The other mount appears to be an Aimpoint factory ring and is not worth much.

Most of the CompM's I have seen for sale have been selling in the $250 range so you did VERY VERY well.

Thank you very much! Do you happen to know some detailed specs too? like what kind of batterylife I can expect?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you very much! Do you happen to know some detailed specs too? like what kind of batterylife I can expect?

The battery life of the M2 is around 10,000 hours.  The CompM model had around 3,500-5,000 if I remember correctly.  It has MORE than enough for what you will be using it for, I'm sure (unless you plan on going into combat and leaving it on 24/7).

You scored a fantastic deal.  The KAC mount alone is worth more than you paid for the whole package.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The other mount appears to be an Aimpoint factory ring and is not worth much.

Is the factory mount any good? I'm sticking with the Knights mount, but i'd be nice to know. (plus the factory mount sits a lot lower)
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Did they bake it longer?    Is it sharper also?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#13]
i have a compM that i bought used at a gunshow a couple years ago.  i'm still on the battery it came with.  i think i paid around $250 for it.  my only complaint is that the dot is too big.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#14]
If you got the CompM or the CompM-XD you have two settings for night vision.

Discontinued Aimpoint Sights
CompM/ML
CompM/ML XD
www.aimpoint.com/o.o.i.s?id=46&prev_id=46&product_id=80
www.aimpoint.com/o.o.i.s?id=46&prev_id=46&product_id=84
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#16]
You came across a terrific deal!
I've been looking for an Aimpoint like that!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:23:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
www.aimpoint.com/upload/products/discontinued_products/manualer/compold.gif

Well according to that, I was WAYYYY off on the battery life.

Oh, and skid... fuck off.
When we going to shoot my no-ban?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:24:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The other mount appears to be an Aimpoint factory ring and is not worth much.

Is the factory mount any good? I'm sticking with the Knights mount, but i'd be nice to know. (plus the factory mount sits a lot lower)

The factory mount will work just fine but the Knights is a MUCH better mount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top