Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 6:59:18 AM EDT
I would like to thank all those instrumental in passing the 1994 AWB.

While this law did nothing to protect the public, stop crime or protect police officers, it did have many other profound, lasting effects.

In 1994 I was like everyone else, paying my taxes, going about my life.  While I grew up with guns, I didn't even own one.  I wasn't anti-gun, but I wasn't what you would call pro-gun either.

The 1994 Assault Weapon Ban was a WAKE UP CALL for me, and hundreds of thousands of other Americans.  I was witness to raw government power, power intent on controlling it's citizens and ensuring they were powerless to protect themselves from criminals and the government itself.

Due to the AWB, I started buying guns, getting involved in the politics.  I joined the NRA, followed by the GOA, JPFO and even got elected to the board of a State group fighting the tyranny.  I found AR15.com and became part of a community.   I met fellow shooters and made many close friends.   Eventually, I bought a safe to house my growing collection of weapons, including more than a half dozen so-called 'assault weapons' and thousands of rounds of ammunition.   I became interested in the broader study of just how precarious our society and safety really is.  I moved to another State to obtain more rights, such as concealed carry.   Many us of chose to go with more powerful handguns, since the magazines carried less bullets.  This means more bad guys go to the morgue instead of the hospital.

So I have a lot to be thankful for.   I am far better prepared to protect my family, I have many close friends, I am politically active and all this is thanks to the 1994 AWB.

Clinton, Brady, Shumer, Feinstein, Boxer - if it weren't for people like you trying to take away our Freedoms, how many of us would even be aware of the threats?

I believe our population as a whole is now much better armed and prepared to deal with anything, such as terrorist strikes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Nicely said!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Amen brother, preach on!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:10:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I believe our population as a whole is now much better armed and prepared to deal with anything, such as terrorist strikes.

Yep, and in the case you and your ilk ever try to pull this BS again.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
See my sig line.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#6]
It seems for me the more unConsitutional laws regarding the 2A they pass/try and pass, the faster my collection grows.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if these fucktards actually realize how many firearm sales they were directly responsible for...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#8]
A real wake up call!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It seems for me the more unConsitutional laws regarding the 2A they pass/try and pass, the faster my collection grows.

+1, I'd have been happy with one, maybe two ARs had there never been a ban.
Now I need one of each, just in case.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#12]
makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that there are MORE eeeeeeeeeeeeevil assault rifles out there now that they banned them than there were before the ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[nelson] HA! HA! [/nelson]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#13]
The AWB brought the 1911 back to life, thats for sure.  Well written piece, the dems did sell alot of guns.  What a bunch of dumbasses.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#14]
A dealer told me a few years ago that America was re-arming herself.  I think we hear the call to duty when our country is headed in the wrong direction.  If Gore was elected (which would mean the election was stolen for real) there's no telling what we'd be doing today.  The gungrabbers sure were a big wake-up call that unified many of us.  The ones that they fear the most too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#15]
fight4yourrights wrote: "I would like to thank all those instrumental in passing the 1994 AWB....."

Outstanding FFYrights! Elequently said. Keep up the good fight and remember those who oppose freedom are joined through tyrrany, and those those who fight for freedom are joined through freedom itself.

Check out my article on the AWB:  

AWB ARTICLE
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, I do indeed concur. Prior to the ban, I did own a few arms, but nowhere near as many as now. I had only considered an AR or AK, nothing much else. This definitely raised my gun consciousness to a new level, & am nearly the proverbial 'army of one' w/ my collection (still growing, BTW). This has only heightened my need to pursue small arms collection, not only as a hobby, but as an exercise of my rights. You know what htye say: use it or lose.

Gonna use it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#17]
They learned the law of unintended consequences
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Well stated.  Reflects some of the impact it had on my life.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They learned the law of unintended consequences

Exactly, tell a bunch of hard headed Americans that they DON'T NEED or SHOULDN'T WANT assault weapons.  Then go a step further and restrict and prohibit such weapons.  Big mistake.

There are a lot of AR's in closets that are cherry, may never even have been fired once, because of this bullshit.  They actually did us a favor by kicking us in the nuts.  Now we don't trust them plus we are much better organized.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#20]
got to thank the AWB for the innovative subcompact handguns designed around the 10rd mag!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:21:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Just as my conservative, but non shooter,  mom owns a 9mm with 15 round mags,  because of the  Brady Bill.

I had to see what this AR-15 thing was about before they were totally banned.  If it weren't for the AWB I would have been completely happy with my hunting rifles and shotguns.  I wouldn't have come to ar15.com to see how I could assemble my own to save money and learn how it works at the same time.

Now they are talking of banning .50 BMGs.  Lord help my bank account!

Kent
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Very well said.  The law of unintented consequenses will defeat the liberals every time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Count me in as one of the "I probably wouldn't own an AR-15 right now had it not been for the ban" people.

--Mike

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Between teh AWb and CLintons lying to the AMerican people undeterred, BOTH got me active politically.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Count me in as one of the "I probably wouldn't own an AR-15 right now had it not been for the ban" people.

Same here, Mike.  I wouldn't have owned an AR of it weren't for the traitors' needs to restrict the ownership of semi-autos.  Now I have a closet full of evil semi-auto rilfes and "high capacity ammunition feedeing devices."
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes, well said.

I was too young to buy any firearms in 1994, but I remember the ban being on my mind at the time. I too was never a hardcore gun rights advocate, though I have always been pro gun rights/freedom for as long as I can remember.

I remember coming to AR15.com in mid 1999 and finding out about SB23. The more posts I read here, the more angry I became. I looked into the proposed ban and vowed I'd buy an AR. I scraped and saved every dollar I could and made sure to buy one as soon as I was legally able.

Thanks to the anti freedom POS politicians and more so this site, I am much more politically aware and active now. I don't have the dozens of guns since money is tight for me, but I have turned many people who were previously anti or indifferent into at least supportive of gun rights and ownership.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Check out my article on the AWB:  

AWB ARTICLE

Good article.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:58:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:04:16 AM EDT
[#29]
You should send this into a non-libral news paper if you can find one.

Quoted:
I would like to thank all those instrumental in passing the 1994 AWB.

While this law did nothing to protect the public, stop crime or protect police officers, it did have many other profound, lasting effects.

In 1994 I was like everyone else, paying my taxes, going about my life.  While I grew up with guns, I didn't even own one.  I wasn't anti-gun, but I wasn't what you would call pro-gun either.

The 1994 Assault Weapon Ban was a WAKE UP CALL for me, and hundreds of thousands of other Americans.  I was witness to raw government power, power intent on controlling it's citizens and ensuring they were powerless to protect themselves from criminals and the government itself.

Due to the AWB, I started buying guns, getting involved in the politics.  I joined the NRA, followed by the GOA, JPFO and even got elected to the board of a State group fighting the tyranny.  I found AR15.com and became part of a community.   I met fellow shooters and made many close friends.   Eventually, I bought a safe to house my growing collection of weapons, including more than a half dozen so-called 'assault weapons' and thousands of rounds of ammunition.   I became interested in the broader study of just how precarious our society and safety really is.  I moved to another State to obtain more rights, such as concealed carry.   Many us of chose to go with more powerful handguns, since the magazines carried less bullets.  This means more bad guys go to the morgue instead of the hospital.

So I have a lot to be thankful for.   I am far better prepared to protect my family, I have many close friends, I am politically active and all this is thanks to the 1994 AWB.

Clinton, Brady, Shumer, Feinstein, Boxer - if it weren't for people like you trying to take away our Freedoms, how many of us would even be aware of the threats?

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:57:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here, Mike.  I wouldn't have owned an AR of it weren't for the traitors' needs to restrict the ownership of semi-autos.  Now I have a closet full of evil semi-auto rilfes and "high capacity ammunition feedeing devices."

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#31]
So when do mag prices drop for NIW non-LEO mags?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top