Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 6:52:34 AM EDT
For those of you who missed the AWB debate on PBS last week over the (non)renewal of the AWB, I just caught a blurb on CNN that they're going to do it again tomorrow evening on the Lou Dobbs show.

Should be interesting.  Craig came out a little ahead in the first debate on PBS, in my opinion, but I suspect Feinstein will have her act a bit more together tomorrow.  If I recall, the Dobbs show airs at 6PM Eastern (don't usually watch CNN)
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]

If I were Craig I wouldn't show up. The Clinton Gun Ban is dead - there's nothing to discuss.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If I were Craig I wouldn't show up. The Clinton Gun Ban is dead - there's nothing to discuss.

The issue is NOT dead.  You have to believe that Feinstein/Shumer, and their cronies will reintroduce this next session, and recent polls suggest that the majority of the (uneducated) population favor renewal of the ban. Bush, whom I'm assuming will be re elected, will have no reason to keep gun owners happy, and could concievably even start pressuring Congress to pass a bill. After all, he has said, and repeated, that he favors the ban.

This is not an issue that is going to go away
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The issue is NOT dead.  You have to believe that Feinstein/Shumer, and their cronies will reintroduce this next session, and recent polls suggest that the majority of the (uneducated) population favor renewal of the ban. Bush, whom I'm assuming will be re elected, will have no reason to keep gun owners happy, and could concievably even start pressuring Congress to pass a bill. After all, he has said, and repeated, that he favors the ban.

This is not an issue that is going to go away

Those polls were conducted in the fucking ghettos.  Who gives a shit what they indicate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Craige needs to be there to call her on whatever crap she tries to spew. One thing about liberals, they need to taken straight on, no apologies. Be nice, & they'll persist in cliche, hyperbole & hysterics, & downright lies.

Does she really believe that the 2nd is a hunting right? A state right to establish a National Guard? Don't think so. The founders didn't go to all this trouble just so we could all go hunting, & the National Guard wasn't established until the 20th century. I doubt the founders saw that coming. Nice try, but wrong. What the founders did understand was that absolute power corrupts absolutely, & that spreading the power around some would prevent any one entity from gaining absolute authority in this nation - at least, not w/o one hell of a fight. Of course, don't take my word for it. Just ask ex-history Prof. Michael Bellisiles, who tried to pass off the 'National Guard-only' lie in his book. Ask him. Just don't ask him for any references. They're sitting all wet & soggy in his basement, so you won't be able to read them. But, you can take his word for it, just like the Bancroft Prize committee did. I'm sure he won't mind.

The 2nd was not granted to us. It is a Constitutionally-recognized, inalienable right. In such cases, popular opinion matters not. We have the right to possess the power to keep dictatorial gov't at bay, & to protect ourselves. Deal w/ it.

I'm pretty well convinced that Ms. Sweinswein knows exactly what she's trying to do: to force her personal will on us; to decide for us what we need; to decide for us, period. Sorry - not gonna happen. Craige needs to be there to call her on it when she throws out the 'machine guns & grenade launchers will be sold out the back of car trunks on all the street corners of America'-bullsh!t; when she tries the use the '2nd Amend. = hunting rights-only' argument; when she lies about crime rates being reduced by the AWB; when she denies that millions of AR;s, AK's, FAL's, etc., etc., are out there right now, owned & used responsibly by citizens all over this country.

No. Someone definitely needs to be there to call her on her crap. She should never be allowed to go up on a pulpit unchallenged & lie w/o rebuke. She needs to be made 'upset' (as she often cries) by someone calling her on it. No free rides. Not for her.

Turn them in?
I don't think so.

Pary on, Wayne. Party on, Garth.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#7]
dang it man.....that is a good speech.

you should keep that on file.

OH....and I agree with every word of it.

Pilk
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:35:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I thought the brady bill was dead when I went to bed, the bob dole saved the day for it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#9]
tagged. I want to see this
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]
If a President doesn't "re-affirm" the untarnished 2nd Amendment - the 2nd will always be a target. But then again if they outlawed alcohol then repealed it I guess the 2nd will ALWAYS be in play.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I have thought about this for a long time. What we need to do, whenever she or shumer or levin starts with their anti-gun crap, is always say "Great Idea! Let's ban export of those guns to Isreal for five years, and make sure your plan works before we ban them here."

Quoted:
Craige needs to be there to call her on whatever crap she tries to spew. One thing about liberals, they need to taken straight on, no apologies. Be nice, & they'll persist in cliche, hyperbole & hysterics, & downright lies.

Does she really believe that the 2nd is a hunting right? A state right to establish a National Guard? Don't think so. The founders didn't go to all this trouble just so we could all go hunting, & the National Guard wasn't established until the 20th century. I doubt the founders saw that coming. Nice try, but wrong. What the founders did understand was that absolute power corrupts absolutely, & that spreading the power around some would prevent any one entity from gaining absolute authority in this nation - at least, not w/o one hell of a fight. Of course, don't take my word for it. Just ask ex-history Prof. Michael Bellisiles, who tried to pass off the 'National Guard-only' lie in his book. Ask him. Just don't ask him for any references. They're sitting all wet & soggy in his basement, so you won't be able to read them. But, you can take his word for it, just like the Bancroft Prize committee did. I'm sure he won't mind.

The 2nd was not granted to us. It is a Constitutionally-recognized, inalienable right. In such cases, popular opinion matters not. We have the right to possess the power to keep dictatorial gov't at bay, & to protect ourselves. Deal w/ it.

I'm pretty well convinced that Ms. Sweinswein knows exactly what she's trying to do: to force her personal will on us; to decide for us what we need; to decide for us, period. Sorry - not gonna happen. Craige needs to be there to call her on it when she throws out the 'machine guns & grenade launchers will be sold out the back of car trunks on all the street corners of America'-bullsh!t; when she tries the use the '2nd Amend. = hunting rights-only' argument; when she lies about crime rates being reduced by the AWB; when she denies that millions of AR;s, AK's, FAL's, etc., etc., are out there right now, owned & used responsibly by citizens all over this country.

No. Someone definitely needs to be there to call her on her crap. She should never be allowed to go up on a pulpit unchallenged & lie w/o rebuke. She needs to be made 'upset' (as she often cries) by someone calling her on it. No free rides. Not for her.

Turn them in?
I don't think so.

Pary on, Wayne. Party on, Garth.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#13]
We need to stop relying on crime statistics to prove our point. If I need to tell you why, you might be too ignorant to begin with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top