Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 5:35:53 AM EDT
Pinned on Bushmaster AK muzzle brake?? I would like to know so I can remove it and replace the brake with a 5.5" FH.

Thanks
AKASL
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Come on ....... someone must know where the pin was placed ........... This is ARFCOM the home of the all knowing AR gurus.

AKASL

P.S. Two more posts and I am at 100!!!

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#2]
You may have to sand on it a bit to see the pin.  I'm sure it's hard to find.

It may be welded on. If it is,  when you sand it down a bit, you'll be able to see the small round weld.  It will probably have to be drilled out.  Then you still have the problem of turning the barrel down to .499 in order to thread it to 28 X 1/2".  That is, unless it's already threaded.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know who I could ask on where to locate the pin to be removed so that I can replace the muzzle brake with a FH?

AKASL

P.S. 1 more post to hit 100!!! I hope I don't have to waste it on a BTT post.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:05:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You may have to sand on it a bit to see the pin.  I'm sure it's hard to find.

It may be welded on. If it is,  when you sand it down a bit, you'll be able to see the small round weld.  It will probably have to be drilled out.  Then you still have the problem of turning the barrel down to .499 in order to thread it to 28 X 1/2".  That is, unless it's already threaded.

Thank You rn45. I believe the barrel already has threads because there is a peel washer present between the barrel and brake.

AKASL

Post number 100 was a Thank You post. I guess I didn't waste it after all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top