Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 8:21:13 PM EDT
I was doing my weekend gun store run-around just checking to see if any new things had come in. I was thinking about getting a new Winchester 94 as its one of those guns every American should own somtime in there life Anyway the local 'bigger' dealer had one for $300 and this was their normal price. I went over to Wallyworld and they had one for $264 (same gun too...Ranger 20" model). So I said what the hell I'll take it. The guy working scanned the tag and said that the computer was telling hime there weren't any out back but I could take the display model. He then scans it again in the computer and then told me it was on clearance for $199! (something to do about getting rid of them...don't know why but I didn't ask questions). Well after the paperwork I took it home along with a few box's of ammo. Shoots great!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Great gun! I know most purist wouldn't want to scope that rifle but I like a rifle that at least will accept a scope.  That's why the Marlin is my choice for a lever action. Side eject vs top eject.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Great recon job!  I've always had a fondness for leever guns.  Esp. after seeing "The Last Samuri"  I've had a craving for a '94 Trapper in .45 Colt!!!

Range report ASAP.

Oh yeah, This thread is worthless without pics!!

PS.  did you get yer permit yet??
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#3]
death to the small FFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Great gun! I know most purist wouldn't want to scope that rifle but I like a rifle that at least will accept a scope.  That's why the Marlin is my choice for a lever action. Side eject vs top eject.

Actually I believe a scope can be mounted on it (at least newer models). It does eject them more to the side then straight up. I have no plans to mount a scope as I like the looks of the gun with out one The trigger supprised me quite a bit. After that pre-travel take up (sort of like my 2 stage AR trigger) there is almost no creep. Trigger feels around 8 lbs or so but its quite crisp.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it a preban,postban or sunset?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Great recon job!  I've always had a fondness for leever guns.  Esp. after seeing "The Last Samuri"  I've had a craving for a '94 Trapper in .45 Colt!!!

I've never seen the movie, but I got one of these about six months ago although I think my sale price was about $299.  It's a neat shooter, but pretty expensive if you don't reload.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Range report ASAP.

Oh yeah, This thread is worthless without pics!!

PS.  did you get yer permit yet??

I plan to go back to the range with my rest to make sure its sighted in (and I'll get some pics too). And no haven't got my CCW permit yet (waiting on some signatures from home county). Hopefully get it all taken care of in a week or two.

Quoted:
death to the small FFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I know but there are only 4 dealers in the area (one including Walmart) and two others didn't have one and the one that did wasn't really a small dealer (Scheels if you are familiar with that branch). There prices can be some what ridicules (not compared to Walmart but to this other much smaller store). I bought my 1911 at the smaller store and plan to get any other pistols there too as they are priced nice and are much more friendlier to deal with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top