Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 7:31:34 PM EDT
In a single moment, large chunks of the inventories of gun shops and dealers will decrease in value.
Suddenly, "prebans" will only have a higher value in certain States.

The only people who will want " M-4geries" with "Faux flash hiders" will live in those states, as well.

I'm just curoius as to how this will affect the gun market in general.
Think about how popular these weapons became AFTER the ban.  Look at Bushmaster's sales.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They will stay the same. I don't think there will be a significant surge in gun buying.

People in general do not know much about the AWB and how it affects gun buying.

Those who do buy guns will get accessories more than guns with "pre-ban" features I think.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
not an expert, but because of the demand prices will go up in the begining, but once the manufacturers start meeting demands and competition starts settling in for customers, we will see prices drop significantly.  Maybe not pre 94 prices but hopefully 6-700 for complete rifle.

just my 2 pennies
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They will stay the same. I don't think there will be a significant surge in gun buying.

People in general do not know much about the AWB and how it affects gun buying.

Those who do buy guns will get accessories more than guns with "pre-ban" features I think.

+1

The distributers will not take a hit because of state level AWB's.

THe only thing might be that post ban guns in states without state level AWB' might sell for cost, just to get get them gone, and for the dealer to recoup their actual cost.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't predict a surge, but who's going to buy a rifle with "post ban" features, when one with the real deal will be just as cheap?

Those rifles, or uppers, will drop in sales.
...therefore in value.
The entire value, then, of a dealer's invetory will drop.
What does this mean?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
not an expert, but because of the demand prices will go up in the begining, but once the manufacturers start meeting demands and competition starts settling in for customers, we will see prices drop significantly.  Maybe not pre 94 prices but hopefully 6-700 for complete rifle.

just my 2 pennies

Never happen

Dealer cost for a Bushy is more than $700, so look at $850 and up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Forget about NEW demand.
What about the LACK of demand for the Post ban weapons?
Will they all just migrate to the unFREE states?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Forget about NEW demand.

I don't know if the majority of people in the US, even gun owners, are aware of what is post-ban and what has "pre-ban" features. I think dealers are counting on this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Forget about NEW demand.

What might happen (and it would be a good thing for retailers and distributers) is that the distributers let dealers exchange all NIB post bans for nobans i the states that allow then, and resell then post guns to states wit hstate level AWB's.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Nah, the dealers will keep the same prices and press the "buy before the next ban" BS
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nah, the dealers will keep the same prices and press the "buy before the next ban" BS

+1

Never ever seen a gun dealer lower a price tag .. They will think of some stupid gunshow scare story to justify a higher price for the Xban postban prebans....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top