Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 7:14:52 PM EDT
Thanks, folks for all the fun I've had getting to 1000.  I've got to admit, though, it's a wierd day to celebrate anything--especially after I stumbled on this picture yesterday:

Thirty-nine inverted rifles, helmets and boots symbolize the Marines and sailors of the 1st Marine Division, who gave the ultimate sacrifice in Operation Iraqi Freedom, during a memorial ceremony Oct. 10, 2003, held at Camp Pendleton, Calif. The service gave Marines, friends and families a chance to gather and bid a final farewell to the 39 fallen warriors. An identical service was held at the Marine Air/Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms, Calif., on Oct. 7, because several Division units are based there. The Division served as the ground combat element of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force during Operation Iraqi Freedom. All Division units have returned to the United States.

Granted, it's an old picture....but all I can think of is, man, that's a lot of boots; a lot of dads, sons, husbands and brothers who aren't coming home.

God bless our fallen; may we be worthy of their sacrifice, and may we never, EVER forget why it is necessary.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 A worthy 1000th post.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Well done.  I'll say this is the best 1000th post I've seen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well done.  I'll say this is the best 1000th post I've seen.

Particularly for the date on which it was posted.

Here's to 10,000 more posts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top