Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 4:59:51 PM EDT
I made a trip to one and got some stuff I have been wanting.

So who all went and how was prices, saw a few decent prices here, some cheaper "Prebans" but alot of there were priced high.  Seems a few dealers are denying the AWB sunset like a Liberal denies logic.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I skipped the one today. I am gonna go to the next one that comes after the ban though fo sho.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I skipped the one today. I am gonna go to the next one that comes after the ban though fo sho.

How were prices related to AWB stuff?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to the Phoenix show. Some good stuff, not even close to what I was looking for. There were some really great deals( 16" A2 Bushmaster $649) Glocks & Sigs at low prices I have never seen. And, everyone is taking orders for hi-cap mags for pistols. Factory hi-cap Sig P229 in 40 S&W for $32.95!!!! YOWZA !

The end of the ban is SWEET!!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Went to the Phoenix CrossRoads show. Bought me a too-expensive AimPoint replica, which seems to be of decent quality. If not, it will be returned and I'll have to save up another hundred or so for an EOTech (I'll know for sure once I shoot my AR on Tuesday). Other than that, I just got some odds and ends. Needed a few snap-caps in different calibers, so I got those. Got a chamber brush for my new AR, front sight adustment tool, gas tube cleaners, etc. Just crap, basically. Didn't really notice mag prices because most everything there was off-brand junk (MADE IN ARGENTINA!!! ). I'll wait for a good LEO friend of mine to put in an order for some more 30 rounders. If he trusts his life to them on drug busts and other high-profile details, I will too. He's got a few he's gonna give me tomorrow evening (9pm our time the ban sets). One has that magic word ("Colt") on it.

Speaking of Colt, I saw a Colt 4 position stock at the fun show. $175! I laughed at the guy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
One has that magic word ("Colt") on it.

I saw one of those, it was $45 dollars today.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you go with Lightning_P38???
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did you go with Lightning_P38???

Yea
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One has that magic word ("Colt") on it.

I saw one of those, it was $45 dollars today.

Really? Bummer. I'm getting mine for free. Granted, it's been well used (since he's SAU/SWAT, he rides some of his stuff a little rough), but it still functions great. Made in '99. The other one he said he had for me was made in December of last year. Brand spankin' new! The other 4 that I need I'll have to buy myself.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I went to the one at the North Atlanta Trade center this morning. I haven't been to a show in years... I just went to look around and see if anyone would take a bite at the gun I had for sale.

Well, it was a timewarp to the 1990's for me. It looked like nothing had changed for the dealers.

One dealer told me the Steyr SPP I was carrying would be available everywhere next week. I tried to explain it was stopped with an exectuive order from clinton because the '89 import didn't apply to it...and he wouldn't believe me. It was like talking to a kerry voter.

No more gun shows for me.

Scott

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Ours was canceled

The South Florida Fair Grounds Expo Center is being used as a hurricane relief center.

I have to wait two more weeks for the one at the War Memorial Auditorium.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I went to the Phoenix show, looking for someone who would either let me put a deposit down on a Colt 6920 and purchase it on Tuesday or order one for me to be purchased after the ban sunsets.

Pretty much all I found was a bunch of misinformation and speculation. Oh, and a LOT of "pre-ban" stuff at very high prices.

One guy (class three dealer) told me he's not doing anything until he gets a letter from the ATF pertaining to the sale of guns marked "Law Enforcement Only". He also said he's waiting to hear from Colt if they approve of the LE marked guns or guns with the "evil" features in general being sold to civillians. He said he's not going to risk his distributorship OR his license, because he has to much at stake.

Another guy (regular dealer..one of the largest at the show) told me Colt already said they did NOT want guns with "evil" features being sold to civilians and that it would be illegal to sell the "Law Enforcement Only" guns because the federal excise tax was never paid on these guns and the ATF wasn't going to allow the tax to be paid after the sunset due to paperwork hassles.
He told me he had a ton of bushmaster rifles coming in next wednesday and to call him on monday if I wanted a bushy M4.

A third person told me to come buy his shop and he would order a 6920 for me, that his distributor had them in stock and there would be no problem selling it.

A check of the local stores turned up more of the same. One guy who actually has the guns in stock said he wasn't even going to TALK about the lifting of the ban until tuesday and that even if it does lift he's doing nothing until approved by the ATF. Another store told me that "Law Enforcement Only" marked guns are all full auto and won't be legal after the ban lifts anyway he He then said he won't sell any guns that are marked LE only and I should wait until he gets new stock in. After his performance, I wouldn't buy a box of ammo from the guy let alone a gun.

I'm going to go talk to the guy who said he could order one for me and if that doesn't pan out, I'm going to hold hope for the Tucson show next week after the ban has expired.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be going to the Georgia Mountian show when it comes around in October.  Until then I'm saving for some new toys.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#13]
BushJumper, I overheard some woman at a dealer telling customers that the ban doesn't set until Tuesday at Midnight. I wanted to correct her, but thought I'd rather let her lose sales due to her ignorance rather than make a scene. She's off by TWO days! Personally, since AZ is about 3 hours behind the East coast, I'll be assembling my AR at about 9/10PM tomorrow evening (after I watch the AWBanSunSet clock hit Zero, of course!). Glad I got my stuff ordered a few months ago.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm waiting for Knob Creek.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I went to the National Gun Day show in Louisville today.  Saw some prices fairly reasonable, AK's for $450, instead of $1000, some "old used" SP1's for $900.  Saw a lot of dealers fixing to lose their ass, still trying to sell AR's for $1400, etc.

Mag prices dropping, but no real deals.  I bought AK and 10mm ammo, and came home.

Michael
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Ammo was pretty slack at the show we went to.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I came.
I saw.
I spent.
I always find some trinkets or baubles I just can't live without. Nobody here is budging on prebans yet that I can see.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought about going brilloheads show in Louisville,but went instead to local funshop,I picked up a good condition 1898 Krag for $325.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ammo was the main reason I went, my trunk was awfully light on the way home. I saw a few WASR hicaps right around $300, .

That's about the market price for them right now. The local sporting goods disount store stocks them for 350, and I've seen them at funshows for 300. If the didn't say CAI on the side, I'd be tempted.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#22]
It sucked here in El Paso, except for some ammo.  One private sale looked promising, he wanted $600 for two, normal 30 round capacity WASR-10s.  I wasn't interested, but if I was, I would've offered $450, 500 tops.  

There was a guy selling a pre ban 98% Colt shorty with collapsable stock for $2250.  SKS in the $350 range, MAK 90s in the $450 range, most postban ARs were at or over $1000.  The only cheap one I saw was an Oly cast receiver plinker for $550.  

I left without buying anything, which is unusual.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Once again, I wasted $4 at the show in Mobile, AL.  

Woody
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Gunshow was typical BS, a few lower prices on some mags from some dealers but they still want $30.00 at least and there were a few still wanting $70 to $100 for glock mags.  Most prebans were still $1300 or better.  What a joke.  Some nice AR mags for $10-$12 each.  It was the Portland, Oregon show.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Went to the show in Medina, OH today and found out two things.

(1) Prices are still high for "pre-ban" items, although some dealers are actually acknowledging that the ban will end.

(2) Gunowners as a whole are generally ignorant about laws and conversations generally turn into a "my dick is bigger than yours" comparison. For example in the parking lot someone was excited that once the ban expires, he could turn his rifle into full auto . Not to be outdone the next guy starts claiming how easy it was to turn a Glock into full auto with just a few taps here and there ....  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Another guy (regular dealer..one of the largest at the show) told me Colt already said they did NOT want guns with "evil" features being sold to civilians and that it would be illegal to sell the "Law Enforcement Only" guns because the federal excise tax was never paid on these guns and the ATF wasn't going to allow the tax to be paid after the sunset due to paperwork hassles.

He told me he had a ton of bushmaster rifles coming in next wednesday and to call him on monday if I wanted a bushy M4.

Now that is funny! I'd like to use that one next time I buy Class 3 items. "Sorry BATFE...I don't want to pay the tax due to paperwork hassles."
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I went to the Middletown NY Show.  Some dealers had actually cut the price of used 30rd AR15 mags in half, $15 each and well used UI 20rd mags for $10!  Some dealers still had them for $35-$45 each.  The biggest laugh of the day was the big AR15 dealer at the show.  He RAISED the prices on his beat up prebans.  He was also selling stripped postban lowers in the $145-$185 range.  After the first two hours, the crowd thinned out considerably.  Even ammo was priced higher than the last show.  I was hanging out with my FFL and all these jerkoffs were coming over and complaining to him what a lousy show it was.  One of the few good guys there was one of our own, Garrison Mfg.  He had good prices on the YHM and Troy Mfg sights.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#29]
one table at the crossroads show had a Beta-C mag, with a note attached that said "your last chance to pay way to much for a C-mag."
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:28:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#31]
You have to remember that most dealers don't want to face the reality that their inventory has decreased in value.  Like all people they want to turn a tiddy little profit on anything they sell.  Some dealers will continue to try to sell their $20 used magazines long after you can buy brand new ones for $7.00.

They are no different than the rest of us.  My magazine and pre ban gun collection will drop in value several thousands dollars tomorrow.

The free market will cause things to level off after awhile.  In the meantime dealers will continue to try and get the most money they can fom their inventory.  Us buyers always has the option of saying no to them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:27:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
You have to remember that most dealers don't want to face the reality that their inventory has decreased in value.

I have a hard time believing that someone could operate like that and stay in business very long. There are still states where pre-bans will have value, and it's still too soon to tell what the market will do. If I were a dealer I'd wait. You never know who might come along and buy it at that price, and you don't know what the dealer paid for it, so you don't know how much he stands to lose.
The thing I don't get, is why everyone is bitching that dealers haven't lowered their price. Will you, providing your state allows it, want a used weapon when you can have a brand spanking new one in the immediate future?
I'm watching for prices to drop, but only because I want an SP1.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:30:18 AM EDT
[#33]
i went ti louisville show prices on every thing way to high on every thing bought some 30-06 case for 75 .00 checked out beater m1  fo 1800 and up have two cmp m1 on the way god i love the internet
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:31:09 AM EDT
[#34]
A complete rifle for $1200+    BUY IT NOW.    Its a steal, just look at gunbroker

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=22945454

Preban Colt AR15 lower M4 A2 Pre ban AR
This mint PREBAN COLT lower is in alomost new condition. It was shot very very little (maybe 50 rounds) it was stored in a safe for its whole life. Its in 99 precent condition. This PRE BAN will make the prefect M4 just add upper and you are good to go. It is a verifibale preban so there is no question as to its preban status. With this lower you can have any features you want Flash hider, bayo lug, M4 tel stock.DONT MISS THIS ONE

$1300.00

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top