Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2004 4:49:11 PM EDT
Ok, I am finally giving the stuff up. I like Thai because its spicy as all hell, probably the hottest food one can get in a restaurant. The problem is, when I eat it (usually for lunch at work)..by the time I get home at night...lets just say its a mad dash to the bathroom.

Anyone else have a problem with the spices they use?

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the stuff...

the hotter, the better

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
No.

'cause I don't eat Thai food.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I love the stuff...

the hotter, the better

+1
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
No.

My only problem with it is that it burns my asshole when it comes out the next morning.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The spices are what turns me to that food.  Some of the citrus I could do without.

To this day, I haven't blown mud from eating Thai food.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I ate it last week. I had water shooting out of my ass 30 minutes later. AND I was on a date. I was shitting as fast as I could and then getting back to the table. She never suspected. Hehehe. And I got laid - swamp ass and all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No.

My only problem with it is that it burns my asshole when it comes out the next morning.

Uhm, +1.  

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I love the stuff...

the hotter, the better

+1

+2

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the same trouble but usually takes so long to hit.   I still love the stuff, I just make sure I'm gonna have a head available.
A sorta amusing story:

-My favorite Thai place on Earth is on the island of Crete.  I used to spend quite a lot of time flying out of the Nato Base there... Souda Bay.   The restaraunt is right on the old Phoniecian harbor, in the Town of Chanya (spelling... said "Han-ya")...  Its called the Golden Wok.    In the plane I used to fly, there wasn't a toilet and we'd fly 6-12hr missions, usually with 24 souls onboard.    Most of us would never eat at the Golden Wok the night before a mission for fear of having a "Wok Attack"   But we'd usually encourage the new guy to do it!

So no, your problem, from wher I stand, isn't atypical.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
But we'd usually encourage the new guy to do it!

That's funny mean.  

Outstanding.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I love Thai food.  The hotter the better.

I have to make sure that I will be around the house the next day after eating Thai.

It tears me up so bad that I could shit through a straw!

But damn, it's good!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Love it. No problems eating it. The only problem I have is on the bottom end so to speak. It seems to be even hotter coming out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I still have never found it too hot for me.  I like it, we have 1 decent place here, I put it down no problem.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I ate it last week. I had water shooting out of my ass 30 minutes later. AND I was on a date. I was shitting as fast as I could and then getting back to the table. She never suspected. Hehehe. And I got laid - swamp ass and all.

That is fkn funny as hell...first time I laughed today...would be even funnier if she went down on you!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#16]
no problems, I eat it all the time, the only problem I have is with Vietnamese foods, the "MSG" in a lot of the soups and meats gives me a head ache and makes me drowsy while driving. I prefer not to have any Monosodium Glutamate in  my food.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't eat the stuff.  I never thought it was the spices though.  I always thought it was the oils or something.  About two hours after I eat it my stomach feels a little nauseated but not to the point where I need to run to the bathroom or anything.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#18]
We have a new Thai resturant here in Warner Robins and upon request you can get it "Thai hot", it had me sweating, mouth burning, and I could "feel" its path thru my gut. Good stuff!!!!  Still not as hot as the Thai food I ate when I was in Tak, Thailand, the first bite of local food there had me thinking someone set off a thermonuclear device in my mouth.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Thai , Indian, Vietnamese, Korean, Bosnian  it all gives me the mud butt.  
IMO spending quality time on the throne is a small price to pay for kick ass good chow.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I dunno about thai food specifically, but everything I eat turns to shit...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#22]
It might not be the spices, it might be the coconut.  It irritates my digestive tract too and that sort of reaction is pretty common.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I shit khaki afterwards.  And it smells really bad.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I like it okay, but if the peppers are really hot, I get the hiccups.  Kind of a strange reaction, but I do.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#25]
You know its hot when you start to sweat. The butt does burn on the way out.   But its better then sliders which smell the same going in as coming out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
My wife was is a Thai chef and cooks the Northeast provence - Udon Thani - style.

Yummy.

If the food is too hot just ask them to serve it "one star" or not too spicy "my pet kaup"  ... throw the extra peppers on mine please.

Mai pet - mai dee.  Pet  dee mak mak

You sure your wife is cooking Thai or is it Lao?   The Lao stuff is REALLY hot.  I've seen the thais eating Lao spaghetti (sort of a soup thing) and they are turning red.  Never seen them stop eating it though.

For myself, if I'm in CA I need to come visit.  I LOVE Issan food

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#27]
you need intestinal flaura.  Been drinking too much beer and killed all the stuff that digests your food.  will take time to build it back up and you need the real stuff.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
No.

There's an easy remedy for that.  Swallow a small marble when you're eating a spicy food like that.  The next morning when you're on the crapper, the marble splashes water up onto your burning asshole to cool it off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:55:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I love Thai food.  I usually order it "authentic" in heat, until I heard that you can order "extra-authentic".  Yum!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top