Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2004 4:16:52 PM EDT
Was all set to drag the wife and kids to Destin, Fla. tomorrow for a week on the beach. It appears that an uninvited guest named Ivan will be coming this week too. Any ideas on alternative. I live in N. Alabama.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Was all set to drag the wife and kids to Destin, Fla. tomorrow for a week on the beach. It appears that an uninvited guest named Ivan will be coming this week too. Any ideas on alternative. I live in N. Alabama.

Disney World???
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah!

No, wait! Six Flags over Georgia!

No, wait.....and wait.....and wait

First week off in nine months, got the reservations and getting scrooged BIGTIME by the 'canes.

Ugh.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah!

No, wait! Six Flags over Georgia!

No, wait.....and wait.....and wait

First week off in nine months, got the reservations and getting scrooged BIGTIME by the 'canes.

Ugh.

At least you don't LIVE here...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Aw come on dude, the surf is going to be freakin' awsome !
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Aw come on dude, the surf is going to be freakin' awsome !

Good point...Clearwater or Englewood???
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#6]
No, it's not looking good for those of us in the panhandle.  At least South Florida won't have to go through another one.  I guess we'll have to take this one for the team.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
You could come down and help us clean up after the storm.

I guess you could go to Texas..maybe Galveston. We'll be sending out the tourist by Monday.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I would tell you to drive up to Nashville and go to Opryland, but they closed it and built a mall with a bass pro shops, and they wonder why the Opryland Hotel isnt having much business now Dollywood gets all the tourist. Cant blame em for that though
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No, it's not looking good for those of us in the panhandle.  At least South Florida won't have to go through another one.  I guess we'll have to take this one for the team.  

www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT09/refresh/AL0904W5+GIF/112053W5.gif

Max..bro, I have gone back and forth from South FL. for 2 weeks now. I have family down in Lakeland and Bartow, now this storm is coming here. Weird year. Lemme know if you need anything, I am pretty well stocked and locked.

Oh and BTW, I am more than happy to take the blow for our S. Florida friends..they have had enough already.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Head West.  Do some fishing and hiking in Arkansas.  That should be far enough out of the path of the storm.

Just don't stop in Hope, AR.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Shit, we are still on generator power here after Frances. Come on down and and give us a hand. Your family would be welcome help
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#12]
San Francisco?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Kitty Hawk, NC.

Beach house prices went down starting today.  You can get a damn nice house for less than a grand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top