Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2004 2:33:08 PM EDT
What a load of crap, I just showed up for free food but supposedly all supervisors were suppose to show up. Guess its some expected rule???  Glad I showed up. Just seems stupid to record who was there, i felt like reporting in, "MAK 762 reporting as ordered SIR!"

I hope they weren't writing down how many beers I had!

anyones work do this?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#1]
For lifeguard meetings they always wrote down who showed up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
We had stupid command function in the service. Command picnics, where people were REQUIRED to show up. It was the bigest load of bullshit. We called it FORCED FUN. Only in the military can they order you to go to a picnic....
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I never go to work parties. When I'm on their time, I don't have a choice but to deal with those people. When I'm on my time, I do have a choice.  My boss asked me why I never went. I told him it was my time and I don't have to explain to anybody what I do with it. If you want to pay me, I'll show up. He never said anything about it again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe they are trying keep track of the Cheesy Poofs!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
We have "mandatory fun" at work too.

We had formations to see who went and who wasn't in attendance.

Kinda cool though, standing in formation in civilian clothes with a beer in my hand.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]
In the AF we had mandatory fun and you had to get the required "face time" with the boss. Everyone showed up walked the chow line had one beer said Hi to the commander and the 1st shirt so he could write your name down and we then went and had a nice day.

The highlights for me where the 1st standing by the beer kegs and letting 80 guys have one beer each and leaving 2 half full kegs to pour in the garbage.  Later we had a Christmas where we did the chow line and the required 1st shirt visit and went to the dorms and had a christmas party for the guys without the command staff, leaving the asshole squadron commander and friends with food and beer for 150 people and 12 of them sitting alone in the rec center,,,lol.

After the 1st shirt and commander used 1600 dollars of the squadron fund to buy themselves golf clubs for presents , the IG got us some new management.

As a mostly civilian,,,I never have been to another one of these things.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
In the AF we had mandatory fun and you had to get the required "face time" with the boss. Everyone showed up walked the chow line had one beer said Hi to the commander and the 1st shirt so he could write your name down and we then went and had a nice day.

The highlights for me where the 1st standing by the beer kegs and letting 80 guys have one beer each and leaving 2 half full kegs to pour in the garbage.  Later we had a Christmas where we did the chow line and the required 1st shirt visit and went to the dorms and had a christmas party for the guys without the command staff, leaving the asshole squadron commander and friends with food and beer for 150 people and 12 of them sitting alone in the rec center,,,lol.

After the 1st shirt and commander used 1600 dollars of the squadron fund to buy themselves golf clubs for presents , the IG got us some new management.

As a mostly civilian,,,I never have been to another one of these things.

Damn, thats pretty cold buying gifts for themselves. At least the Army looks out for their guys we have the 1 beer limit but it always gets changed
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#9]
we are having a company picnic and  some of the managment asked me if i was going.my reply was i see you all enough and i am not getting payed.i have more imortant things to do on my weekend since i have to work 6 days ever other week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#10]
In my business (construction) I enjoy the company functions as it's a chance to see the folks from other jobsites and catch up with what's going on with their projects.  It's also a good time so schmooze the bosses if you're at all interested in promotion.  Again because we're all out on different sites it's a good idea to make sure the guys that make decisions about promotions know who you are and can put a face to the name.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#12]

All of our "planning" meetings happen
during the week and we usually end up
starting to drink about 2pm (just got
back from one down in Boston Thurs-Fri).
We have half a day of meetings then
the rest of the time is spent getting
loaded.

It's great to have a cool boss...

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont show up to stuff, they gave us hotdogs and food once but they wanted us to sign some form about static discharge when people were getting shocked.

With company before that we had supper meetings and got free food and paid.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#14]
As if you can't have fun on your own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top